Perdana V6 Community Forum *

tiggerkia

Oct 1, 2009
Selangor
All Perdana's Owner,

Good day to all, I need help on Perdana's gearbox issue. I just got a Perdana and need advice on how to maintain and taking care of it? Any reccommendation on what transmition fluid to use? or any saditive to add in it?? Does the gearbox cooler fan really HELPS???? Thanks n advance to all......

TT Session sometimes?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro, for your auto gbox,
1.use toyota type IV ATF
2.use ATF cooler, if better got fan attached infront of it.
3.change ATF every 10k-12kkm
4.do not flush your gbox as it will damage your internal gbox parts.
5.heat up your engine for 2-4 mins, let your ATF heat up in the morning.

if manual on v6 n/a
1.use mineral based MTF, change every 7-8k km
2.if semi, 8-12k km
3.if fully syn 13-18k km

if manual on v6tt
1.mineral 4-5k km
2.semi - 6-7k km
3.fully syn 10-15k km

tiggerkia

Oct 1, 2009
Selangor
Hey bro,

I'am driving the first batch of V6 that i have converted to alpha lift. Auto transmition.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

bro tiggerkia, perhaps you could furnish some details as to the model Perdana you're driving, i.e. sei, v6 or enhanced? auto or manual?
bro, for your auto gbox,
1.use toyota type IV ATF
2.use ATF cooler, if better got fan attached infront of it.
3.change ATF every 10k-12kkm
4.do not flush your gbox as it will damage your internal gbox parts.
5.heat up your engine for 2-4 mins, let your ATF heat up in the morning.
Hey bro,

For the ATF cooler, toyota?? someone feedback me that volvo is better.... i'm not sure and i'm open to all suggestion bro.
For the transmition, i've brought Motul Dexron III and getting ready to drain all the existing oil and replacing it. It that ok?

Thanks a million bro.... !!!!!!!!!! :driver::driver::driver::driver:

rikef

Oct 21, 2008
Anyone ever heard about Perdana using engine VR4 2000 (twin turbo) then they convert the twin turbo using 1 turbo only..

harrycath

Known Member
May 1, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
primeperdanaclub.com
Hey bro,

I'am driving the first batch of V6 that i have converted to alpha lift. Auto transmition.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Hey bro,

For the ATF cooler, toyota?? someone feedback me that volvo is better.... i'm not sure and i'm open to all suggestion bro.
For the transmition, i've brought Motul Dexron III and getting ready to drain all the existing oil and replacing it. It that ok?

Thanks a million bro.... !!!!!!!!!! :driver::driver::driver::driver:
bro, my ride's the same with yours (minus the facelift)..i'm using hayden's transmission cooler (chk out the thumbnails below).. RM550 incl labor + 1 yr w'ty for leakages.. cheers!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
tiggerkia,
im not sure bout volvo, but so far, alot of perdana owners uses toyota ATF, it feels better than using proton ATF. u could try motul though how much 1 quart bro? rm60 ka?

rikef, got so many versions of VR4, in the USA they call ETERNA as galant VR4, so are u talking bout eterna v6 twin turbo? yes can be converted to single turbo, but the total costs is almost the same as converting to evo2.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

no matter wat ATF u use, make sure to install ATF cooler.

rikef

Oct 21, 2008
Oic.. My ride still using standard V6 engine but izit worth it if i want to convert into Evo 3 engine? y i see lot of people selling thier perdana after converted into Twin Turbo Engine or Evo Engine? The maintenance too high? or Perdana body quite heavy to feel the G-Force?

tiggerkia

Oct 1, 2009
Selangor
bro, my ride's the same with yours (minus the facelift)..i'm using hayden's transmission cooler (chk out the thumbnails below).. RM550 incl labor + 1 yr w'ty for leakages.. cheers!

Hey bro, thanks for inviting me to your buddy. anyway, RM 550.... hmmph not expensive and not cheap. just wondering should i get the ATF W or W/O fan ??? just curious hehehehehe.

One more thing, my headlamp damn blur, old, yellow and not bright eventhough fix HID 6K :banghead:. Any lubang on headlamps? :smokin:

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

tiggerkia,
im not sure bout volvo, but so far, alot of perdana owners uses toyota ATF, it feels better than using proton ATF. u could try motul though how much 1 quart bro? rm60 ka?

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

[/COLOR]no matter wat ATF u use, make sure to install ATF cooler.
hey bro, thanks for the tips. Anyway i got the motul for rm 55 cause i bought quite lots of things that day :- engne oil, transmition fluid, spark plugs, timing belt, oil seal, spark plug cable, etc.... cost me arm and leg... pokai liao but one time deal in few years so it still ok. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): Hot Car Of The Day For Sale is a citrussy fresh Evo 7 concentrate. Though it isn't packed till the brim with the whole shopping list, it makes up for proper show and go with highlights being Voltex bits, carbon lid, Unichip, Ogura Clutch, Greddy boost gadgets...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience