How To Mod ? Toyota Innova

davidlifestyle

Aug 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
To All The Sifu, Bro Or Sis Please Teach A Newbie Me How To Upgrade My ( Toyota Innova ) Performance. Thanks A lot

Or Can you guys recommended me where i can get some performance part to upgrade my car hp

If upgrade Spark Plug Which Brand Spark Plug IS Better ?

Last edited:

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
change air filter, maybe u can go for open pod
change spark plugs to something like denso iridium, change plug cable
go for good exhaust system wif s-flow muffler since innova r auto
go for piggyback ecu management such as emanage o SAFC
take out unnecessary stuff to reduce yr car weight, such as yr spare tyres, rear seats
change lighter n smallest rims which can fit yr brake n wif slick tyres

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
piggyback, nology plugs, drop-in, crank pulley then stop
then PnP
if u still wan go BOT + standalone

that is only performance .... on sidelines u need to go for adjustables bars ....

i don't recomend u mod innova .... go for style modification for innova .... very the yeng !!!!

davidlifestyle

Aug 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
To All The Sifu, Bro Or Sis Please Teach A Newbie Me How To Upgrade My ( Toyota Innova ) Performance. Thanks A lot

Or Can you guys recommended me where i can get some performance part to upgrade my car hp

Actually i got upgrade my car air filter with k&n but seems to be no different at all, so i hope that can got some better suggestion

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
try using lower viscosity engine oil (higher viscosity is like honey, lower viscosity is like water).

You should have a lighter, more responsive engine performance.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
18" still wan power ? give n take lah !!! wan gaya cannot have kuasa !!!

bnr32

Aug 3, 2007
Changing the exhaust will probably give you 2hp extra at MOST. Not worth the extra noise in my opinion.

All the 'easy' mods listed above like the spark plugs, air filter, ecu and all that wont give you any real increase in power. The mods recommended above (besides bolting on a turbo or running higher compression) will probably give you 5hp extra altogether. It might be just me, but I personally wouldn't be able to feel such a slight power increase. A 5hp increase would probably only feel like driving your car in 15 degrees Genting weather as compared to a 35+ degrees hot day in KL city.

Seriously, in my very humble opinion, its not worth the money/time/effort modifying an Innova performance-wise.

Last edited:

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
what for you want performance on the Innova for?
Sell the car and get other performance happy cars..
Its an MPV, Mpv are meant for comfort and people carrying capcity..
End of the Day, you spent 5K, Dyno and get more 1.8 to 6 HP, you feel contented?
Save the $$ money la wei...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just changed my 4g91 airfilter(box) to k&n airfilter:X-: the problem is the engine started to "sempot" :cry_smile: and when i drive my car also sempot-sempot... what should i do? hope somebody out there can help me to explain wht happen and how to solve it..... 4g91 taiko out there helpp!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience