"DON'T" on track day

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
can i add 1 more?know d limits of ur car.like wat happened during d 15th Nov track day whr a blue Honda Civic EG6 blew his engine ard T5 n white smoke was basically masking everybody's vision.dangerous!n i dun even know if d blown engine left any oil on track!y i say know d limits of one's car is coz i kinda heard wat d owner dis...he is running basically a stock B16A n he rev til 10,000km just cox it's FUN!in d end,menyusahkan other ppl oso,right?
just sharing wat i heard.no offence 2 d EG6's owner if ur reading dis.

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
Good Point. Pit Wall to Pit Lane exit line is about 200m -150m marker. Most Track regulars are only just about to hit the brakes.

There's really no need to take the wider racing line for T1 if u are exiting the Pit lane. Just stick to the right all the way to T1.
exactly. if a really quick car with good brakes is attacking T1, they'd be braking from speeds like 230km/h to 250km/h at around the 100m mark. e.g. - i've seen the data trace on a Singaporean modified R35 GT-R which did a 2m 26 lap around Sepang during a time attack event last year: peak speed of 247km/h before braking for T1 - if someone cuts out to the left, matilah......

I reckon the problem is nobody gives a shit. Never mind open trackdays, even at a HPC event some time ago, i specifically raised this point during the 'debriefing' session for the 'experienced' group, and was appalled by the response of the guy doing the debriefing.

it went along the lines of: ".. yes, that's a good point thank you. BUT since we have just a small group here today, and no one is going THAT fast, it's okay lah .." - it was even spoken in the presence of the kwai lou guy they brought in as 'track driving/safety consultant or sth.

:stupid: unbelievable, one guy with CBF attitude representing the organiser, undermining the supposed efforts to raise the standard of safety and awareness.

/end rant

kl_akdreams

Jun 28, 2009
exactly. if a really quick car with good brakes is attacking T1, they'd be braking from speeds like 230km/h to 250km/h at around the 100m mark. e.g. - i've seen the data trace on a Singaporean modified R35 GT-R which did a 2m 26 lap around Sepang during a time attack event last year: peak speed of 247km/h before braking for T1 - if someone cuts out to the left, matilah......

I reckon the problem is nobody gives a shit. Never mind open trackdays, even at a HPC event some time ago, i specifically raised this point during the 'debriefing' session for the 'experienced' group, and was appalled by the response of the guy doing the debriefing.

it went along the lines of: ".. yes, that's a good point thank you. BUT since we have just a small group here today, and no one is going THAT fast, it's okay lah .." - it was even spoken in the presence of the kwai lou guy they brought in as 'track driving/safety consultant or sth.

:stupid: unbelievable, one guy with CBF attitude representing the organiser, undermining the supposed efforts to raise the standard of safety and awareness.

/end rant
what a shame. don't they know the penalty of it during a race. the penalty can determine how danger of it if breaking the rules. they can't even touch the line to be safe no matter how small or how fast the group. watch more F1.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
can i add 1 more?know d limits of ur car.like wat happened during d 15th Nov track day whr a blue Honda Civic EG6 blew his engine ard T5 n white smoke was basically masking everybody's vision.dangerous!n i dun even know if d blown engine left any oil on track!y i say know d limits of one's car is coz i kinda heard wat d owner dis...he is running basically a stock B16A n he rev til 10,000km just cox it's FUN!in d end,menyusahkan other ppl oso,right?
just sharing wat i heard.no offence 2 d EG6's owner if ur reading dis.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to blow up their engine at the tracks... the purpose of track days is to test the limit of your vehicle actually.. so not point going soft on your engine and just apply 50% throttle at the tracks... rite?

I blew my motor in Sepang b4 due to overboosting.. straight away I drove my car on to the side grass... therefore keeping minimal oil spills at the tracks. Eventually red flag was up because of this... but please understand.. it's not inconsiderate of me.. but being considerate of what you are suppose to do in the event of such accidents.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
ftzone,
d reason y i posted wat i posted is coz THAT EG6 owner come frm d same workshop whr i do my car......n it's d regulars der who heard him saying so..he purposely whack till dat rpm range just coz it's fun n his chipped ECU allows him 2 do so.......but since his engine is relatively stock,only w d usual IHE mods...der's really no point to go even 9000rpm..wat more 10,000rpm?
ok,fine..i agree w ur point abt testing d limits of one's car on track..but haf u seen d video?he drove all d way frm T5 whr his car was already spewing lotsa white smoke all thru T7&8 b4 d video ended...so i dun really know how far he drove...but dat is really a "DON'T" if u ask me....

Last edited:

kl_akdreams

Jun 28, 2009
I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to blow up their engine at the tracks... the purpose of track days is to test the limit of your vehicle actually.. so not point going soft on your engine and just apply 50% throttle at the tracks... rite?

I blew my motor in Sepang b4 due to overboosting.. straight away I drove my car on to the side grass... therefore keeping minimal oil spills at the tracks. Eventually red flag was up because of this... but please understand.. it's not inconsiderate of me.. but being considerate of what you are suppose to do in the event of such accidents.
ftzone,
d reason y i posted wat i posted is coz THAT EG6 owner come frm d same workshop whr i do my car......n it's d regulars der who heard him saying so..he purposely whack till dat rpm range just coz it's fun n his chipped ECU allows him 2 do so.......but since his engine is relatively stock,only w d usual IHE mods...der's really no point to go even 9000rpm..wat more 10,000rpm?
ok,fine..i agree w ur point abt testing d limits of one's car on track..but haf u seen d video?he drove all d way frm T5 whr his car was already spewing lotsa white smoke all thru T7&8 b4 d video ended...so i dun really know how far he drove...but dat is really a "DON'T" if u ask me....
conclusion: stop your car as soon as possible on the side (preferable a safe place) if its start smoking and wait for the marshal.

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
I think generally most drivers are quite considerate and respectful. Sometimes ppl don't understand the finger out the window asking them to pass me but that's ok. I just slow down and / or go off the line.

My personal pet peeve is those POSERs who park their AWESOME rides in the pits but never go out. What gives? Living out your FnF fantasies? Pathetic. Go and park outside Euphoria or something la.

Have to say though, SG drivers are as a whole a lot more courteous than M'sian ones.

SnooPDoGGY

1,500 RPM
Mar 23, 2005
TwoForties
Visit site
Dont Floor ur gas pedal from pit to track entrance...

come on man... floor ur pedal inside the track la... not inside pit lane...

miahahahahahahahhahahaha...

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
"My personal pet peeve is those POSERs who park their AWESOME rides in the pits but never go out. What gives? Living out your FnF fantasies? Pathetic. Go and park outside Euphoria or something la" --- wkwoo69.

Agree w/ u on this.... but who let them into the pit parking area in the 1st place???

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
Dont Floor ur gas pedal from pit to track entrance...

come on man... floor ur pedal inside the track la... not inside pit lane...

miahahahahahahahhahahaha...
EXACTLY....n also revving til d kingdom comes in d pit itself!sum1 was doin it during d 29th Nov track day....really pissed off alot of ppl..n served him right.heard he din even manage 2 make it onto d track..engine blew....

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Track cars....please be considerate/mindful to the road cars, yes....most of us are slower than you & yes....most of us dont have as much experience as you...but we're all sharing the track
...theres no 1st place on track days......we love our cars, please don't hentam us....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna ask a question...

Would there be any difference if driving experiences if I changed my latest honda civic 1.8 ..16 inch wheels to a 17inch wheel? Would it be the same as the 2.0 litre model?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience