When there is a problem , will Malaysian been able to discuss it openly?

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Being talking to my friends in China and US. They were saying that Chinese government trying to control the discussion on their people and thus the problem were 'avoided' and swept under the carpet. But in US, they will discuss it openly even its sensitive issue because they want each other to aware there is a problem and we need to resolve it.

So I was thinking, in malaysia do we open enough to accept discussion on the issues which affecting the cultural and misunderstandings on our people?

What do you think? I guess we are more or less same as China, swept things under carpet and pretend it is not happen because everyone was afraid of trouble...

by swepting the problem under the carpet may achieve temporary peace...but it may lead into further problem and tension as time passed....

Hope our culture will become modernize and open discussion with ethics and clear mindset will happen when we face any problem.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
I agree, but looks like for us, the G isnt transparent, we dont know who to trust.. This makes the people feel unsecured and they try to make their voices heard.. No matter what it takes..

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
where is the problem?maybe u could get your answer here bro...

Malaysia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Internal Security Act (Malaysia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and many more...

about how to solve the problem?we are a democratic country (sort of),the vote in your hand may help,although it takes time but no harm to give it a try...if you are not patient enough,you may want to try join this

Welcome To Democratic Action Party Malaysia

Parti Keadilan Rakyat (KEADILAN)

or some others you feel good with it

i got problem with how our gov run the country aswell but i choose to wait patiently due many of us see things better or clearer as compared to decades ago (esp after Dr.M came down).

btw,since this is a car forum and although here is general talk section but please don't step across the line of something sensitive (sometimes you don't feel sensitive doesn't means that it's not for others).

well im just a malaysian who wish my country a better place to stay (soon) :wavey:

-peace-

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Most Malaysians are not at that level to understand things yet. And politic people take the advantage to gain profit from it. Combine other things, when openly discussed, it will be a problem, especially when someone pointed someone and say he/she betray the religion or clan or whatever. But, if we personally sit down and discuss, what also can discuss regardless we are different in what manner. It is not the people cannot accept some sensitive issues being discuss openly. It is the matter of the leaders who cannot accept and turn themselves become the front line whistle blower super hero.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
from wat i see...subang has felt shitty after u know who takes over...wheres all the promises...all they do is create blame game like that eff'ed up billboard at taipan junction...they want to take control but after gotten their hands in it they blame the old gang for making shit 'unrepairable'...

Meet the new bos...same shit like the old one...i vote burn all parties down and create a new MCA,MIC,UMNO,PAS,BN...with first rule of party is no old members allowed to be in the party or mentor for the party...

:)

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
I was about to say something rather pointed about the state of governence of this country but out of deference to 5115's anxieties, I will refrain from being completely unrestrained with my views.

But even here, from the very nature of 5115's reaction, you can see for yourself the extent of a citizen's perception of this G.

Put simply, people are fearful of speaking out on the wrongdoings within this country because they are afraid to be hauled off to jail for merely saying things that get on the sensitivity of the Government. And hence, that is why it is perfectly understandable that your moderator prefer to be discretional and register his dissatisfaction quietly in his vote during the next genral election.

csl,

I would not agree completely that Malaysians are not on the level that they do not understand things sufficiently to have a meaningful discussion. I would say the Malaysians are probably more perceptive and self-aware now than they have ever been. The results of the last election bears this out. And there's also no stopping the speed of the internet in distributing uncensored news.

No, people are not talking not because they don't understand the issues. People are not talking because they are afraid what they say will land them in jail.

So make your vote count in the next election.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
If you this thread is pointing at something that happened recently, I can tell you, don't care about it, just treat it as common snatch thief level is enough. Why? Because in today's politic in our country, you will never know who done it. People watched too much movies that similar to Infernal Affair (Infernal Affairs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) till know how to use counter against counter technique. What we need to do is fck it. Since this thing shouldn't use law to solve it, we should just wait and obey the order of the one who stated on Rukun Negara's 2nd line. Either 1 side have to let go. Just hope all people who involved with the wording thing will understand, the thing they believed is strong not because its power, but it is the forgiveness, kindness and peacefulness teaching that come from it. I believe most of both sides believers are started to learn about it since kid time. Sad to see the lesson that teach them to be a good man had failed.

Besides the gov, we, as a parent, as a friend, as a partner, have the responsibility to tell people who involved should spend some times and go back to the root to review what had been learn for these years. The mighty one will not be betrayed, but the leaders who used the peoples will.

I don't believe or belong in any party. I only believe I need to work harder today to secure my job and end of the month will have my salary to buy food for my family. Life is simple, so don't make it so complicated and suffer for it.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

I was about to say something rather pointed about the state of governence of this country but out of deference to 5115's anxieties, I will refrain from being completely unrestrained with my views.

But even here, from the very nature of 5115's reaction, you can see for yourself the extent of a citizen's perception of this G.

Put simply, people are fearful of speaking out on the wrongdoings within this country because they are afraid to be hauled off to jail for merely saying things that get on the sensitivity of the Government. And hence, that is why it is perfectly understandable that your moderator prefer to be discretional and register his dissatisfaction quietly in his vote during the next genral election.

csl,

I would not agree completely that Malaysians are not on the level that they do not understand things sufficiently to have a meaningful discussion. I would say the Malaysians are probably more perceptive and self-aware now than they have ever been. The results of the last election bears this out. And there's also no stopping the speed of the internet in distributing uncensored news.

No, people are not talking not because they don't understand the issues. People are not talking because they are afraid what they say will land them in jail.

So make your vote count in the next election.

Most Malaysian are not matured or knowledgeable to discuss sensitive things. Put aside the factor of personal EQ, most people just know how to protect their 'thing' or rights. They don't know and don't dare to let go own thing for better overall gain. Simple example like fuel price, who will agree that we should not subsidy the fuel anymore? I believe 99.9999% will not agree and at least 2% will start riot and complaining fuel price high. How many can see the big picture? Everyone just can see they need to pay more and may need to sacrifice the luxuries. No one is gonna sacrifice for the fure generations. No one will dare to take the bet with their free lunch.

This issue is not exceptional.

1 side die die also wanna use. Another side die die also said being offended. What teaching they are having? Why they turned into such an ugly human being that betrayed the mighty one's teaching?

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Just hope all people who involved with the wording thing will understand, the thing they believed is strong not because its power, but it is the forgiveness, kindness and peacefulness teaching that come from it. I believe most of both sides believers are started to learn about it since kid time. Sad to see the lesson that teach them to be a good man had failed.
csl,

You cannot appeal to a person's common sense if that person is high and groggy with religious fervour. That is why you should never try talking reason to a religious zealot and expect him to be reasonable because he's mentally incapable of being rational.

Similarly, trying to tell this Government to change for the better is like casting pearls before a swine. They are more worried now for their own political survival then they are of upholding good principles. If sacrificing those principles mean not having to take any action for fear of antagonizing their grassroot voters, then it's probably something they won't change no matter how much we know it is wrong.

Point in fact, your PM just said that he is not going to stop any of the protests despite the potential consequences to public law and order :-

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/121331
Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak today said that the government cannot stop people from gathering at mosques tomorrow to protest against a court decision which had allowed the Christian publication Herald to use to term "------------------".

Funny thing that. Historically, they seem very keen on arresting people on other protests that did not involve the current issue ..............lol.

Ah, well. No matter. Next election not far away. I'm somewhat bummed out though because the stocks have started dipping after a really good rally the last few days and I suspect this unrest is causing the Bursa to be squemish. There you go. This G just cost me some money. Still managed to make a tidy gain though but one wonders if the good run would have been longer had it not been for the latest domestic disturbances

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Such thing like 'you small, I let you to have it' or 'you big, I respect you importance' will be difficult to be materialized. How many people still remember the last phrase of Rukun Negara? Google will remind you if your spellings are right :rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

What he said is correct wor. He cannot order people to do anything in Mosque because the holy place is only for praying or so. Some people bring in some political talk after the praying session by right is illegal according to the general practice. That's why he said he can only control outside the mosque fencing. Ask your muslim friend to ask ustat and see if I'm wrong.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
]

What he said is correct wor. He cannot order people to do anything in Mosque because the holy place is only for praying or so. Some people bring in some political talk after the praying session by right is illegal according to the general practice. That's why he said he can only control outside the mosque fencing. Ask your muslim friend to ask ustat and see if I'm wrong.
By the ordinances, you cannot hold a gathering in any public place without obtaining an approved permit from the police or you risk being arrested. Places of worship are public places so there is no special exemption for these locations.

And nothing stopped the G from going after Al Akram and all those other religious cults at their places of worship.

If PM wants to, he is well within his powers to stop the protests in the name of public law and order. So I don't buy the BS about not being able to do anything about it. Show me a truthful politician and I'll show you a live Unicorn....hahah

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Put aside the lack of understanding between the culture and religion, as I believe I have more ustat friends than a lot of people and may lead to people saying that I had been brain washed. We just talk about common sense and basic politic. PM is a leader of the country. What he do is gonna effect a lot of people. If he send troops into the mosque, it will lead to massive negative reaction from Muslim. The 1st one to kena is not him but the innocent people on the street. Don't you see how Hisham handle the case? Everything follow procedure according to the law, although I personally think that religion thing should not involved with court. Why not just drop an order to the troops and stop the religion newspaper 1st? Because he knows that if he do something aggressive, again, innocent people on the street will kena 1st. At this moment, no one should do anything aggressive to start a fire. Just like what happen, stupid people start talk at religion place and some low eq guy beh tahan and start doing something stupid. As for us, what's wrong if we go and study and try to understand our different relion friends' feeling? I can tell you, what they feel is no different than asking me to give up my chinese name. It is till that level. It is not because of what is right or wrong, it is because of this is something new to everyone and suddenly difficult to be accepted. No one is fully prepared to accept yet.

There are only 3 way to solve this problem.

1. Either 1 side volunteer to give up.
2. The order from the His Highness.
3. A open discuss TV show like larry king type. Multiple parties, including politic, religion and non issue related party. After that, sms to vote for the supporting like those academi fantasia idol thing (knn, still thinking for making money at this moment :biggrin: ) and accept call and listen to the grass root's feeling. This is the easiest way to make people to accept and people will stuck in front of the TV in stead of go out and listen to some provoking talk. Make a series for 3-4 months, let the heat go down 1st and then announce the final decision of the parliament that with the Highness supporting. Case close once and for all, regardless like it or not. There are a lot of tricks involved but I just don't wanna say too much.

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
I think better don't critize too much about the G here, otherwise any G ppl read this thread, then they will sue us under ISA. I heard on the radio that the G ppl will be monitoring websites from now on, not sure how true is that.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Don't you see how Hisham handle the case? Everything follow procedure according to the law, although I personally think that religion thing should not involved with court.
Sure bro. You forgot to mention a few more relevant facts

The High Court judge gave a verdict that it was OK for the Herald to use the 'word'.

An appeal was immediately filed by Hishammuddin on behalf of the Federal Govt but without having gone through a full Cabinet sitting....in other words it did not go through the normal channels of Parliamentary vetting. Which simply implied not all parties had been consulted or advised. It means one obvious group in BN went ahead with the appeal and sidelined any need to consult the other partners/component parties in BN. Purportedly BN represent 1Malaysia....'People First, Performance Now'

Let me ask you a really honest question bro and how about you answer me with equal honesty.

As a citizen of Malaysia, do you feel comfortable with a PM who biarkan sajalah. Biarlah pijat kepala lembu, biarlah protest.

200 million Muslim in Indonesia and they don't make an issue for the use of a 'word'. 22+million in this coutry....a little overhalf of that Muslims and all hell breaks lose over a 'word. Merely calling Him by his proper name is to respect him, for nothing respects someone more than to call his name accurately. So what's the big issue if Christians call their God and the Gods of other religions by their proper names ?

Last edited:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
If I'm the PM (dreaming la), this sort of things can ask 3rd or 4th level people to handle. I'm a very realistic person. Who win who lost in these type of nonsense is not gonna bring any benefit to the country. We have much more important thing to do. China is joining the Asean free trade deal you know I know. Is this an opportunity or a danger, who the fck knows? We need to prepare ourselves for this, from home country economy structure, culture till foreign relationship, non can be left aside. US dollar still remain low, how we are going to manage the reserved fund? Let them rot is it? Population is growing, how to create more job opportunity, as already absorb more than 200k persons into the gov? The private remaining slow....

When people talk about name, pride, wtf is that? If we can't focus on the real world, we will be flush away by the big wave. A lot of people like to talk about zimbawee, yes, if we keep on our jolly with all the subsidies, we no doubt will become one.

Hisham has no choice. He have to do it as per the defend of the order from his department. When the ministry gave the hint, some people don't understand and refuse to accept the fact, here come the problem. And as per the limited time for responding, if I'm him, I'll say no 1st then think about if I can say ok later on. It will be easier than say ok 1st then apologize and pull back what had been approved. The other thing need to take count is the overall responds from the majority people. No data how to process? If the situation allow, nothing happen, approve also no big deal. But if got few hundreds thousand people that have potential to start a giant riot, then need to think a way to hold it 1st. The pressure is not only from the mosque that simple. Foreign people are looking into this issue as well. This also cannot that also cannot, it is not that easy to say yes or no like choosing value meal at McD. He had lost plenty of supports due to his polite way of handle this case. That's why people went to the mosque and start their own fight. In politics, it is not about right or wrong. It is it is gonna work or not. As long as you can maintain the situation, you still have chance to correct it. If you lost control, you'll never get back any chances.

Whom and what we are dealing with? 1 side die die also not gonna let go, another side willing to die for the pride. The situation is not allow to have extra minute for tea break. WHat you are gonna answer? As I say before, if you are the boss, no 1st then think about it. But if you are a kuli, then yes 1st later on and see how.

Do you think it is worth it, innocent rakyat's lifes + economy retract minimum 20 years + country reputation + other few more hundreds things in the exchange of a truth that bring no itch no pain to the future people? And, right now, do we have such luxury resources to be wasted for this type of thing?

That's why I said, we are generally not good enough to discuss such thing openly. Everyone is only focus on their own-immediate benefit. The point of view is only limited to themselves. Anything goes wrong, it is the gov, it is other people. How many people will accept or even go & think about the consequences?

There is nothing wrong to defend the truth. But need to see if the situation allowed. You can have a long fight as long as you still have the chance. Be smart, not stubborn.

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
Now everything is about Money ... 'G' officers don't really want to know about all this just as long as their pocket is deep ... Bribery is everywhere nowadays ...

By name only Democratic Country .. put pull one stunt and thats it ... bungkus ur ass and get ready to face ISA ...

Politics is dirty .. no matter which party takes over .. same shit gonna happen again ... :thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Those farker....stole my exhaust tip for what ? :angry:
stupid farker. Now i cannot sell my muffler aleady.
they were trying to steal my whole muffler...but they didnt because got one bracket very hard to reach.. so they didnt take it..just took my tip... :angry:
F***ers..... :angry: hope they get strike by lighting... :angry:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience