GEN2 Buddies!!!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
take a visit to a nearest sc..they hve the table n cost figure free 2 view for each service..

Ok, will go to visit.
Btw, have any new engine release from Campro after CPS ?
Any turbocharge engine ?:confused:

edyn

Jan 15, 2006
Hi All,

My be we late,But not to Late to try SuperCharge + Turbo..
What Kind of Engine Calture we need to Fix it for That Mission Friends..
My Gen2 Almost 5 Year ..
Plant to Fix All this on 1 Year,2010...2011 Done..

Let Do it Together..
My be After this we only can buy Car with fullspect only..

No modifixcation..ha ha..

Layan Standtard Jea..

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
Hi Guys,

Soory for jump Q here.
I would like to ask something with Gen 2 as might grab one at next year.
Few questions hope can help.

1) Gen 2 CPS , fuel consumption
2) Spare part cost, compare with Wira.
3) 5 years @ 150k km under Proton service and warranty - How much need to pay for each service?
4) Good sound proof ?
5) Have noise inside ? such those having in Wira previously.
6) Is the clutch heavy? suit for lady drive?
7) Engine / throttle response - hear a complain that wireless throttle make the engine stupid.

Appreacite if Gen 2 Buddies can provide clean info. Thanks a lot.

since im using cps rite now,this is what i got for ur question here..

1) fuel consumption;i managed to get 6.6l/100km which means roughly rm12 of ron95 per 100km.for me,this consumption is quite good already.average speed 90kmh full time.

2) comparing to wira,i think spare part wont cost too much.havent changed anything yet since the car is new.7 months old oni.but searching through the net for aftermarket stuff,i think wont cost u too much.

3) 5 years waranty and every time servicing cost me rm130 for oil and filter including labor.the labor oni cost me rm40.

4) i dont think gen2 have good sound proof because when im on the phone with my gf doing like 140kmh,my gf asked me to slow down coz the sound is too loud for her to hear me speaking.140kmh fast already i guess.the sound mainly comes from the engine,not from the wind or tyre..

5) not sure bout ur question here but for me gen2 quieter than wira la inside.

6) the clutch is long and for lady driver,i guess need to adjust the seat closer to the steering wheel.all proton nowadays have long clutch i guess.my dad's neo also same issue.i think the clutch is just nice and not soo heavy.

7) proton car nowadays using drive by wire so there's a lag when u step down on the throttle but yes this lag bothering me so much.i hate it n prefer the mechanical linkage which is more responsive and less lag.but what to do,new car nowadays fitted with this kind of technology already.even camry also have it but not sure if camry have throttle respond problem like proton car.

this is what i can kindly share with u regarding what u want to know..if got mistakes,plz excuse me as im new to cps.

cheers dude...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
since im using cps rite now,this is what i got for ur question here..

1) fuel consumption;i managed to get 6.6l/100km which means roughly rm12 of ron95 per 100km.for me,this consumption is quite good already.average speed 90kmh full time.

2) comparing to wira,i think spare part wont cost too much.havent changed anything yet since the car is new.7 months old oni.but searching through the net for aftermarket stuff,i think wont cost u too much.

3) 5 years waranty and every time servicing cost me rm130 for oil and filter including labor.the labor oni cost me rm40.

4) i dont think gen2 have good sound proof because when im on the phone with my gf doing like 140kmh,my gf asked me to slow down coz the sound is too loud for her to hear me speaking.140kmh fast already i guess.the sound mainly comes from the engine,not from the wind or tyre..

5) not sure bout ur question here but for me gen2 quieter than wira la inside.

6) the clutch is long and for lady driver,i guess need to adjust the seat closer to the steering wheel.all proton nowadays have long clutch i guess.my dad's neo also same issue.i think the clutch is just nice and not soo heavy.

7) proton car nowadays using drive by wire so there's a lag when u step down on the throttle but yes this lag bothering me so much.i hate it n prefer the mechanical linkage which is more responsive and less lag.but what to do,new car nowadays fitted with this kind of technology already.even camry also have it but not sure if camry have throttle respond problem like proton car.

this is what i can kindly share with u regarding what u want to know..if got mistakes,plz excuse me as im new to cps.

cheers dude...
Hi Senbe,

Thanks for the detail sharing, appreciate.
Btw, now I'm in-progress selling my car. Target next year Q1 to grab one.

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
hope u wont have too much issue buying a cps coz the waiting time is quite long but since i got my gen2,never been happier.hahaha.yeah rite..cps ok la bro,good for long distance.when high rpm power can easily squeeze out,no jokes bout it.nice interior,black n red..anyway, good luck bro...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
hope u wont have too much issue buying a cps coz the waiting time is quite long but since i got my gen2,never been happier.hahaha.yeah rite..cps ok la bro,good for long distance.when high rpm power can easily squeeze out,no jokes bout it.nice interior,black n red..anyway, good luck bro...
Thanks.
Btw, will look for CPS model as with less than RM60K for new car, what else car with can go excepted Gen2 CPS??:confused:

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
depends..if u only want proton car,gen2 would be the best buy but got a few prob,high tail end so hard to see car behind,some more got spoiler plak.head room clearance for the back passenger is not much.going through bump at high speed,sure ppl at back knock their head to the roof. for the same price of a new proton,u can get 2nd hand honda n toyota.better buy but ussually higher interest rate.depends on u la bro...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Btw,
forget to ask, what is Gen2 wheel PCD ?
is PCD100 or PCD 114.3?
Pls advise.. Thanks

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
erm...my personal opinion...go for gen2...either cps or iafm....im using the 2005 gen2 and till now, really syok driving it...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
guys,

any of u experianced with air con service on Gen 2?
Does the dashboard need to bring for the full service?

Pls advise.. Thanks.

ekvtec

Dec 9, 2005
hi , just wondering is there any gen2 halfcut in the market? my friend car just take a swim in the KL flood.. if have do call me 1700808099

WRM

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Selling my Gen.2 CPS.Hi-Line/Manual.July 08.ABS.125HP!Condition like new.Done only 15k KM!Used mainly in campus since i am a student.Call-0134906786 for more info.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought an evo 3 throttle body. The seller said that it would fit into wira 1.6 and same goes to Perdana sei.

Perdana sei is my car. Currently im using jasma 72mm throttle body which in the end have its sensor broken and i tried installing evo 3 throttle body but the timing/rpm went bursting everytime i start the car, and i'll quickly turn off the engine. And now i've cabut it back.

so... CAN REALLY EVO 3 TROTTLE BODY FITS PERDANA SEI STANDARD ENGINE?

if can, do i need some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience