National Automotive Policy 2009 Review Results

pahlawanmimpi

Known Member
Feb 22, 2006
even for programs such as "Pimp my Ride" and overhauling, they took their spare parts from the halfcut shop!! why the G wanna to stop it?? even the Americans had their halfcut stores and still going strong...

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
since the car is not safe why our GOV & transport minister still allow the auto maker to sell the car for public use...

is our safety not important...
for PPL that work in the factory sure notice 1 things... safety come 1st or utamakan keselamatan diri

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
since the car is not safe why our GOV & transport minister still allow the auto maker to sell the car for public use...

is our safety not important...
for PPL that work in the factory sure notice 1 things... safety come 1st or utamakan keselamatan diri

u know...your comment made me start to think...third party reviewers already saying some of our cars not safe...how come still can sell? how come they can say for sure 15year older cars confirmed unsafe when the still being sold waja is already proven to fail at 60kmh crash test? i believe any 15 year old BMW can pass with better scores IF maintained properly WHICH requires easy access to GOOD spareparts.

my bro has an 86 E28 which is still used as a daily driver and fortnightly driven between kl n mlk and since i also used it back when i was still in college...driving back n forth from mlk to nilai...i can say even for a 20+ year old car...the ride quality still WWAAAAY better than any local cars. even better than my 17year old civic.waja vs e28? no challenge...and it only costs 8k to buy cash....then all u need to do is find the spareparts n restore back. a very worthwile restoration project...i miss that car.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
G already said they need money for country development, so now they squeeze out money from everywhere, from NAP, from tax imposted on credit card and a lot more... G leader even said please dun protest abt all these policy, if no money how to develop...

Very disappointed indeed... the problem doesn't lies with how much money that you sucked out, is how you spend... if every cent spent wisely then ok lah, but look at the annual audit report...sigh...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
G already said they need money for country development, so now they squeeze out money from everywhere, from NAP, from tax imposted on credit card and a lot more... G leader even said please dun protest abt all these policy, if no money how to develop...

Very disappointed indeed... the problem doesn't lies with how much money that you sucked out, is how you spend... if every cent spent wisely then ok lah, but look at the annual audit report...sigh...
...soon fuel will also be less subsidised. most prolly ron97 wont be subsidised at all instead taxed to cover subsidies for ron95. diesel will cost more since going to upgrade to euro 4m standard....got good diesel...but no cheap diesel cars?? decisions made by gomen really dun make sense.

is true they suck hell of a lot from us...but wierd is dont see much being given back which means either masuk kocek sendiri or...i cant think of any other reason!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Our petroleum will going end of life soon...
Are they worry about this???
They are spanding too much in incorrect way / place.
Then today said need money for country development.

Someone can help us?

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
guys....after a wk of frus and complaints...i beginning to stare hard into the possible future, I think jz get ready to ride a bike for wkdays work travelling, no more choices liao....anyways they r the gov, if the gov wans this tough rule to go through, wat can we all do ? vote opposition ? i wish its dat easy....

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wonder how the demonstration went at sec13 shah alam tesco extra...hoped they made an impression...so far no news showing the demo yet. if i were living in kl i would've been there...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
If they want to implement their NAP then a reference timeframe will have to be within the 2+ years that remains before the next elections.

I find it hard to believe that the G are actually able to believe they can pull this off without losing more votes and further alienating an already discontented population.

'End of Life' car policy just like Singapore and developed countries ??

'Developed country' we are not. We don't even have comparable disposable income. The majority of folks pay for their cars via HP and no one likes the idea of working to pay off their car over many years, only to find Pusapakom holding a gun over people's chances to retain the use of their cars.

And let's not bullsh1t ourselves about needing to do it because Singapore is doing it. Singapore is a pinprick of an island with not enough room to pee (figuratively speaking). The circumstances and their demographics means they have no choice but to implement something of this nature because obviously they cannot afford to have too many cars on their little island.

There is no reason why we should be saddled with the same sort of burdens as our Singaporean counterparts because, quite frankly, I don't envy the crap Singaporeans have to put up with in terms of private car ownership.

Obviously I don't buy into this idea that they are doing it purely for safety. You want to point an accusing finger at us consumers, you would do better by first pointing the (middle) finger at the local manufacturers churning out cars of questionable quality and forcing it onto a captive Malaysian market at bloated prices.

To the cynical amongst us, it's just another ploy to jumpstart a stagnant domestic market and to, once again, prop up companies like Proton. And now they want the whole cake as well by putting a ban on imports of 2nd hand accesories/parts.

Just make sure you know who to vote come the next elections

Last edited:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I'm in total agreement with FVel, but then again Malaysians are always in some sort of quagmire/catch22. If we use our votes to battle the current powers that be, and should another party have the opportunity to take over, would we be privy to more lenient laws, or will a nicer form of the same result occur - more cronyism.

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
Fvel, I agree with you. And i believes a lot of our malaysia brother... also agree with this. In the past, we love this little proton baby. We helped it to grew. Having issues on earlier stage, we forgive this little child. Because it is still new in this line.

And today? This little child has gone into nightmares... it is trying to execute and erase it's past and take over control of the entire markets. If today, a proton car can last like imported car model. We would have been like KOREAN countries. Who loved all of their own country products and boikot against other countries product.

But what does a proton gives you? CHEAP? issit really cheap? realiability? It nevers gets better than before... Events! HALL OF FAME?!?! Even they dare to sell a FULL SPECS with betters ingredients of proton model to overseas... and leaving SHITTY models for us!! FOR US!!! ANAK MALAYSIAN!!! MALAYSIAN citizen to own it.

What sort of bullshit is this... Japanese leave their best manufacturer model, their secrets and most valuable assest inside their countries... With highest grades... And they never let those special parts leaked out.

And has it been THIS YEAR ONLY! we heard our government wanted to copy something from a country?? Why is this Govern can be turned into a so MONEY Hungry monster today. Aren't they are humans too.. Arent they were SAME LIKE US before?!!!

BAGAIKAN KACANG MELUPAKAN KULIT!!!

ALL BECAUSE OF US!! US!!! ANAK MALAYSIA!!! WARGANEGARA MALAYSIA!! RAKYAT MALAYSIA!!! BARU ADA MEREKA YANG BERADA DI ATAS SANA... JIKALAU KITA YANG MEMBINA KERAJAAN INI!! BAH KATA!! KITA JUGA YANG BOLEH MENBINASAKAN KERAJAAN INI!!!

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
Fvel, I agree with you. And i believes a lot of our malaysia brother... also agree with this. In the past, we love this little proton baby. We helped it to grew. Having issues on earlier stage, we forgive this little child. Because it is still new in this line.

And today? This little child has gone into nightmares... it is trying to execute and erase it's past and take over control of the entire markets. If today, a proton car can last like imported car model. We would have been like KOREAN countries. Who loved all of their own country products and boikot against other countries product.

But what does a proton gives you? CHEAP? issit really cheap? realiability? It nevers gets better than before... Events! HALL OF FAME?!?! Even they dare to sell a FULL SPECS with betters ingredients of proton model to overseas... and leaving SHITTY models for us!! FOR US!!! ANAK MALAYSIAN!!! MALAYSIAN citizen to own it.

What sort of bullshit is this... Japanese leave their best manufacturer model, their secrets and most valuable assest inside their countries... With highest grades... And they never let those special parts leaked out.

And has it been THIS YEAR ONLY! we heard our government wanted to copy something from a country?? Why is this Govern can be turned into a so MONEY Hungry monster today. Aren't they are humans too.. Arent they were SAME LIKE US before?!!!

ALL BECAUSE OF US!! US!!! ANAK MALAYSIA!!! WARGANEGARA MALAYSIA!! RAKYAT MALAYSIA!!! BARU ADA MEREKA YANG BERADA DI ATAS SANA... JIKALAU KITA YANG MEMBINA KERAJAAN INI!! BAH KATA!! KITA JUGA YANG BOLEH MENBINASAKAN KERAJAAN INI!!!
THIS :top:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand

BRAVO!!!!!!:top::top:

exactly what i think. when proton first came out we all supported it without question cos we malaysians love malaysia...now teruk. gomen oso same case. no other gomen has it so ez as ours do...they raise petrol price we complain but still buy...and still vote for them. they forgetting power is with us. any of you watched V for Vendetta? its not the people who should fear the governments but the government who should fear the people...heheh but i think our gomen no such fear...have ISA. anything considered sedition or defamation or inciting riots will immediately masuk unknown location lokap n MIA for the next 20 years.

Mugenz

Known Member
Dec 19, 2003
just read the news.. the govt has scraps the plan for 15yrs vehicles inspection after getting too many people 'feedback'..haha.. what a good news!! it's even more happy if they scraps the plan for stopping us to import of used spare part.. come come come make more pressure to the govt.. :D

---------------------------------------------------
Govt scraps plan for mandatory vehicle checks

Govt scraps plan for mandatory vehicle checks

KUALA LUMPUR: The Government has agreed to pull back the introduction of an “end of life” policy for vehicles after taking into account views and feedback from the people.

Since the announcement of the plan, the Government has been receiving many complaints from the people who were generally not agreeable to the mandatory annual comprehensive inspection as a requirement for road tax renewal for vehicles aged 15 years or older, a statement from the International Trade and Industry Ministry said Friday.

On Oct 28, the ministry had announced the new National Automotive Policy (NAP) which included the “Vehicle End Of Life Policy” which would have seen the introduction of a mandatory annual check-up of cars 15-years and above as a requirement for road tax renewal. -- Bernama

---------------------------------------------------

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Merc 200 has covered 370,000 km. Twice overheated b'cos radiator leaked. Engine did not suffer damage and no overhaul until now. I have been a Tufoil user for years already.When it reaches 500,000 km without overhaul, I will say Tufoil is really incredible.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience