called him
lucky not yet order yet
i pass him my license for him to try first
tuner license and end user license is same software
just tuner license can record more ECU while enduser only 5 ECU

rainbow

Known Member
Mar 9, 2009
is it possible to take off the power fc and send to oversea ask them for tune, then send back to us again?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
is it possible to take off the power fc and send to oversea ask them for tune, then send back to us again?
In theory anythings possible. :biggrin:

But consider the fact that a tuned ECU is done specifically for a particular car, to maximize the full potential of the cars setup. Meaning that it should be tuned according to that particular car cause everyone has different supporting mods, upgrades, etc.

Consider also the different climates or temperatures or humidity or elevation etc which plays a huge part as well. Don't forget the fact that everyone has different goals - not everyone wants the highest horsepower possible.

In short, if you have a PowerFC in your GTR then all thats left is finding a tuner who can deliver what you want. If you can afford to fly in a big name tuner then by all means go ahead. Make sure the tuner is on the same page and that you have all the supporting mods. Oh make sure your car is in good running condition before getting anything tuned, leaks, etc.:driver:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Aiyah Eric, told you many times already and you still ask back the same question again and again! What Pimpin told you are the same what Semperfi and others had told you before lah....what you have right now is what they called based map and only fine tuning is needed now. Even you sent your ECU to Japan, they only can re-install the a better based map for you and your car might not run perfectly to it,due to our "quality" fuel, air pressure, and etc... Now you still blur or clear already?:confused::confused::confused:

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
Using the base map is just to start your car and check whether all the sensors or cold starting idles right. After tuning it myself, comparing the base map and what i hv changed is like heaven & earth. There is no one map that fits all and no tuner will tune the same. Set your HP target goal and know your supporting mods to get there. Don't upped d boost using the base map, ur sure to get knocks everywhere. Start doing some research in the SAU forums, they have a good write-up on the PFC. What we say to you might make you confuse so do a lot of reading up. Hope you get a better understanding on tuning which you can then work together with the tuner. Cheers!

rainbow

Known Member
Mar 9, 2009
s tune, driftmeister, don worry. i m clear.
i cannot get a good tuner compare with u guys, becoz i don hav that much cash.

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
me too that's why i resort to learning the stuff myself, it is very costly to do a retune whenever you change your mods. At least there is no one to blame if you blow your own engine...keke

rainbow

Known Member
Mar 9, 2009
drift, u tune by urself? wow, nice...haha, yeah, no one to blame, haha. change one things, tune one time, huh, better buy many things first, then satu kali install, then tune...lol, but now even parts also no cash to buy...zzz...

Last edited:

kenthew

May 4, 2009
Just some random information, Mr. Jun Furukawa who was previously based in A'PEXi, A.P Engineering and participation in development of the Apexi Power FC, will be coming over to ST Wangan end of this month. Apparently he has many years of tuning experience in Japan tuning race cars and is an expert in ECU tuning. :biggrin:
Anyway i m looking for jp tuner to tune PFC too... Any idea who to contact or is Mr Jun Furukawa been here to ST Wangan Sunway? Need some guide here...

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
He was supposed to come down end of last month but apparently he's coming down mid of this month. Ask Kenneth from ST Wangan to be sure.

rainbow

Known Member
Mar 9, 2009
i insist.....
satigue, why? u didnt heard people say my car is blown engine before? i saw mudah there, hav a stock gtr, unreg, i think u can go take a look, bro. cheap price also. better choice.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

He was supposed to come down end of last month but apparently he's coming down mid of this month. Ask Kenneth from ST Wangan to be sure.
does he go any oversea place for tune car?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Re: Random Exotics Pics 2

This is the second GT3 RS 4.0 to be sighted in KL. One of the 2 of 5 units that will ever come to Malaysia officially, at least until the rest get their hands on the grey imports, which is a battle in itself as all 600 has been snapped up, and for the current buyers (who are all smiling ear to ear) to part with their 4.0 RS, it's not going to be easy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience