Unsolved problem...

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
hie guys and sifus out there,

my ride is experiencing low fuel pressure into engine during high boost or high speed...
i had changed my fuel pump to 280lph with regulator as well...while starts the car for awhile..
the fuel pressure running at 3 bar..somehow for awhile..it will drop to 2.5 bar...

with the new fuel pump..my ride started to 'choking' seems like the fuel having difficulty
to pump into the engine...

somehow with the stock fuel pump...my ride will nt experience the 'choking' but somehow
not enough fuel going into the engine...

really need advices from everyone out there...and whoever experience this before...

might it be the crank sensor?throttle body?afm?ecu?

Last edited:

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Check the lines for any leaks, clogs and blocked fuel filter. Try other friends fuel regulator. check fuel pump again. Who knows the pump is not ori, fake China made Walbro.

kristlg1682

Dec 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
restore your stuff to stock and try.
then find the problem either regulator or fuelpump
make sure no unindentifield object stuck in da fuel supply line ^^.. or maybe your pump are immitation and can't hold the high fuel pressure in long time : D cheer. check before it blowup:itsme:

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
thanks bro...

firstly i changed to walbro fuel pump..and realized it's fake then i changed to sard 280lph...
i changed my fuel filter as well...it might be the fuel line stucks...

but somehow, when fixing back the ori fuel pump everything goes fine...just it wont pump
in more fuel during high boost and high speed...

i got tomei fuel regulator...i guess there are none imitation tomei regulator yet i presume..
and i got my stuffs from SS Racing...

as my mechanic said..it might be the ECU not supply enough power...but we did test with another ECU and the problem still unsolved...

might it be crank sensor, timing sensor or throttle body will cause this problems?

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
1st things 1st, was it your mechanic or tuner? Did you get it remapped after installing those parts?
What fuel rail are you using? OEM or aftermarket? There are fake sard fuel injectors in the market as well.

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Try check the voltage value supplied to pump? unsteady volt also can cause the same problem. Normally it runs constant 12.5v and when high load, increase to 13-14v. This is how the ecu send signal to fuel pump.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Hi bro Alvin,
I suspect you experience unsufficient fuel return flow (choking).This always occur once you change to high volume pump but maintaining the OEM Jet flow.Please try Jet pump killer. :)

http://www.sard.co.jp/after/products/engine/jp_killer/jp_killer.html

i got tomei fuel regulator...i guess there are none imitation tomei regulator yet i presume..
Ohyaa, i found a LOT iMITATION TOMEI fuel regulator especially Type S...

Last edited:

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
semperfi : it was my mechanic and currently running on stock ECU...i believe it's unable to be remapped...and i'm using OEM fuel rail...

reintel : yup..checked the voltage...it's fine...

kaminari : good idea there...might give it a try :)

thanks all sifus for helping...will update once i tried those options...

kristlg1682

Dec 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro alvin.
if u need more fuel supply. i guess you should replace the stock injector. but make sure ECU remap or u just replace one unit of standalone ecu for your engine. if u ever think to make your engine go for high boost. secondly... actually u can run two unit of mercedez fuel pump . somemore u can get it in chopshop with low price...( brand new are recommended) depend on financial also : D cheer wishing u can solve your problem asap ^^ cheer

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
thanks all bro..my problem solved for now...
mechanic added an 'earth' cable at the fuel tank wiring there...
and it seems to run smoothly now..but will see how it goes in few days time...

abu samah

Banned
Aug 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
1st things 1st, was it your mechanic or tuner? Did you get it remapped after installing those parts?
What fuel rail are you using? OEM or aftermarket? There are fake sard fuel injectors in the market as well.
your'e not answering the question or solving it...:stupid:

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
your'e not answering the question or solving it...:stupid:
what do you know about GTR? I'm not trying to solve it, I'm trying to narrow down the search instead of speculating what's the problem. So, if you go to the doc and tell him your stomach hurts, does your doc give you an anti-gastric pill (telling you zantac would probably confuse you) immediately or does he push you into the operating theater and start cutting you up and diagnose you for colon cancer?? He doesn't need to diagnose what's the problem huh? try cranking up your brain for once will ya? :rofl::rofl:

You amaze me!

So, what have you contributed so far besides thread crappin'?

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

glad to hear everything is ok and hope everything goes fine too. I strongly suggest you get an aftermarket ecu or a piggy back. Replace your OEM 444cc injectors as well. i don't know about you but if I were to change to aftermarket fuel pumps and such, I would go for the whole set.

Fuel rail, Fuel pump, Fuel regulator, injectors and etc just to be on the safe side. Good luck.

Last edited:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Don't ever try to install Benz or others types of fuel pump into your GTR as there are many modification needed. Unless their workmanship are superb, then is your call. Fuel pump those are made and design specially for GTR, is a perfect fit and can be installed within a minute without any difficulty or modification needed! Best of all, you will have a peace of mind down the road without worrying will it failed or exploded!

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
good job man. it seems there's a wide array of possibilities which each problem. my friend's GTT also had this fuel "starvation"when he change to bigger turbo..i think he changed the injector and remapped. never thought about this simple earth/common ground solution.

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Glad to hear u manage to solve it. Now i need to claim my trophy!! hehehe... joking only. Anyway, the earthing issue could be due to improper installation. This always happen when replacing to non OEM parts. Another way to increase flows is by installing relay but this would cause the pump to work harder than usual and burns faster.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

NAZA Quest (Chevrolet Malaysia) Sdn Bhd announced just established a new business partnership with Indonesian tyre manufacturer; PT Multistrada, to supply the world-renown Achilles tyres to new production models of the Chevrolet Cruze LT Sport. This announcement was made in conjunction with the Achilles Formula Drift Malaysia 2012, where Chevrolet was the official car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience