Balancing & Alignment

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
Tohsan,

the michelin shop @ OKR belongs to your dad? cool.. just a week back i sent my dad's merz for alignment, balancing, nitro refill.. bla bla.. but somehow, after getting back the car.. my dad just ain't all that satisfied about it, he said it's not really properly aligned :unsure: <- any ideas what seems to be the problem?

my dad did say about previous years the job done was much better..

i didn't wait too long or need the que numbers tho.. went there around 2pm and about 2 to 3 cars there.. quite a lot of young guys there tho.. an old man, quite thin did the work on my dad's car..

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Originally posted by Jackie Leong@Dec 14 2004, 00:05
Tohsan,

the michelin shop @ OKR belongs to your dad? cool.. just a week back i sent my dad's merz for alignment, balancing, nitro refill.. bla bla.. but somehow, after getting back the car.. my dad just ain't all that satisfied about it, he said it's not really properly aligned :unsure: <- any ideas what seems to be the problem?

i didn't wait too long or need the que numbers tho.. went there around 2pm and about 2 to 3 cars there.. quite a lot of young guys there tho.. an old man, quite thin did the work on my dad's car..
The only way is to sent the car back and ask them to recheck the problems. Thats all i can say.

Thousand apology for the unsatisfy work, sent it back for recheck ok?

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Tohsan+Dec 14 2004, 12:06 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tohsan @ Dec 14 2004, 12:06 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jackie Leong@Dec 14 2004, 00:05
Tohsan,

The only way is to sent the car back and ask them to recheck the problems. Thats all i can say.

Thousand apology for the unsatisfy work, sent it back for recheck ok? [/b][/quote]
will do if my dad complaint to me again, no problems la.. there's always space for human error ma :)

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Originally posted by extrememech@Dec 14 2004, 13:08
tohsan, ur father is kee hin ah ?? the one at the old klang road there..?
kee hin thats the name of the shopla, old family business, somemore old already ma sure got human error sometime-loh like "low mong tung" :lol: :lol: :lol:

extrememech

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by Tohsan+Dec 14 2004, 17:46 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tohsan @ Dec 14 2004, 17:46 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-extrememech@Dec 14 2004, 13:08
tohsan, ur father is kee hin ah ?? the one at the old klang road there..?
kee hin thats the name of the shopla, old family business, somemore old already ma sure got human error sometime-loh like "low mong tung" :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
so thats ur shop ah ?kee hin tyre ??

Fireball

Apr 9, 2005
Has anyone ever encountered a situation where
alignment to a wheel cannot be done?

Two shops told me the lower arm that holds the wheel
is bent. Yet when I tried another one on, the alignment
still couldn't be done. This problem occuers on my
rear right wheel. Both the lower arms for my car are from
a GSR 4WD. Now it's on my wira. I'm not having any
problems with the left side so compatibility can't be the
issue.

The guy who does my body-work said it could be the
bit that holds the lower arm to the body is bent as the
wheelbase on the right side of my car is half an inch
shorter! And this is also the bit of the body itself closest
to the outer body meaning that it's the most vulnerable
to impact (not that the car has ever had a major accident).

Any ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Nov 23, 2005
hello.
my waja is 3 weeks old & already got this steering vibrate when reaching at 120km/h.
i've done my wheel alignment & balancing at Massaga auto subang.
they charge me as follows:
wheel balancing: RM20
wheel alignment: RM25
Rear camber adjust: 2xRM25 = RM50
On wheel balancing: 2 front tyre x RM10 = RM20
Service tax: RM5.75.
Total: RM120
mula2 dia cabut tyre satu2, & buat balancing.
lepas tu, buat alignment pulak.
the rear camber adjust was advised by the mechanic when he showed me at the computer reading that my rear tyre ada sikit lari dari tayar depan.
if that is not adjusted, chances are my rear tyre will makan sebelah saja & corner pun ada sikit lari. so, i pun agree to adjust it. i tengok, macam takde la susah mana pun, dia main ketat2kan skru je kat shaft belakang.pastu, komputer akan bagitahu dah ok ke belum.huh, itu je dah kena RM50??.
lepas tu, baru dia buat on-wheel balancing.dekat 3-4 kali jugak la dia jack my car-adjust-test drive-jack-adjust-test drive.
after all, i'm very satisfied.no longer vibrating at high speed.corner pun rasa ketat.
so what do u guys feels?.is it worth i'm paying that much?

louismhc

Known Member
Oct 3, 2005
Ho Chi Minh
Hmm....about chamber, those ppl change the original screw to those adjustable one (i think for furniture use) can tahan one?! And i heard some ppl say very hard to fix chamber one ?! Any opinion?!

louismhc

Known Member
Oct 3, 2005
Ho Chi Minh
Tohsan bro,

Rotation of tyres, nitrogen refill, wheel balancing n alignment <-----how much does this cost ?! And please give me full address of urs father's shop.

Thanks in advance :smile:

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
hello every1...
i got a question to asked, recently i change my rear absorber n ball bearing.
then i go test my car on a straight road, when i reaching speed around 80km/h
the steering vibrates n aso the body of the aso vibrate a bit too...
izzit tat i should go for a wheel balancing & alignment? o maybe it could be other problems?
btw i drive a civic ef2.

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Lucian,
My understanding is that whenever you remove your tyres, you must do wheel allignment. It's best to satu kali bikin balancing sekali, simply because we don't remove our tyres that often.

If you decide to do wheel alignment and balancing, go to a shop that is known for it's accuracy. I'm sure there are sifu's here reading this thread that can re-commend a few based on your location. This is because the majority of Tyre shop Ah Sengs out there have got huge shops and sophisticated Machinery, but a questionable level of accuracy. You see, their balancing and allignment machinery is only accurate if calibration is done periodically, which I don't think they do la. You will agree with me when the Ah Sengs say it's done, but ada lari ke tepi jugak.

So make sure you go to a reputable shop, get input on the condition of your tyres and update this thread of your developments....

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
ya i gonna do my alignment & balancing on my fren workshop. hope it reli will solve the vibrate problem. Btw, he charge me for balancing 1 tyre rm10 n alignment rm35. :bawling:

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
lol... the real problem is the rear left tyre. tat tyre 'bengkak' oleady so nid to change a new 1. Total cost is rm185 ==. But, the handling is much better than b4, no more vibration n is smooth.:biggrin:

Tmike09

May 6, 2009
ZTH members residing in jln sungei besi.....if you are heading to KL using besraya highway, just after Razak Mansion flats, the tyre shop known as Ah Hee Motor is on your left. its well known and a lot of ppl go there including owners with high end cars. old timers sre know about this famous shop.

the guys there don't use any computers for alignment and on-wheel balancing is done. the price is quite reasonable.....only issue is you need to be early other wise can take around 2 hours.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need to respray my car inside & outside. Has anyone here got any good recommended place where i can go?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience