An Info For All DC5 Owners

steviedevil

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
Hey Guys...

If you guys intended to relocate your battery to the back boot of our car make sure you change your battery (if the battery is old, even-though there is still power). I had my spare tire compartment filled with acid water... this is not due to leakage but our car boot is hot and there is no room for air... so the "haba" from the battery make its way to stick to metal stuffs.

I just cleaned my spare tire compartment and re-sprayed it myself... Fuuhh... there goes my noon. :bawling:

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Stevie ... when you relocate your batt. at the back ... it is advisable to get the maintenance free batt ... as no water spill ...

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Stevie:

what paint did you use to re-spray the rear boot compartment ?

was it the aerosol tion can spray?

i wanna do some DIY myself also :rofl:

too many scratches in the boot................

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
steevie:

1) Wash properly and then only spray it. And also change the board to a new one.
2) Chances of rust appearing in near future is very high. :banghead:
3) Use MF battery which has no breather hole.

Tim: I believe every "MAlam JUmaat" you're making love kat boot!!!!:love::adore:

steviedevil

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
Stevie:

what paint did you use to re-spray the rear boot compartment ?

was it the aerosol tion can spray?

i wanna do some DIY myself also :rofl:

too many scratches in the boot................

Yes Timmy... i used aerosol spray... its cover by the board underneath so i used silver colour...

Prasath: sounds like experience before eh?? hahha... anyway... i cleaned everything and let it dry... then only sprayed...

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
steevie:

1) Wash properly and then only spray it. And also change the board to a new one.

Tim: I believe every "MAlam JUmaat" you're making love kat boot!!!!:love::adore:

Hell no.

it's scratched because of those god-damned kidnapped children.

its hard to tie them up properly :smokin:

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
steevie:

prasth.....taiko....Y malam jumaat.la...? Timmy need everday la....haha...:love::love::love:

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
Hey Guys...

If you guys intended to relocate your battery to the back boot of our car make sure you change your battery (if the battery is old, even-though there is still power). I had my spare tire compartment filled with acid water... this is not due to leakage but our car boot is hot and there is no room for air... so the "haba" from the battery make its way to stick to metal stuffs.

I just cleaned my spare tire compartment and re-sprayed it myself... Fuuhh... there goes my noon. :bawling:
Stevie, I strongly doubt the leak is caused by heat and no room for air in the boot.
Compared to being in the engine bay, your boot is SO MUCH cooler, u know how freaking hot it gets in your engine bay?
So batteries are made to withstand heat as high as your engine bay operating temperature.

What caused your leak may be the same as prasath's case.
I'm sure prasath can elaborate more on that.
So far my relocated battery in my boot hasn't caused any problems.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
no worries about the transport man , got the matter sorted out already :biggrin:

Wan / RIdz1979 asked his friend to help me out , very nice of him.

ps -> I like kids :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys need some kind of help here! Trying 2 start a new car detailing center, give some comments on the servises that ur car needs? :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience