Proton Iswara

Feb 24, 2009
Hi guys,
I have a proton iswara AB year 1996 and i've been thinking of changing it's engine and i have no clue on what are the engines available for this car. the few people whom i spoke to advice me to change my engine to a wira engine 1.5, could thsi be done. Please advice

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
hye bro, u r looking for wat kind of engine? turbo or na? auto or manual? and ur budget?

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
got $$$ and time to upgrade than wat engine also can done if those all dun have,wanna do wat also cant...so think properly what kind of stuff u wan?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
pattas,

Please tell us the reason why you wanna change engine?

More power? better fuel consumption? participating in some auto events? or just suka-suka becoz of TT?

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hello PATTAS, i also driving proton iswara 1995 1.3 manual sedan,but i already convert to 4G92 MIVEC last 5 years back... so far so good...

yes u need to modified the engine mounting...
i will suggest to u 4g91 dohc 1.5 or 4g92 mivec dohc 1.6....all r NA engine..

but now mivec half cut cost u around rm 7000.00 not include yet the tear and wear parts and inspection fees all add up almost rm 10k..plus minus la

4g91 cost u around rm 3k or 3.5k all in will be 5k maybe la
actually is enough for iswara with 4g91 1.5 dohc manual or auto...go for fuel injection..

happy modified bye from stevenmivec kl...

pattas

Feb 24, 2009
hi steven7810,
since you have done this than you be the best guy to ask more quetion on this...budget will be a constrain for me so i guess the MIVEC option is out....i'll think the 4g91 option is affordable.
what i would like to know is there a price different between going for a 1.5 dohc manual and auto and if so how much do you think it is.
i'm from KL and are you from klang valley as well and if you are is there a mechanic you can recommend.

thank you!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

need info coz engine when idling will just die without warning, ppl says that need to service the ACC Valve any info on which workshop is good with RB20 engines that would service my ACC Valve and also when starting the engine need to step on fuel pedal to give it some juice only can start dunno what's the problem any help guys?

thanx

really appreciate the help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience