Honda City Vs Kia Forte

Vertigo

Jul 15, 2009
Hey all,

just wanted to find out what the general opinion is for the top range Honda City and the Kia Forte.

City around 90k and the Forte around 94k.. but City oni 1.6, Forte 2.0.

In terms of exterior Forte and City look like clones...Interior got any comments?

Anyone compared these cars? in terms of performance and quality which would be a better buy?

Appreciate any feedback :biggrin:

panjunkz

Known Member
Feb 6, 2009
Ampang
yess i saw the kia forte quite nice... but for long term i go with the honda city.. fuel consumption honda. value for market(second hand value) honda city. maintainance.. honda city..
the highest 1.5cc in its range.. if not mistaken 125hp... as they claim... kia is nice but i go for honda city better...
japanese car rules...
:driver:

Vertigo

Jul 15, 2009
Noob question:

How about maintenance? roughly would Honda spare parts or Kia spare parts cost more?
Owh and aftermarket modification parts; mufflers, BOT, etc etc...which is foreseen to have more? the city or the forte?

would really appreciate any further feedback as i'm a new driver and i plan to do lots of research for my first car ^^

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Noob question:

How about maintenance? roughly would Honda spare parts or Kia spare parts cost more?
Owh and aftermarket modification parts; mufflers, BOT, etc etc...which is foreseen to have more? the city or the forte?

would really appreciate any further feedback as i'm a new driver and i plan to do lots of research for my first car ^^
I not sure which costs more, but how often you see Japanese cars have problems compared to Korean cars? For example, I have a relative driving Kia Spectre, always got problem and the car totally no pick up at all. When you sit in it, you will know what I mean.

Just that Kia Forte has this push start and also keyless entry with some styling design that might attract the public to purchase it. But I would prefer Japanese car makers like Honda and Toyota

I would say it is easier to look for Honda modification compared to Kia cars..Yes, there is aftermarket products for Kia cars too but very limited in terms of choices. Honda there are Mugen, Modulo, Spoon, etc. I would say you will find it easier and more choices in terms of modifications.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I did the test drive for the Kia forte, respond from the gearbox is abit slow.
Suspension is bias to soft and comfort.
Engine wise, still remain throttle cable with Euro 3 std ... if not mistaken, a lot of Mitsubishi parts can support on engine bay. Curb weight is 1260kg for 1.6L.

Re-sell value for this car will be low if compare with City :biggrin:
For me, I still refer to City as more robust design.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I prefer forte design, city's length and width doesnt suit it's robust look...
But resell value definitely honda loh...

wira4g13p

Sep 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
:biggrin: my sis used city...engine quite good..forte...design wise...never test drive it before..but last kia spectra really worst car..waja a way better than spectra :rofl:

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
I'd say a Honda anytime over a Kia.... better resale value, proven reliability, good fuel economy and solid finishing as well....

panjunkz

Known Member
Feb 6, 2009
Ampang
I not sure which costs more, but how often you see Japanese cars have problems compared to Korean cars? For example, I have a relative driving Kia Spectre, always got problem and the car totally no pick up at all. When you sit in it, you will know what I mean.

Just that Kia Forte has this push start and also keyless entry with some styling design that might attract the public to purchase it. But I would prefer Japanese car makers like Honda and Toyota

I would say it is easier to look for Honda modification compared to Kia cars..Yes, there is aftermarket products for Kia cars too but very limited in terms of choices. Honda there are Mugen, Modulo, Spoon, etc. I would say you will find it easier and more choices in terms of modifications.
Totally agree with him, why bother to compare Honda with KIA, almost the same price u can get Honda Civic FD for second hand(1.8 lorr) or Toyota Altis, Toyota VIOS.. Or u want power get honda civic (type-r) that can generate 200hp at least. Or just stck with the civic FD. Man, don't bother what KIA got but value for money that u spending.
BTW, I'm selling bodykit also. So japanese cars bodykit are easily to get..
www.unityventures.blogspot.com

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
Yup, and if you are in to modding your car, the parts are easily attainable as compared to Kia. So what are you waiting for mate?

rewlie

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
This new KIA Forte is using GEMA engine, as in the same used inside Lancer GT, but in Lancer we call it 4B11, for torque and hp, it is almost the same, +-1-2 only, no doubt for the engine, but have no idea on gearbox, for built, try to lift up the hood and held it there, for average guy, i can say you can never last more than 5 minutes, heavy, so i conclude that built is quite tough, other than that, read previously only 2 years warranty for this car, so most of the ppl feel afraid to buy, maybe they have revise it by now, u can check with their salesman, and test drive is not available for 2.0L yet, test drive 2.0L first and only then you decide.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Hi bro sekalian. I just bought a Kia forte just a few days old as a second and daily drive car. My comments about the car is that it is worth the money. power wise not bad for a 1.6 and it does a very smooth shift. looks wise also i would prefer forte compare to city and as claimed during high speed it does safe more fuel compare to the city due to its light weight and 6 speed gearbox.... and for throttle response is just great.. the whole car feels so light for some reason... maybe im feeling it because it is new but i will say its worth the money.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all bro out there. i'm using perdana with rvr engine. can u all tell me the differences between this 2 engine and how to mods rvr so it can be powerfull like evo.

---------- Post added 04-16-2010 at 12:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 04-15-2010 at 11:57 PM ----------

bumpp....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience