GEN2 Buddies!!!

Aug 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hey buddies,

i'm newbie here. i own a gen-2 and i've been owning the car since 2005. thinking of getting a cold air intake system with open pod to replace my k&n drop in. is there anyshop in KL that sell this or can custom make this with heat shield, air ducting, filter and stuff?

turquoize

Sep 27, 2006
www.myspace.com
Halo2 uols..~ Gen2 owner here..from CJ..:wavey:

Aug 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
why changed to open pod bro?
drop in not gud enuff?
so far i'm pleased with the drop-in. the downside if it is that i have to take off the stabilizer bar everytime i need to get it cleaned with the cleaning kit. i'm afraid that it might wear of the nuts and bolts. haha.

read somewhere that open pod can draw in more air volume with proper COI setup. what do u think bro?

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
so far i'm pleased with the drop-in. the downside if it is that i have to take off the stabilizer bar everytime i need to get it cleaned with the cleaning kit. i'm afraid that it might wear of the nuts and bolts. haha.

read somewhere that open pod can draw in more air volume with proper COI setup. what do u think bro?
yups, that true and make the air sucking volume higher...ssrrootttdd...nyum-nyum...:biggrin::biggrin:
i love to do open pod too, but a bit expensive.
so i just play with drop in...

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
Hi all, my younger brother's 05 Gen2 got a very irritating sound from the bottomside of his engine bay especially when slowly drive on rough road such as kampung road. He checked the absorber mounting and the absorber itself but no problem. One mechanic suggest him to change the absorber link rod as he said that's the common problem for waja and Gen2. He changed it but the sound still occur. Anybody experienced this problem before? Is it engine mounting problem? How much is the price for 1 set(4 pieces) original Proton engine mounting for Gen2? Hope any sifu can help him to solve this problem.

Last edited:

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
holla!!....im also gen 2 owner....striking red color wif black hood...( no money to buy cf hood, so just paint jer laa eheehehe) btw, im frm desa pandan area...;).......

donkey KE

Jul 23, 2008
Hi guys...G2 owner here...Passion Blue. Kepong area.... Zaf how long u been using ur K&N drop in? wanna sell?

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
which area of Kepong donkey KE?
last time im staying that area too...

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

holla!!....im also gen 2 owner....striking red color wif black hood...( no money to buy cf hood, so just paint jer laa eheehehe) btw, im frm desa pandan area...;).......
gen2 with black hood always have a mod inside the engine bay...:biggrin:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Hi Guys,

Soory for jump Q here.
I would like to ask something with Gen 2 as might grab one at next year.
Few questions hope can help.

1) Gen 2 CPS , fuel consumption
2) Spare part cost, compare with Wira.
3) 5 years @ 150k km under Proton service and warranty - How much need to pay for each service?
4) Good sound proof ?
5) Have noise inside ? such those having in Wira previously.
6) Is the clutch heavy? suit for lady drive?
7) Engine / throttle response - hear a complain that wireless throttle make the engine stupid.

Appreacite if Gen 2 Buddies can provide clean info. Thanks a lot.

turquoize

Sep 27, 2006
www.myspace.com
Hi Guys,

Soory for jump Q here.
I would like to ask something with Gen 2 as might grab one at next year.
Few questions hope can help.

1) Gen 2 CPS , fuel consumption
2) Spare part cost, compare with Wira.
3) 5 years @ 150k km under Proton service and warranty - How much need to pay for each service?
4) Good sound proof ?
5) Have noise inside ? such those having in Wira previously.
6) Is the clutch heavy? suit for lady drive?
7) Engine / throttle response - hear a complain that wireless throttle make the engine stupid.

Appreacite if Gen 2 Buddies can provide clean info. Thanks a lot.
CPS should be fine i guess..smooth and fast..fuel consumption depends..
normal cruising should be save compared to some other 1.6...
sound so-so la..u cant expect it to be so silent la kan..? see how u handle ur car la..
clutch is panjang..have to depress deep..
wireless throttle??..haha campro is drive by wire..its not stupid..its a new tech engine bro..so the response takes time a bit..the power doesnt juz pop when u dpress the pedal..but no worry la..got power one..long distance driving syiok aa..:driver:

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
take a visit to a nearest sc..they hve the table n cost figure free 2 view for each service..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm having trouble finding repairs here in California. The brake pads of my LFA needs to be replaced that's why I need to go to a car repair shop as soon as possible.

Please help. :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience