Skyline owners, roll call!

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL

• HKS Zero-R (modified BNR32) - In 1989, HKS' debuted its complete concept tuning car, the Zero-R which was based on the R32 Skyline GT-R. Only a limited handful were made worldwide featuring an HKS Tuned RB26 engine powered by a single TA45S turbine. Power output at the time was over 450PS. The exterior was complemented by an original body kit, Technomagnesio wheels and 4 pot AP brakes. In 2005, HKS' revived the Zero-R as a limited production complete car outputting 650PS.

the 'resurrected' car has the same wheels as in your pic, so i suspect thats the '05 model

Tomiya Takato

Known Member
May 29, 2009
Jalan Potholes.
KUALA LUMPUR: The Government has agreed to pull back the introduction of an “end of life” policy for vehicles after taking into account views and feedback from the people.

Since the announcement of the plan, the Government has been receiving many complaints from the people who were generally not agreeable to the mandatory annual comprehensive inspection as a requirement for road tax renewal for vehicles aged 15 years or older, a statement from the International Trade and Industry Ministry said Friday.

On Oct 28, the ministry had announced the new National Automotive Policy (NAP) which included the “Vehicle End Of Life Policy” which would have seen the introduction of a mandatory annual check-up of cars 15-years and above as a requirement for road tax renewal. -- Bernama

Via: Govt scraps plan for mandatory vehicle checks

(Ahem, to owner of the Zero-R Please keep back your gem xD) :rofl:

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
look at the paint, anybody can guess its the first batch of the zero-R. Only 4 of them are being sold. HKS actually produced 10 of it in year 91 but to further exagerrate its exclusiveness, 4 of them are only being "openly" announced(mainly because most of it couldn't pass strict japanese legislastion to get road homologation as it was too expensive to build)

The 6 of it because HKS do not openly disclose it, nobody knows where it is. The 4 being sold are(from eye witnesses, close association and owner accounts):

1)to a wealthy middle east sheikh
2)to a very prominent figure in jpn
3)malaysian
4)a normal woman in brunei.

Everything is as original as it is on this car, a surviving masterpiece and should easilly cost more than 300k at today's exclusiveness and rarity. However, it will be hard to sell i reckon as you need hard cash for it. A true gem for collector and depending on how NAP fares out next year, this car might be available for true enthusiast on the market very soon. Owner will not sell to tom-dick-harry, priority given to car shops who wants the car on display.
a normal woman? huh..

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
a normal woman? huh..
local bruneian woman, of no royalty nor special status... just another citizen like you and me

she then sold the car to some dude and the car saw some action and now its just sitting around rusting and collecting dust... all this info i got from some bruneian car blog/forum... google is man's best friend

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
from the looks of it, that does look like a "resurrected" zero-r but either way it is still a zero-r anyway and hopefully it doesn't go up for sale with the NAP.

the brunei case, the car was later acquired by a bruneian track race superstar. The car was sent for some repair but due to unforseen circumstances the car has been in the repair for quite a while. It has since collected rust and the car is very close to a non-working chasis, eventually decomposing to crap metals.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
from the looks of it, that does look like a "resurrected" zero-r but either way it is still a zero-r anyway and hopefully it doesn't go up for sale with the NAP.

the brunei case, the car was later acquired by a bruneian track race superstar. The car was sent for some repair but due to unforseen circumstances the car has been in the repair for quite a while. It has since collected rust and the car is very close to a non-working chasis, eventually decomposing to crap metals.
i prefer the 'resurrected' 2005 version, it has a lot more goodies and more HP

the original one had only 450ps (back then that was like 600hp now)

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
a lil` bit out of topic but do anybody know what's the running market price for pristine 1 owner modded r32 gtrand r33 gtr these days?Just a rough estimation will do.Most of the ones i saw for sale im not sure `bout the condition, probably 3-4 owner already and im sure not as much mods as the 'pristine' one mentioned.

and what is the running price for the original zero-R version in malaysia if anyone knows what it is at all.
If I didn't know any better I'd say that cosmicgate wants to sell his R32 and R33 and get the Zero-R :driver:

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
farizio:i still prefer the 1st gen!!!!

pimpin:you think too much :biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Apparently Hypertune magazine have just done a photoshoot for this car in Brunei to be featured in future issue.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
local bruneian woman, of no royalty nor special status... just another citizen like you and me

she then sold the car to some dude and the car saw some action and now its just sitting around rusting and collecting dust... all this info i got from some bruneian car blog/forum... google is man's best friend
aiseh..wonder if he realizes the car he has now is one of the most exclusive HKS ever produced..

[PIMPIN];3989853 said:
Apparently Hypertune magazine have just done a photoshoot for this car in Brunei to be featured in future issue.
will definitely stay tune for that..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im running on a daihatsu L9 3 piston 660cc.. With a RHF4.. Any suggestion wat type/brand of fuel regulator n fuel pump should i use? Btw, im a newbie.. ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience