bush question..and yes i`ve made the search.

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
hi,

I need some help with my bushings for my ej6 single cam VTEC..i`ve donne the search in the forums but i am still unable to find answers to 2 questions below :

1. Total number of bushes to be changed
2. Location of a good/complete(has pump and etc) workshop

The bush that i am talking about are the suspension and also the bushes that contribute to handling and comfort...i`ve read some sifus like Hikaru say that they have changed their complete bushes for around RM 1.5k..i want to do the same but i need some help to be pointed in the correct direction..please help me as i son`t want to kena "cong" by any mechanics out there..i have estimated my budget to be around RN 2k to RM 2.5k..

thank you.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Front - 5 perside - Upper arm 2, lower arm 3

Rear - 3 perside - Trailing arm 1 , lower arm 2

So total both sides = 16
(correct me if i've missed any)

Almost all workshops will send it to a machine shop to "pump" in/out the bushes..

Workmanship fee for front and rear is around RM400-500 depending on workshop..
The rest of your costs depend on what type of bushes you put in, hard rubber/PU/Stock..& how cheap you can get them :biggrin:

I can recommend a workshop if your in the Bangi area..

Last edited:

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
aalto,

thanks for the info..please let me knoow the shop in bangi..i can try to go there..i am in ampang mostly..

sifus out there,

can anyone confirm the total 16 bushes?..ive read that there are like 28 total..please correct me..thanks..

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
The main bushes are the suspension arms ones....the important ones for handling, I missed the compensator rear arms + 2 per side, and theres also another rear upper arm +2 perside (usually change to adjustable camber type), so total 24.

Other ones are the absorbers(front -2, rear- 4) , engine mountings X 3 (+2 small ones), sway bar bushes X 4, front sway bar connector X 2, gear lever bush X 1.

Sorry but I'm counting through memory....so might miss some...changed mine a few years back.:biggrin:

The workshop is Sm Racing , in Sg. Merab near MPI,call Paie : 012 6757431

Last edited:

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
check the link below

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/chassis-and-wheels/300280-hardrace-performance-suspension-parts.html

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
bro supernova,

the links shows parts which are more for race cars..im sure that the handling will feel rough..going over the smallest hole will feel like the car masuk lubang besar...anyhow, thanks for the info..ive posted there too..have you changed yours before?

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
Hi,

Yes, actually a lots of honda has gone hardrace.
even my ex-s15 also fuly loaded with hardrace, reasons being it has hard rubber bushing over pillow ball only available through others.
The JDM OEM bushing cost even more then hardrace unless you op for the thai mari which are not going to last for long.
It is harder then oem but not as hard as what mugen offer which is super hard and also softer then PU and you don't have to worry about maintenance (need to do regular montly lube to save it from harden and start to deteriate.)
harrace bushing has compliance built into them, the bush will twist slightly(thats how suspension bushing work) and then hold to a set, this will not give the tires a sudden shock.
For longivity, my eg6 track car has been using a combo of hard rubber and pillow ball bushing has accumulated 5000km of race and hard driving without requiring any maintenance or replacement, also my jazz front lower arm bush which i have change 2 sets of thai mari bush prior to hard race bush which is still running strong after 2 years har running.

it is your choice, but choose wisely, as it is too costly to buy the bushing as well as installaing them

Last edited:

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
bro supernova,

thanks again but in summary, will the ride comfort be sacrificed tremendously if hardrace is used on my 1996 civic sedan?

fast

Known Member
May 19, 2005
PJ
u will never regret using hard race bushing . not to promote hardrace bushing what ever oem superpro no match.. trust no branding.. sense and decision u make as a driver. u are lucky not to be a white mouse..
any how u as u ...

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
bro supernova,

thanks again but in summary, will the ride comfort be sacrificed tremendously if hardrace is used on my 1996 civic sedan?
It will affect NVH no mattle how, but much better then others and benefits you get will be very pleasant driving experience, like new car but better.:biggrin:

it also depend on the spring and shock u are using, shokc with unsufficient travel will definately amplified the NVH

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
It will affect NVH no mattle how, but much better then others and benefits you get will be very pleasant driving experience, like new car but better.:biggrin:

it also depend on the spring and shock u are using, shokc with unsufficient travel will definately amplified the NVH
bro supernova,

sorry to be a bit dunb here but what u mean by NVH?,,i xquite understand..wow,like new car huh..that is what is important for me..so, lets say i want to feel this "new" care feeling, what are the bushes that i need to change? Could u PM me the parts i need to change and the prices too...i drive a 1996 so4 ej6..thanks again..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok lets get down sifu sifu..
Budget for transplant 10k

This is what i have found so far
we put high price so doesnt run out of
budget later in real transplant ok :)

Halfcut GSR 4G93T
Best condition is about 6000 (Non-Lsd gearbox)
Vr4 intercooler is about 500
Vr4 stainless steel pipe 500
Vr4 twinport brakes 800
total = 7800

what i can sell from this is
GSR front brake disc = 200-300
GSR original intercooler = 200-300
GSR Bodyparts =...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience