Altezza FAQ

nksc

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2006
err..one question..which one is better..altezza or is250??

nksc

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2006
i know..i mean between altezza rs200 and new lexus is250..

ston3r

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
i know..i mean between altezza rs200 and new lexus is250..
i would answer that... the new IS250 is quite unlike its predecessor the IS200, which was basically a softer version of the SXE10. Although both IS200 and RS200 shared the same body and chassis, it had a different heart. The BEAMS 3SGE engine produced more hp and was of course the more popular choice.

With the IS250, Toyota decided that there should no longer be a Toyota variant, which is why you don't see any replacement models for the Altezza, which is quite sad. Instead, the IS250 is beefed up to 2.5cc and comes with 206bhp and a 6-speed transmission, with auto mode. The paddle shifts are very accurate and quick to change gears. I was quite surprised when I had the car for the weekend. Basically, it'll give a stock RS200 a run for its money, with emphasis on S-T-O-C-K. And yes, it's powerful enough for u to drift around if u like that sort of driving.

It's quite unfair to compare the IS250 with an Altezza as they are as different as comparing a young blood vs a middle aged man in a sprint race. Many argue that the IS-F is the replacement model of the Altezza, which is out of many people's price range. Unless u have a lot of money, it would be very expensive to buy one.

If u have the money, I would say u should by all means go for the IS250, which is newer and u will not be disappointed with the luxuries in it, especially for the IS250 Luxury model which comes with electric seats, seat heater/cooler, mark levinson sound system, xenon headlights and the works. Sadly though, no sat nav or screen is included.

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited:

Hanx

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I drive Dec 1998 Altezza RS200 Z-edition 6MT, i want to know what size of brake pad that fit my car(17 inches rim). Any recomended brand?

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Hanx , hw you find the current brake pad ? If its ok then replace bk the same one . Size? You just go to spare parts shop and tell them is toyota altezza SXE 10 , if you want aftermarket brake pad also tell them the same

Cheers

ling23

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2008
Hi I'm new here just bougth Altezza from Alan, want to know that where do I cheak the gear box oil ? I can't find that? Anybody that ?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
ling23, congratz in getting alan's ride.. if u in KL, u can try to visit
- Trial Tuning (salak selatan)
- Visions (sunway & bangsar)
- Alex's (bandar tasik selatan)
but if not mistaken, u from southern area right?
maybe some johorian can share this knowledge.

ling23

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2008
Yea.. Wfhan I from kluang,Johor. so ;( can't join yrs my place no tezza member so bor...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Battery Revitalizer (12V)
(Released on 25/09/2008)

Sulphation is a condition when the lead sulphate that is formed on the plates of a battery during its discharge changes in structure. Fairly large sulphate crystals are formed, which block the pores of the lead plates and hence reduce their active area. This causes the capacity of the battery to be reduced — it can no longer supply large currents and it can not be charged effectively in the usual way. The most effective way to break...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience