HELP! gasket burn and potong head? anybody can explain?

vin9277

Jul 7, 2005
Jitra / Kedah
hey anyone out there can help me out here.. my mechanic said tht my engine heated up and because the engine was on whn radiator was dry so my gasket burnt and probably caused my 'head' to bend. does this refer to piston head? or cylinder head? and he says tht they need cut the head to even it out again. is this a good thing? any negative impact? and can anyone tell a rough estimate how much it should cost to replace gasket and cut the head? :confused:

kenzo

6,000 RPM
heya bro, no problem with skimming, im pretty sure he meant by skimming ur head, its ok no problem with it, just make sure its been done by some1 professional, and its better to get slightly thicker head gasket, not sure about the cost bro, wat car ur driving? and cost depends on the workshop and machine shop u go to

kian27

Known Member
Sep 28, 2008
Petaling Jaya
bro is cylinder head...normally no hav any negative impact,usually it nit to done by every gasket burned car...if change gasket only & skimming it wont cost much i think mayb <rm500+/- nt sure bout it..but same as kenzo say stil depends on the workshop..

Last edited:

Garrett

May 10, 2006
bro, never heard these wshops before......just dont simply go any Ahseng or Ahwai shop. Might spoil yr engine.