engine jerking... b16a

skf

Known Member
May 8, 2005
e-tech : will try that next visit

apex: yes i did. today i tried another tps and map sensor... also same results..

=(

i think i need to go halfcut shopping adi.

yesterday night i test tekan with my friend, 3/4 gear jerk jerk jerk car like no power.. zzz
i also got tis experience , when full throttle , engine will jerk , found out that my halfcut fuel tank already karat :banghead: dirty fuel make my engine jerk
so maybe u also can try to check your fuel tank

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
good advise. something we've all missed out. will get it check this week!

thanks for all the advise/opinions guys.

really helps in my troubleshootin.

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
still got hte prob ka mr arrowhead... i thought u've solve it edi....
long time didn't visit this 0-100......

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
interesting topic.. bro.
im facing a bit different problem now.. but its not when the car running. its when cold start the car.. its jerk and off itself.. need to hit accelerate when start. engine light come on if i start like that... giving code 9 and 15. = ="

so i suspect distributor..
change distributor.. result cannot.. change another one again.. oso same. after change got Reset ecu by remove battery cable oso..

the problem appear since ron95.. but once i got this problem.. i oledi change back to ron97. result still same.. haiz..

got any suggestion?
sry ah.. borrow ur topic.. i see a bit kind of similiar..

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
If you got spare ECU just give it a try-swap..
See DIY section for more info.....this could happen to your ecu too...
Leaky caps that damages anything near it...

For Ron 95... jerking.... had that too, but during drive only especially after releae throttle time...That will be my first and last time on ron 95 (Shell ran out of 97 and V-pakwe)

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
My car runs fine on ron95. Just that everyones opinion on ron97 made me continue using it. But honestly, ron95 didn't give me problems at all.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
For mine, no choice cause I'm running with quite high C.R.
And since it is a weekend car, let it drink v-pwr lor...
So how's the progress in "hospital"....let's hope it is something simple...
"Baby" sick...:call2:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Not baby.. Wife.. Haha. Under the knife as we speak. I haven't follow up. Concentrating on my day job :(

RS@RapeSaints

Known Member
Dec 28, 2005
aiks.. my eg9 gave a big headache in this morning. while i was on the way to work, i stop at a petrol station to fill in the petrol, normal lar.. ron95. after fill up the petrol and try to stary my car.. the real pain comes up. try to start a couple of time... the whole engine was jerking and nearly fall of from my car. then i notice each time i try to start, the check engine indicator blnks once. after trying more than 10 times... it finaly works. shit man.. was late for work.

durinng lunch time when i start my car again it gave me the same bloody problems! ai yoooo... really headache in the hot sun. it still needs to start a couple of time. then i send it straight to my normal workshop, my mechanic is just a normal fella only lar.. not those pro vtec kaki. he check and told me the starter relay chip board got problem. he change it for me then i ask him why the check engine blinks one time? he said no idea.. alamak! any advice bro?:banghead:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
after he change the relay, does the CEL still blink? and was ur problem solved?

RS@RapeSaints

Known Member
Dec 28, 2005
so far haven't fully tested yet, but the CED didn't blink anymore. shat is the signal for when it blink 1 time?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Do not WORRY...
Starter signal/Fuel pump relay signals all goes back to the ECU..
So if got problem it indirectly feedback or leak to CEL... that not CEL code blink..

FYI ,Blinking for CEL code- need to short the Service connector

What you want to know...YES has relation. TQ

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Arrowhead...
How's ur "wife"?
I want to know....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
e-tech : still in the workshop. i left it there for maybe 1 week for my mech to drive/troubleshoot/rectify/rape the car...

better with him than i keep at home complaining about the jerking..

but he updated me, he said its most likely fuel related cuz he diagnosed with an afr, and when it jerks, fuel wasn't enough.. oh well. god bless!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things might be top of the stakes for their production cars with the 1M Coupe on the way as well as the brand new F10 M5 but on the circuit it’s a bleak affair for BMW, having broken many hearts by leaving the Formula One circuit at the end of last season. The trend continues as they have just announced that they’re pulling out their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience