Kuala Lumpur
Hi, my engine is CM5A 4G93t(ck)anyone out there

has anyone got any info / pdf manuals either on car / engine /
tiptronic box,

just purchased a fab car and would like more info / details on it,

also, slight problem on tiptronic box, every 3 to 4 weeks the change
from 2nd to 3rd gets very very jerky, disconnecting the battery seems
to reset everything and then all ok for 3 to 4 weeks and then starts
getting jerky again, any ideas anyone???

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Hi, I replied ur previous post about your car do check it out. Bout your triptonic gearbox did u try using the + and - to change gears ? Also did u purchase this car with the engine already converted ? Or did u purchase this car originally with n/a engine and you convert it yourself ?
The triptonic gearbox problem might occur if ur gear oil haven't been serviced for too long. I encounter this prob on my Lancer MX with this gearbox, went to mitsubishi centre to service and it became like normal. Make sure U check ur gearbox at a reputable workshop as some don't know how to handle a triptonic gearbox.

If ur gear change is normal when u use the manual + and - then prolly it's a small prob but if the gears drop down without reason then probraly u need to check ur gearbox. Worst come to worst u need to source the whole triptonic gearbox last I heard it's around 1.5k.

sunny888

Oct 9, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
starting i tot is gearbox problem too,but when i search about this problem at 1 website,got 1 ppl same problem and teach me disconnecting the battery seems to reset everything and then all is ok ,that no gearbox problem,now i think is ecu problem.

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
starting i tot is gearbox problem too,but when i search about this problem at 1 website,got 1 ppl same problem and teach me disconnecting the battery seems to reset everything and then all is ok ,that no gearbox problem,now i think is ecu problem.
If ecu then why after awhile come back ? Must be sensor or sumthing edi. Ur gearbox oil got change recently ? Sometimes it might b ur gearbox oil dirty or too thick edi.

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Hi, my engine is CM5A 4G93t(ck)anyone out there

has anyone got any info / pdf manuals either on car / engine /
tiptronic box,

just purchased a fab car and would like more info / details on it,

also, slight problem on tiptronic box, every 3 to 4 weeks the change
from 2nd to 3rd gets very very jerky, disconnecting the battery seems
to reset everything and then all ok for 3 to 4 weeks and then starts
getting jerky again, any ideas anyone???
This model very difficult to get CM5A, 1.8turbo with ori 4wd. Great car

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
This model very difficult to get CM5A, 1.8turbo with ori 4wd. Great car
I think he mean he got a CM5A engine in a CK chasis car. If Ori CM5a I know KL got one black colour owner not sellin the car even when being offered high price.