engine jerking... b16a

arrowhead

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Going to check bro defari. This weekend. By wiring u means the entire set of wiring right? The one that connects ecu to the engine.

D-IV

Known Member

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Just to add up to the MSD comment:

I was advised by my tuner that I shouldn't be using MSD or any blaster coils if i were to use Hondata S300 coz of some signal interference especially on the timing side and something to do with background noise. This was apparent with my friends turbo D-series when he was tuning it. Not sure if others using Hondata S300 has experience this too.

arrowhead

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i shall add on about the MSD coils. when i consult someone.. HAHAHAH. but cheers guys. thanks for the info.

least i know what to expect or rather, what to ask about when inquiring abt MSD coils. don't make me look so "noob"

but on the other side, my car is a JERK lol.

E-Tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
D-Iv,
Friend drag ef running hondata S300 with MSD coil & Dist cap & MSD, no trouble so far.
Did the final setting for him yesterday for this saturday sepang drag, good

MSD- ok mah....

Tuning the Hondata S300

E-tech DIY heat shield intake gasket

Well I write with evidents... TQ
Oh here the picture with the coil at the corner....

Last edited:

D-IV

Known Member

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Tuner was from Singapore from Driven Crazy name Joel. He tunes some a lot of track cars in Malaysia for the Sepang race too.

Well thats what he told me. I guess, my friend was unfortunate to have that issue.

arrowhead

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Ok no repairs done yet but I'm pretty sure I know how to engge the jerking.

2/3 gear. 4-5k rpm. Accel abit then full release then full throttle. Make sure u hit the ground. The car will most likely jerk. About 70% chance.

Haih. Seems to me like it's fuel related. Will get diff opinions from 2-3 famous workshops tmr. Wish me luck.

D-IV

Known Member

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
How come i got a feeling there's something wrong with your fuel regulator :confused:

E-Tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I am wondering now.....is that normal way of driving?
20% throttle then 30% throttle then 0% throttle then 100% thorttle then jerk jerk jerk...
"Knocking" or not when you do that?... oledi adjust distributor?
If fuel related then something is not responding fast enough to compensate the sudden full throttle.... too much/not enough fuel???
Stick a wideband 02 af meter and go for a drive.,, innovate or dynojet- ur pomen hv?

Your injectors and throttle all standard sizes?
O2 sensor running close loop or open loop?
Haiyo...sakit kepala.....
By the way... I manage to "cure" another ecu today....P08 with chip....

D-IV

Known Member

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
It might not be the normal way of driving but depending on gear and rpm, the engine won't jerk if what arrowhead way of driving is as described. But If 4th gear at 1000rpm and full throttle :rofl:the jerking might be fatal :rofl:which ofcourse is a knocking issue and is what we shouldn't be doing anyway haha.

His engine is closed to stock and running on stock ecu. Would a stuck fuel regulator cause this? High vaccuum, fuel regulator valve open to release pressure (or maintain stock pressure at the rails), then sudden 100% throttle, fuel pressure drop (due to stuck fuel regulator) and after a while the pressure goes up again coz the fuel regulator slowly returns back.

It might be possible.

arrowhead

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
its not a normal way to drive, but sometimes we drive like that, like maybe when u rolling start with a friend...

hehehe but either way, the jerk shouldn't be. last night i backside itchy, drag with my friend. at 4th gear, full throttle engine also jerk like no tmr, futhermore, at 1 point, my car felt like no power... (seriously i think its fuel as D-IV mentioned) cuz my car's rpm was stuck at like 5k, even at full throttle, the rpm didn't rise..

no, my foremen dont have innovate or dynojet.. he cheapskate LOLOL!

E-Tech

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
wah, sound like getting more serious.....
If you car got adjustable fuel regulator and the meter then easy to check the pressure lor...
but if do not have hopefully you pomen have the meter so that can temporary hose it to your return fuel line to check the preassure to see the pressure at different rpm...
Or paling senang exchange test fuel regulator with a friend's car to confirm this item first...
Still cannot then tukar half cut ek9 fuel pump...

by the way Vacuum pipe semua okay? Crack ke, bocor ke....:nurse:

apex262

Known Member

apex262

Known Member
Jul 5, 2007
bro, hv u check TPS?.i think someone did mention earlier...
my car was jerking oso past few days..normal cruising 3.5k-4k rpm felt like insufficient fuel
then 2day my mech adjusted the TPS and everything seems normal again..few cars at d wshop oso got d same symptom, n all TPS related..me hwver still need to monitor d car in case it jerking again..good luck

arrowhead

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
e-tech : will try that next visit

apex: yes i did. today i tried another tps and map sensor... also same results..

=(

i think i need to go halfcut shopping adi.

yesterday night i test tekan with my friend, 3/4 gear jerk jerk jerk car like no power.. zzz

D-IV

Known Member

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
:banghead: Stop beating the car. You don't want to spend on buying another engine or fixing a blown engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dudes, my mom's perdana executive also the auto gearbox koyak la.............
spent about 3K plus to buy 2nd hand gearbox but still not cekap la.......
when accelerate from stationary, have to do it very slowly otherwise the gear will jump from 1st gear to 2nd n got load thud sound.........
anyone can give me any advice?
what can we do to get rid of this problem?
we just replaced the shock absorbers n both upper n lower arms on both sides so now only the gearbox is a main...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience