4AGE exhaust experiment report

LuXun

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Ipoh, JB
Im using bt with 2.25" piping after extractor to muffer. Muffer 2" in & out. My mech said 2.25" is a bit big for stock bt. The ideal pipe size is 2". Now the pick up is ok. if 2" pipe is even better. Any sifu can explain?????

edgeo

Known Member
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
20VKE70 said:
edgeo...if that the case. u just can use the 1.5"-2" inch piping. kira ok la. but better 2 inch. i dont know how to explain in technical maybe other sifus can explain it to you. my svt currently using non-stainless steel 2 inch piping with the middle box. what i can tell you that the car runs smoothly and not bising2 la...btw how much you got for the auto BT halfcut??
I got my bt auto halfcut with white face meter and no bodypart at RM 2.8k...I guess it from wagon coz the dashboard is exactly same...I hope the price is worth for halfcut considering the dashboard, meter (millague 83K) and condition of the engine....easily can start and engine idle at around 1k

20VKE70

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Gombak
i oso got that kind of price for an auto BT halfcut. its worth it if u got all of the things in the halfcut. the bodyparts its not important...unless u have an seg and want to put all the bodyparts also....:_:

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
Luxun, if you use the 2" piping the low to mid rev power sure nice, but the high range rev is suck. Hahaha.. .. But this i tested it on Silvertop lar.. ..

daryl chan

Banned
Jan 25, 2007
I am using 4age 20v silvertop

2.38" piping from middle to back

+ one bullet in the middle

Using HKS dragger super muffler

Sound not that nice but power at 0-120 only...power nice at 5-8.2k rpm

after 3-5k the muffler sound like vtec buka...lol

Captain Fast

Known Member
Apr 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
stock headers, big straight flow center bullet (2" in and out), 2.2" piping and big muffler straight flow (2" in and 3" out). slightly sluggish below 3k rpm but anything after that is just fantastic! and you don't lose any low end torque. pulls very nicely all the way to 7.8k rpm (rpm cut). stock blacktop engine :)

big bullet and muffler to keep the noise down but still gives enough noise to satisfy you!

Last edited:

azahari.aziz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
im using bt 20v with mody
standard extractor
after extractor using 2.5" piping with 2 center box 2.25"
2.5"until end and using 2.8" mugen power muffler (take out from K20AR DC5 race car)
pick up ok n much better for high end
power came at 3500RPM
fuel 5liter goes to 55-65km town
highway much better

Bump: im using bt 20v with mody
standard extractor
after extractor using 2.5" piping with 2 center box 2.25"
2.5"until end and using 2.8" mugen power muffler (take out from K20AR DC5 race car)
pick up ok n much better for high end
power came at 3500RPM
fuel 5liter goes to 55-65km town
highway much better

ikankaloi

Known Member
Jun 17, 2007
www.e-dcl.justgoo.com
i really misses those days when rm10 of petrol can go up to 80km ..... nowadays my 20v can only do rm10 = 60km/l :rofl:

Bump: i really misses those days when rm10 of petrol can go up to 80km ..... nowadays my 20v can only do rm10 = 60km/l :rofl:

amae92

Known Member
Feb 13, 2007
2 thumb up for thread starter.
i bought fgk header, 2.3" HKS piping and HKS mufler from him. everything he said about the effect and how performance increase, advantage and disadvantage is genuine.
using it almost a year already..really satisfy in mid to high end. 2.3" piping can reveal more potential on 16v non-tvis.

Last edited:

Jordy

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
Kuching,Sarawak
want wan to check with all 4age brother's... i'm using 4age 16valve smallport... bought a RS-R 4-2-1 header not long ago... my problem is.. the header it's 2.5"... sud i use 2.5" pipping strait to the muffler with a central bullet or sud i tapper down to 2.2" pipping with a central bullet than to my muffler... current now using 2" strait to the muffler with a central bullet... advice needed..thanks

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
just follow the specs and everything should be all right

http://www.trdparts02.jp/english/parts_muffler.html

S

sincere1

just follow the specs and everything should be all right

http://www.trdparts02.jp/english/parts_muffler.html
follow the spec based on following ?
(1) for s-flow muffler ?
(2) standard extractor ?
(3) standard air intake (air box with oem filter) ?
(4) standard engine, ie without tuning part , i.e. standard cam ?

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
follow the spec based on following ?
(1) for s-flow muffler ?
(2) standard extractor ?
(3) standard air intake (air box with oem filter) ?
(4) standard engine, ie without tuning part , i.e. standard cam ?
For item 1, why not just a full exhaust performance exhaust from our lubang kings on ZTH kau tim...........

LuXun

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Ipoh, JB
HKS 4-2-1 with original Levin twin muffler (from extractor, center box till muffler). Pickup more responsive but top end not so good. Anyone has try using both after market muffler with this setup?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys please help me... my car n13 got problem at the left driveshaft... when i want to reverse got 'tok 2' sound. it can be louder when i reverse to a higher place lar.... so worried la... my mech also 'pening' oledi coz when i bring to the workshop the sound suddently dissapear la... dunno la wethter it's a black magic or what...

or is it because of my attitude that like to corner at high speed with the standard suspensions system....? and also my brake system coz last time i had to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience