DC5 Technical Problems/Issues

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
My clicking sound when I press and release the clutch is a mystery...so annoying...anyone?
i had this problem once...but mysteriously the sound disappear after a while!! same goes with my keletung (metal hit metal sound) each time i turn my steering!!

i have no idea why! :biggrin:

the only main problem rite now is how to get rid all the water from my rear lamp given by this raining season

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
i had this problem once...but mysteriously the sound disappear after a while!! same goes with my keletung (metal hit metal sound) each time i turn my steering!!

i have no idea why! :biggrin:

the only main problem rite now is how to get rid all the water from my rear lamp given by this raining season
bela ikan yer bang :biggrin: . u must take out both rear lamps, dry it, and silicone all round...

Turbulence

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
actuali, i got the same prob with the noise and i check with Keung at the Sri muda there and he told me is the sounds which came from the suspension and nothing to do with the steering rack as earlier i suspected it was the faulty of the steering rack.

ckwanloong

Known Member
Feb 22, 2009
hi friends
my engine dies off...after tht very difficult to start! the check light is on..then i check with diagnosis it only shows o2s....but o2s wouldnt cause engine mati then susah start....how abt tps and map sensor? do tht possible these tps or map sensor rosak without any fault data frm ecu??help!!!

steviedevil

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
hi friends
my engine dies off...after tht very difficult to start! the check light is on..then i check with diagnosis it only shows o2s....but o2s wouldnt cause engine mati then susah start....how abt tps and map sensor? do tht possible these tps or map sensor rosak without any fault data frm ecu??help!!!

Bro, did you relocate your battery to the boot?

dvino

Known Member
Mar 16, 2009
hi Guys,

Need some help here.
After 9 years I went out for a date last night :thefinger:
The chick was complaining that the car is to noisy but she liked it ( thansk to timmy :)

I was driving on a curvy road and I took a very narrow and hard right corner.
Well there is good news and a bad news about that almost 80 degree right corner:
Good news : She hold my hand because she was exited or freaked out..who cares :biggrin: my objective is achieved
Bad news: some kind of noisy appear on my left suspension side. It like water splashing or plastic had straggled to the arm. I also found that there is significant amount of water on my passenger side carpet.
( I went for a car wash the day before)
Well I freaked out after that and I was driving completely slower on the corners and the sound is not that noisy... it then disappeared on straight line.
What could this be? Any idea guys?

XBREED

Known Member
May 13, 2008
Hey all Gurus here, does anyone have experience any problems like after VTEC kicks in, and when you slows down, and tries to accelerate again, sometimes the car doesnt seem like wanna accelerate (especially on low rev)? As if there's air/fuel problem, like its not giving air/fuel to the engine? Some told me it MIGHT be the air/fuel setting is out. Some said maybe is the MAP sensor. Some also said MAYBE the throttle body is dirty. But I have the TB washed, serviced, changed spark plugs, the problem still exist, but its not as bad as it used to though. Need your professional advices Gurus :) cheers.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Hey all Gurus here, does anyone have experience any problems like after VTEC kicks in, and when you slows down, and tries to accelerate again, sometimes the car doesnt seem like wanna accelerate (especially on low rev)? As if there's air/fuel problem, like its not giving air/fuel to the engine? Some told me it MIGHT be the air/fuel setting is out. Some said maybe is the MAP sensor. Some also said MAYBE the throttle body is dirty. But I have the TB washed, serviced, changed spark plugs, the problem still exist, but its not as bad as it used to though. Need your professional advices Gurus :) cheers.

TP Sensor :biggrin:

XBREED

Known Member
May 13, 2008
TP Sensor :biggrin:
Bro Vagabond, sorry for being a noob, but whats a TP sensor n what does it do? :hmmmm: U've experienced the same problem before too?And if its the TP sensor, what price tag am I looking at for a replacement and where to get it/change it? Thanks for your advice bro. Cheers :adore:

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys, I have an issue whereby after I vtec there is rattling sound like something is loose coming from my accelarator pedal. I will only hear this sound when I lift my foot of the pedal. Had checked all the nuts and bolt are tighten. The sound is coming from inside the engine bay. it doesn't effect the performance but it's bloody annoying. Anyone experience this before? Cheers .. Hizam - 4747

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
Hi guys, I have an issue whereby after I vtec there is rattling sound like something is loose coming from my accelarator pedal. I will only hear this sound when I lift my foot of the pedal. Had checked all the nuts and bolt are tighten. The sound is coming from inside the engine bay. it doesn't effect the performance but it's bloody annoying. Anyone experience this before? Cheers .. Hizam - 4747
yea i think i having the same issue, only let go pedal will hear the sound..but they say is normal..coz of the gearbox i think..not sure.

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
yea i think i having the same issue, only let go pedal will hear the sound..but they say is normal..coz of the gearbox i think..not sure.
I checked with N1 mech, he told he at the firewall there is this bracket which meant to be loose as it will expand when it's hot and there are some washers there.. it could be worn out and the rattle could come from the washers.. I will cehck further and update once I get more info..