Any tips on prevent stalling?

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
last time my r33 had a triple-plate.... soooo many damn times i stalled...

nowadays, i would simply not bother...there are nice clutches that can take big power...no need to suffer anymore.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
NNB....let me try driving your car lah. See if my big hams and quads can handle a twin plate. :)
^_^ I worry u'll upset bout my car because mine not monster like pimpim's car. hehehe :-)

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

this reminds me of when i first collected my car. i stalled 5 times trying to get out of the ex-owner's car park that has a slope. a girl who walked pass oso laughed at me... :banghead:

as you are still new to your car, give it more throttle. don't worry about it being noisy first. its better for people to curse you thinking you are showing off rather than stalling and everyone laughs at you. give it a few cars length before you stat driving so you have enough room in case your car shoots forward. after awhile, you will know just how much throttle you need. happy driving and congrats on getting a great car... :driver:
Thanks bro, I will slowly try what u said. Your situation same as mine, I stall 3 times my dad stall 2 times, both of us scare to drive and end up request the car dealer help us drive back home. Hahahha~

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

NeniNeniBoBo, nope I didn't. I learned to live with it. Hahahaha
Geng.....

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

last time my r33 had a triple-plate.... soooo many damn times i stalled...

nowadays, i would simply not bother...there are nice clutches that can take big power...no need to suffer anymore.
You more geng.....

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
all racing clutches i know of allows "half clutch" gear engagement. with a little practice you'd be doing great... there is no need to press the clutch pedal all the way to the floor.. (thats only for stock clutch). you can try out the 1st gear la... if you press the clutch say 50% try engage 1st gear.. slowly la.. if no crunching sound and your gear masuk edi that means ok edi lor.. if got crunching try pulak 60% clutch pedal.. you car will move as soon as you move 1mm off the clutch pedal... thats why we use racing clutches la... not for show off but for superior bite and launch.

you should try down-shifting during 4-5k rpm... a loud bang would be heard when the "evil twin plates" bite your flywheel.. this is normal though.. hehehe. how i wish there is a twin plate clutch for my junk... sigh

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
all racing clutches i know of allows "half clutch" gear engagement. with a little practice you'd be doing great... there is no need to press the clutch pedal all the way to the floor.. (thats only for stock clutch). you can try out the 1st gear la... if you press the clutch say 50% try engage 1st gear.. slowly la.. if no crunching sound and your gear masuk edi that means ok edi lor.. if got crunching try pulak 60% clutch pedal.. you car will move as soon as you move 1mm off the clutch pedal... thats why we use racing clutches la... not for show off but for superior bite and launch.

you should try down-shifting during 4-5k rpm... a loud bang would be heard when the "evil twin plates" bite your flywheel.. this is normal though.. hehehe. how i wish there is a twin plate clutch for my junk... sigh
I wonder how triple-plate sound like.

dean_nojum

Sep 6, 2009
johor
[

Thanks bro, I will slowly try what u said. Your situation same as mine, I stall 3 times my dad stall 2 times, both of us scare to drive and end up request the car dealer help us drive back home. Hahahha~

hahaha..relax bro..gues evryone experience d sam thn lik u..u got fren her..im stil learnin oso..u can try pump d throtle whn release d clutch..hehe

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Just now i have try to give more throttle and slow release the clutch, no stall but the feeling not so good.... I had noticed some thing, i don't know whether is correct or wrong, I found out that for twin clutch, when slowly release, once reach the friction point, the car will have some tiny response, then release little bit more is enuf, until the car is rolling then only slowly full release. Can't release more or else will stall. For me, to master the twin clutch is only catch between "friction point" and "few mm above friction point", is hard me to catch it.... (correct me if i'm wrong)

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
I don't know I'm correct or not, must correct me if i'm wrong bro....

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
My HKS Twins Plate is like an ON / OFF switch. You just hv to learn the pick-up point and once the pedal is release just let the car trickle by itself. Don't try to modulate like a normal clutch when going uphill, use your handbrake cos they are your bestfriend now...

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
i remember i practiced driving my car around my housing area because the roads are narrow and its mostly 1st or 2nd gear. after awhile, i'm comfortable with the clutch release and throttle control ady... but now still got problem if stuck in jam lar... leg will get numb after awhile from working the clutch. i usually wait for 2 to 3 cars lengths before i move so there's plenty of space for me to brake in case my car shoot forward... :rofl:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
I personal feel that use the handbrake to sense the "point" will be more easy....... But if stuck in traffic, u'll be busy playing ur hand with the handbrake.....

rainbow

Known Member
Mar 9, 2009
no offence, i first time try semperfi car, his car with twin plate clutch too, but i didnt feel too hard, just feel stress driving friend's car. nenibobo bro, slowly, u can do it. trust urself. ^_^

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
Like I said... I installed the clutch pump. And everything was a breeze after that. The first time I drove without one after installing my twin plate, my car stalled the first time I drove it. If you are a fast learner, you will learn when to release and add more throttle.

Good post rainbow.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Just now go train again, don't know why everytime come to junction, I will stall..... I try to give more gas and release, it still stall. If I keep on like this, I can't able to join TT liao......

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

no offence, i first time try semperfi car, his car with twin plate clutch too, but i didnt feel too hard, just feel stress driving friend's car. nenibobo bro, slowly, u can do it. trust urself. ^_^
Bro, how can you drive so smooth........ admire you guys la. Any steps? Hopefully can learn from step by step....

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Like I said... I installed the clutch pump. And everything was a breeze after that. The first time I drove without one after installing my twin plate, my car stalled the first time I drove it. If you are a fast learner, you will learn when to release and add more throttle.

Good post rainbow.
semperfi, I tot after install the pump will only make your clutch lighter. Will it expand the "room of friction point"?