VDC or TCS?

gomez

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
anyone with a version T when press the TCS button, it says "VDC off"? shudnt it say TCS off?

does anyone know where i can get the manual car for the car btw? thx!

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
its correct, dont worry. hahaha. you can check for the manual at 350z tech, just type that in google and click on the first link. you will be able to download a pdf file.

Lord1700

Known Member
Oct 31, 2008
Damansara
www.ringgitbay.com
Lord,TCS for wat???
VDC = vehicle dynamic control

TCS = traction control system

both function almost d same...TCS use in auto Z..n VDC use in manual Z..

it will disable ur acceleration when it comes to uneven or slippery road..this is to prevent ur car from oversteer or spinning. pls remember dat our Z is rear wheel drive. :driver:

gomez

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
VDC = vehicle dynamic control

TCS = traction control system

both function almost d same...TCS use in auto Z..n VDC use in manual Z..

it will disable ur acceleration when it comes to uneven or slippery road..this is to prevent ur car from oversteer or spinning. pls remember dat our Z is rear wheel drive. :driver:
err my Z is manual..got TCS.. :s

TamanLinkin

Known Member
Jun 7, 2009
thread makes me lulz...

VDC and TCS both have the same function. they cut the engine power when they detect the car lost its traction. but VDC comes with a bit of extra, its also control the brakes. when its detects the car rear starts to oversteer, its apply a lil bit of brakes. the VDC brakes "yaw sensor" located under ur handbrakes if u wanna disable it. TCS comes with lower end models while VDC comes with higher specs model, be it manual or auto.

From howstuffworks :

Vehicle Dynamics Control
VDC enhanced vehicle stability and improved performance in emergency avoidance maneuvers regardless of the road surface or weather conditions. Working with the antilock and traction-control systems, VDC could reduce engine torque or apply individual brakes as necessary to stabilize the car under severe cornering situations.

For example, if the car were understeering in a turn, VDC could reduce throttle and apply the brake to an outside rear wheel to bring it back to the driver's intended path. Or if the car were oversteering, VDC could brake an inside front wheel to correct the potential fishtail and bring the car back into line.

This feature helped make the 350Z more of an all-occasion, all-weather car. With such a technological backstop, the driver could relax and enjoy the performance of the car a bit more.

Nissan engineers tuned the VDC system to provide necessary intervention, as when a tired or stressed driver finds himself on an icy road, but not to interfere with sports-driving fun on a dry road.

gomez

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
thanx bro for the information..this is very helpful :D

Z-Ice

Known Member
Sep 24, 2007
thread makes me lulz...

VDC and TCS both have the same function. they cut the engine power when they detect the car lost its traction. but VDC comes with a bit of extra, its also control the brakes. when its detects the car rear starts to oversteer, its apply a lil bit of brakes. the VDC brakes "yaw sensor" located under ur handbrakes if u wanna disable it. TCS comes with lower end models while VDC comes with higher specs model, be it manual or auto.

From howstuffworks :

Vehicle Dynamics Control
VDC enhanced vehicle stability and improved performance in emergency avoidance maneuvers regardless of the road surface or weather conditions. Working with the antilock and traction-control systems, VDC could reduce engine torque or apply individual brakes as necessary to stabilize the car under severe cornering situations.

For example, if the car were understeering in a turn, VDC could reduce throttle and apply the brake to an outside rear wheel to bring it back to the driver's intended path. Or if the car were oversteering, VDC could brake an inside front wheel to correct the potential fishtail and bring the car back into line.

This feature helped make the 350Z more of an all-occasion, all-weather car. With such a technological backstop, the driver could relax and enjoy the performance of the car a bit more.

Nissan engineers tuned the VDC system to provide necessary intervention, as when a tired or stressed driver finds himself on an icy road, but not to interfere with sports-driving fun on a dry road.

The above is definitely good information to share. Cheers bro.

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
thread makes me lulz...

From howstuffworks :

Vehicle Dynamics Control

good clarification. woohoo.

Lord1700

Known Member
Oct 31, 2008
Damansara
www.ringgitbay.com
thread makes me lulz...

From howstuffworks :

Vehicle Dynamics Control

very detail info...hehehe...good sharing.. :biggrin:

TamanLinkin

Known Member
Jun 7, 2009
glad i could help. now you guys help me, easiest road from ampang point to ori kayu ( or watever the name is lol ). been a while since i go tt :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifu,
Instead of SV4 swap with K20 engine as in my previous mail which is costly and a lot of issues. Has anyone swap with F20B Honda Blue top cover for SV4? H22A is the major modification as far as I know.
What I'm concern most is the wiring for the ECU V-Tec and the dash board meters. I saw this half cut in Ipoh last saturday - Accord CF model. This model is using electric motorised steering rack and the interior dash board are using digital display.
One of the shop owner told me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience