Slip light keep blinking ( r34 GTT)

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
hi all,
i have a r34 gtt converted to manual...sometimes on the highway after say 120kmh like that the slip lights start blinking and its seems to be like fuel cut (loss in power0 what's up with that?

Innocente

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
TCS going haywire. As far as I know, after conversion, the TCS will not work properly anymore. The TCS/ABS control on autos has different wiring connections compared to the manual. Disable the TCS altogether.

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Definitely TCS issue. When the system detects slip it will give signal to TCS to work. check the wirings.

Innocente

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
Checking wiring connections would be a good place to start. Auto/Manual ECU wiring are different.

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
my friend converted from auto to manual earlier. he told me that his traction control does not work anymore. but then again, he does not use the oem compbox anumore

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
my friend converted from auto to manual earlier. he told me that his traction control does not work anymore. but then again, he does not use the oem compbox anumore
yeah probably the TCS...so need to recheck ECU wiring i guess...any workshop recommendation?

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
bro atermizi ...

another possibility is ur clutch is in bad bad shape

was the tcs light blinking when u are on a sudden accelerating/decelerating? ... then u feel that there is no power say for few seconds and the power start to kick in again after that? ... if yes, ur clutch is slipping

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
ok guys i sending the car to the workshop..shit man the previous conversion was an rb20 gearbox!

wai88

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
seremban
the blinking of slip light mean the tyre are on slip, then the TCS system will work something like spark system down or fuel cut to prevent lost control, can try to check the TCS sensor..

the rb20 gearbox cant match with rb25 la, power will be lost due to rb20 gearbox ratio, better change it.

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
yeah im change it, actually acceleration is up due to closer ratios hehe. bt F/C goes like crazy..120 kmh already 3.5k rpm.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the echoes of Bernie Ecclestone's comments that Formula One is not for sale reverberates in the halls of motorsports, the Telegraph in the UK is reporting that Rupert Murdoch's News Corp may be looking into taking over the pinnacle of motorsports. According to the paper, Mexican telco billionaire Carlos Slim is also getting in on the action...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience