High pass and low pass filter

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
helo,

I lik to know how to set it.. What does it mean high pass and low pass filter...

My player is pioneer... default is at 100 for high pass and low pass is 100 on the player setting ...

So my amp also have this selection... if i wan my amp to push 12 inch subwoofer.. so i should select high pass or low pass filter output or flat???? then wat the range i should set???

Selection on the amp:--
Flat
High pass filter
Low pass filter

Available tune on the amp:--
Low pass for amp range is - 43-270
High pass for amp range is - 25-300

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
thnx for the offer ... i have few fren working in aCC can tune for me.. just i wanna know the basic...

As i don't simply past my car to Acc shop i dun know well.. cos My car was stolen once... Just wanna b safety ..

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
for sub
subsonic - range between 20-28hz
high pass - range between 80-100hz
you dont need low pass for sub

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
helo,

I lik to know how to set it.. What does it mean high pass and low pass filter...

My player is pioneer... default is at 100 for high pass and low pass is 100 on the player setting ...

So my amp also have this selection... if i wan my amp to push 12 inch subwoofer.. so i should select high pass or low pass filter output or flat???? then wat the range i should set???

Selection on the amp:--
Flat
High pass filter
Low pass filter

Available tune on the amp:--
Low pass for amp range is - 43-270
High pass for amp range is - 25-300
high pass filter means, u only let the frequencies above that to be played. if its 100hz, u can only hear 100hz and above

if low pass filter, means exactly opposite lah, if its set at 100hz, then u can only hear 100hz and below

at the moment are u running 2 amps? one for fronts and one for sub? so at the head unit, u have 2 sets of rca preouts, usually front and rear (sometimes front and sub)

its better to just run one set of filters, u can choose either in your HU or use the on on the amp, try the HU one first, set the amp one to flat. try and lower it to the next default number, maybe 80hz, maybe 63hz. set the same frequency for both high pass and low pass, and then play around with it la, see what sounds nice to u.

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
for sub
subsonic - range between 20-28hz
high pass - range between 80-100hz
you dont need low pass for sub

Are you sure???
If you high pass the sub at 80~100Hz, the sub will play all frequencies above these frequencies.
I thought you need low pass settings for sub and the subsonic will act as high pass, no??

babybabybaby

Oct 8, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
[/B]

Are you sure???
If you high pass the sub at 80~100Hz, the sub will play all frequencies above these frequencies.
I thought you need low pass settings for sub and the subsonic will act as high pass, no??
Wow... I'm interested to know that as well. Do we really high pass the sub??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You know you're in for an awesome drive when the manifest states a brand new and yellow 458 Italia, a Scuderia, a couple of GT3 RS old and new, a couple of R8s, both V8s and a handful of F430s just to name a few. This Breakfast drive to Port Dickson is just one of the many social activities organized by Blue Jackets, a relatively new high-end car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience