advise on decent car alarm with turbo timer function

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
hi all,

I've recently installed new set of different engine into my pV6. previously i;m using tenon 2-way communication alarm. After rewiring my mech told me that he doesn't know how to wire correctly the tenon alarm with the turbo timer. so he asked me to bring the module to accessories shop and put it back. I did search thru forum and understand that some alarm cannot be coupled with turbo timer. It will pening. I think my tenon also might not work with the turbo timer plus I don't know where the authorised workshop is since when i bought this car already equipped with tenon. After engine transplant, my money kaput already I only have budget for below than 1K. I did search thru but there's to many type of alarm systems nowadays. Not sure which is worth to buy. Hope you guys can share your valuable experiences/opinions on alarm system that works pretty nice and safe within my budget.

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Good Thread Kanan,
I'm a V6 owner who's been facing the same questions as you are right now. I've come to know that there are mobilizers and talking alarms too. But am still waiting for some good recommendations from our sifous online....

Hopefully this thread will answer our questions...

The other thing is, if this guys who install the alarms can troubleshoot problems, how sure can we be that they do not have ways to dis-arm the alarms without our knowledge ....

ToY_mAcHiNe5

Known Member
Sep 1, 2008
Steelmate 898G maybe?? quite good for ur car. i think no problem to connect with the electronic gadgets inside ur car including timer..

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
go for steel mate as well for me too... there are various models and also hv 2 way models available..

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
what's the price bro?issit shock sensitive?i ceme across radiostar alarm system. rich in features.but thta was 2005 thread.quite ok it's only have prob in remote range.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

read about steelmate.good review by forumers.but can it accept the turbo timer countdown?looked thru the function but not thre.. where the location of the authorised mech to install it?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
steelmate model 898 is 2way alarm.. got shock sensor also... and auto start, but must add sumthing to enable auto start.. also got trunk release and must add device for trunk release.. price im not so sure.. check market place for it..

turbo timer u hv to go to wiring ppl who know how to installl timer with alarm.. some do not how to install, when timer countdownover n u hv already lock your doors.. then engine off.. door will open again..

Last edited:

Zzeenn

Jun 5, 2009
If you're considering an alarm with build-in turbo timer function, im using this one:

Crimefighter Alarm

So far no prob for me, turbo timer, remote start, truck release etc. The oled screen is nice, and got in-car charger if the remote battery is low.

ToY_mAcHiNe5

Known Member
Sep 1, 2008
if ur in ipoh, i can show u the best wire man here than can enable ur timer with ur alarm system. i`m using steelmate with HKS type-0, i still can enable my alarm and lock the car while the timer countdown. so, whenever the timer was (for example) 30seconds, i just close the door, lock and arm my car, and leave it while the engine still running until it shut itself.

if i`m not wrong, they put some kind of relay in between alarm and timer... just to enable the timer and alarm.

Azu MET008

Known Member
May 28, 2009
If Alarm

Try T Rex bro - no wire at all.
No effect turbo timer

U Wont Regret.:wavey:

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Thanks guys. I just bought crime fighter alarm system.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

I've problem with my brakes on my Toyota Cressida. Just fitted a Big double layer servo and a pair of twin port caliper. Yet the brakes seems sluggish.

Desperate help needed.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience