RX8,Caldina or Altezza

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
hello guys.....my sis having a trouble to choose between the 3.....and adding to my sis headache,i recommended to her an integra(a) which i found at mudah....guys,i need opinion about the integra(a)...how much is the cost to maintain it,the spare part price,oil,etc.....any opinion is really appreciated....

bnr32

Aug 3, 2007
I don't see a point in a Caldina unless you need the extra space it provides. An Altezza is a comfortable car, and the advantage is that it has probably more space interior space than an RX-8 with conventional 4 doors as well.

The RX-8 would be my pick amongst the 3 though, as its a relatively new car with nice leather interior and sporty looks, a perfect chicks car. It isnt too fast in a straight line, but it handles pretty well and is overall very good bang for buck imo.

The downside to a DC5R is that being a type-r, it is probably subject to higher theft rates as compared to an RX-8. The recaro's, gearknob, badges and whatnot are all in high demand in the 2nd hand market. Although it is definitely a better driver's car as it is faster in every way, comfort is slightly sacrificed.

I guess what im trying to say is that if your sister is just looking for a reliable semi-sporty car to use daily, RX-8 is the pick. But if she values performance above all else, then go for the DC5R.

In the end, just get her to drive em before she makes her final decision :D

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Pisang GTR,

If ur sister is experiencing a hard time to choose whether it's GT4, RX8, Altezza, a Cooper or even a Tiara, make some free time to test drive all those cars & hangout with the owners..you can hv lists of comments of all these cars from the members but in the end it'll come down to personal comfort and preferences..and the only way to experience these is by sitting inside, drive the machine with ur own feet pressing the pedal and ur own hand shifting the gear..

On maintenance issues, i think Ipoh is an established city whereby there are lots of reliable mechanics that can handle turbos/NA..even few workshops on the way to Menglembu (near the Perodua & FNN) service luxury cars e.g Merc, Bimmers, Jags, Estimas, Alphards etc..you just hv to ask around the right guys on where to spend ur money at..
strongly agrees, test drive is most important before buying a car, must ask urself whats the purpose of u buying that car, how u gonna use it.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
i do agree that most ppl who can afford n would like to buy or own an expensive sportscar whether he/she is a car enthusiast or just wanted the rare look of their vehicle with powerful engine would choose between Rx8 and 350z....

but.. why is it the S2K in malaysia have least of fame, compared to cars that have the same sporty look with equavalent prices...

can any RX8 or 350z owners and others gives their opinion on this? id really like to learn what does the S2K lacks.. for sure.. it does not have turbo... but what else is bad..

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
u really are a S2K hardcore aren't u? :biggrin: a good friend of mine drives a drooling modded dark grey S2K..and the 1st time I sat inside I didn't feel it had any lack at all :biggrin: it depends on personal perspective..

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
yes.. i do like the S2K very much.. the layout.. the shape.. although not very impressive in stock condition.. but it has lot of potential

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
mayb bcoz its topless n its low rpm is very hard 2 drive....u need 2 rev it up due 2 its big bore short stroke style

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
S2k is a vtec engine so u can expert when the power cme.
Rx8 is a very good car but u need some external cooling system due to malaysia weather is hot.
Caldina is too heavy n Altezza is so old de. If can why not u go for mark x.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
yes.. i do like the S2K very much.. the layout.. the shape.. although not very impressive in stock condition.. but it has lot of potential
yep..with the right combination of mods S2K will outrun all the 3 above in terms of sporty look..but not in it's stock condition..

mayb bcoz its topless n its low rpm is very hard 2 drive....u need 2 rev it up due 2 its big bore short stroke style
the soft top has a function as magnet to attract chicks :biggrin:

andrewk

Jan 9, 2009
I think many ppl don't look at the S2k because its not as easy to find compared to the RX8 or 350z, or at least I hardly come across one when I was shopping for a car. I hardly see one on the road, but everytime I spot one, it brings a smile to my face!

To see the potential of an S2k, follow what those guys over at bulletproof are doing with it.... amazing!

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
in stock form s2k also will out run rx8 edi....rx8 like other rotary engines...need high rev frequently to get rid of carbon build up....so he need 2 ask his sis 2 rev 7k rpm o for manual 9k rpm at least once o twice a week

its not bcoz of s2k vtec engine power delivery...its bcoz of it natural big bore short stroke which allow it 2 rev 9k rpm in stock std form...so it has low torque bit high rpm out put

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
8k in a rotary engine is very easy to achieve, trust me. Just press the oil pedal then it reached.
If u de-cat then u able to burn the car at the bck also.:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus..which car works better with gsr turbo?
if possible..can u guys post a few engine set-ups?as in eg:metal gasket..cam pulley..bla bla bla..for engines? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience