Myvi Suspension system

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
Hi bros,

Wanna ask does anyone here know the spring rate of Stock OEM Myvi Springs? kg/mm front and rear?

Thanks.

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
what can you do if you know the figures?

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
to be frank with ya, i just bought an Alza and now Myvi springs are targeted by ALzarian LOL cos the performance nearly matching with Eibach springs, judging by some feedbacks, i would like to compare whther the myvi springs are really that good for alza.... theoritically

Most Alza drivers using myvi spring told there is minimal comfort loss using Myvi springs.

If a stock myvi spring give a myvi a 4 or 3 fingers of fender gaps...

Alza resulted 2 3 fingers of fender gap using myvi springs...... Stock ALza spring are ugly..... it give alza front fender gap 6 or 5 finger and a whooping 5 finger at the rear. A near match with Avanza or Innova... looking the possibilities to look good, feel good and spend good using Myvi springs, i just wanna know how compatible Myvi springs with Eibach etc etc

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
I think Perodua wont simply design a car, it serve a purpose for that kind of high height, yes it might looks ugly because of the height and it has a reason for it...

1. I drive a Myvi and I changed to eibach spring with stock rim and stock abs.
As result the height has lowered and it looks really sweet..
2. As I fetch 2 ppls behind..some bump i need to drive VERY slow over it otherwise kena
3. Comfort wise..more or less similiar to stock but less floating and slightly less bumpy..
4. Higher confident on high speed cornering
5. Especially The Garden carpark, when coming down slope, kena front bumper..

Cannot tahan anymore as very frequent kena the front bumper, So i decide to change to 16" rim
Now my ride looks more cooler but more bumpier compare to stock rim.. Double Confident on cornering.

I have myvi stock spring with me..just keep it for standby just in case of anything..
I think if u change to lowered spring then u cannot fully ultilize what Alza meant to be as a MPV..
U cant load more things or people.. or maybe kena bump..
Keep it as stock i think is the best for comfort, usability and economical way.. and the most important...Peace of mind of voiding warranty...

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
hehe yeah bro, we already tested Myvi spring with all your concern...
Alza with Myvi spring result:-

well as we aware Alza are one of Toyota innovation and even TRD manufacture lowering springs which gives 2 to 2.5 fingers gap to the stock absorbers,

1) Full load 5 adults with luggage in the back - Pass, even speed bumps
2) The rear arent rubbing with the fender at high speed or sudden road condition changes but the front a bit rubbing at speed exceeds 130km/h.
3) Rear have been installed with spring damper while front haven't
4) Comfort only have really minimal loss.

thanks for the eibach result.... it really helps.

I just need the data to see and expect the result if i change the coil to other brands.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Im using eterna twin turbo engine, with SSQV, but the problem
is the BOV does not sound, only abit at 0.8bar...
wat could be the problem?
hose leaking?
not enough pressure?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience