MIVEC V6 Enquries

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
Hey i saw some perdana change their heads into MIVEC but as far as i'm concern the MIVEC V6 intake is at the passenger side not the driver side
but they can put in mivec head but the intake remains the same
- is there any MIVEC v6 with the intake on the driver side ?

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i mean the intake manifold is the problem coz original 6a12 the intake manifold TB is on the drivers side but the mivec version is on the passenger side
so anyone come across on this situation .... or anyone got mivec v6 ?

adnux

Known Member
Sep 23, 2008
Putrajaya
i mean the intake manifold is the problem coz original 6a12 the intake manifold TB is on the drivers side but the mivec version is on the passenger side
so anyone come across on this situation .... or anyone got mivec v6 ?
i'm using v6 mivec, my TB is on driver side, btw bro edwin,i guess ther's two type of v6 mivec, one type TB is on passenger and the other on driver side haha. :itsme:

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

im not sure whether the mivec intake is at the driver side or not,
can use mivec head on normal 6a12 ah? unless u transplant the whole engine can la.
i dun think can la bro, even mivec md head can't fit in normal mivec n vice versa. wiring also bit different.. maybe some sifu cud answer this one, correct me if i'm wrong, LOL..

Last edited:

panjunkz

Known Member
Feb 6, 2009
Ampang
Dear all frens,
Need help where can I find halfcut MIVEC FTO GPX(1995-1996) 197hp... All I can find is 6a12 Mivec v6.. Glad if u guys could help me
Tq:driver:

TopRpm

Known Member
Sep 13, 2007
i thought FTO is using the MIVEC V6 engine...it is not the same arr???

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Hey i saw some perdana change their heads into MIVEC but as far as i'm concern the MIVEC V6 intake is at the passenger side not the driver side
but they can put in mivec head but the intake remains the same
- is there any MIVEC v6 with the intake on the driver side ?
as far as i'm concern..got two type of MIVEC V6 engine, TB on driver and other one is on passenger site..

the FTO MIVEC TB is on passenger site but MIVEC MD TB is on driver site....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Me using Mivec V6 not MD but what I knoe that it falls under 6A12 family just got 1 type only and like Perdana ori V6 engine..
Have a fren using Mivec MD V6 but use back the Ori V6 engine and wiring..
just change the head and Ecu only he claim...

MD(Modulated Displacement) is mean low FC coz only ur car did not move some of the engine injector will off by itself but power wise will loose to Mivec... just what I knoe.. hehe

Changing to twin turbo next week..hehehe

Last edited:

panjunkz

Known Member
Feb 6, 2009
Ampang
Me using Mivec V6 not MD but what I knoe that it falls under 6A12 family just got 1 type only and like Perdana ori V6 engine..

MD(Modulated Displacement) is mean low FC coz only ur car did not move some of the engine injector will off by itself but power wise will loose to Mivec... just what I knoe.. hehe

Caya bro.. How the maintainence/fuel consumption/power pick up in town using the MIVEC V6? Coz I'm planning to install to my car.
But I really looking for GPX( version R) they only produce between 95-96 only. Limited edition FTO. Hp power around 200hp. U watch movie jackie chan( thunderbolt) they use the FTO GPX.
Can cucuk type-r loh.. But difficult to find.. If not get Mivec v6 like u loh.. Can geng.m but stick with n.a

adnux

Known Member
Sep 23, 2008
Putrajaya

2 types bro, v6 mivec and v6 mivec MD..

normal v6 mivec using 2 wires for the solenoid but MD version using 4 wires, modulated displacement good for FC, but power wise will lose to nortmal mivec, just what i know too haha...

wiring also a bit diffrent between both but can change head between them, but might lose some variables, just wht i know, correct me if i'm wrong :) :driver:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
wow mag u changing to 6a12tt also?
y dun wan 4g63?
4G63? me old liao d.. dun want to play those manual staff.. boring.. somemore me stay at Klang.. nowdays traffic sucks... use TT Auto just for fun only..

Caya bro.. How the maintainence/fuel consumption/power pick up in town using the MIVEC V6? Coz I'm planning to install to my car.
But I really looking for GPX( version R) they only produce between 95-96 only. Limited edition FTO. Hp power around 200hp. U watch movie jackie chan( thunderbolt) they use the FTO GPX.
Can cucuk type-r loh.. But difficult to find.. If not get Mivec v6 like u loh.. Can geng.m but stick with n.a
FC depends on how u drive.. normal drive at urban around 22cents / km using Ron 97 and maintain RPM below 2.5k but tell u 1st mine its Auto..:biggrin:
Pick up.. dun expect anything from Auto cars d.. but if u dun care about the life spam on ur valuable Mivec head.. skim it.. u will fell the real power even better than Turbo..

got fren tried b4.. skim MD head pick up better than Mivec and Turbo but the life spam.. hehe

maintain just like normal car lo.. but not as cheap as wira la.... as long as take care dun drive like no tomolo somore turbo cars dun boost too high, mivec and turbo the same.. just maintain it ori will last for long...

Actually My Perdana for weekend use only not for daily use..
Daily using motobike...hehe... L5T Auto...:nurse:

Last edited: