.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
a lof of manual car all straight flow......
Auto car bolt on turbo..."S"flow...the sound very soft....really "FAIL "!!
i really hope my exhaust sound like Impreza Subaru !! :thefinger:
Damn Fxxking YENG !! HAHA!!
now my piping is 2.5" 3"muffler...
the exhaust middle and rear BOX... i already throw away !!

Last edited:

dmaul

Apr 10, 2009
im planning to change the exhaust system for my gen2 auto, read from the thread that instead of using bullet, its better to use sflow midbox for auto, but wat happen if use bullet?? i noob lor, so jus ask =)

and, any specific brand/make that is recommended for gen2? the extractor/mid/muffler? size too?

jpoplover

7,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2009
Nilai
Hello bro Kweng84..i wan to mod my stock iswara manual 1.3 to performance type
want type do u suggest? and what the diagram can u recommend??

kiasu34

Jul 28, 2006
Hi there,

I am installing SR20det manual trans from S13 to my TA22 celica.

Please do advice on the piping configuration. From extractor to the muffler. Some advice me to use HKS Silent Hi Power. What do u think?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
wanna ask, if for example my car uses mira L5 turbo....

if i use a custom downpipe (delete cat converter) wif outlet 2". the piping is 2" all the way and finish it off wif HKS Silent Hi Power 2.3"... how the sound will be? too noisy?

p/s: dis is hypothetical question only... no money to buy hks huhu

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hi all sifus and everyone,

Referring to the discussion on backpressure on NA cars, several ppl have opinions that some backpressure is necessary to maintain the low end torque, while others have opinions that the best way is to reduce backpressure to the minimum-most possible.

which is true?

and, if totally eliminating backpressure is best, wouldn't the best exhaust system be 'no exhaust system at all'?

dun fire me! i dunno much bout cars, but wud love learning more

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
any 1 knows what exhst system on the gen2 cps...i planned to change the header to 4-2-1 n the muffler but dont know what the best...i prefer less loud with gud pickup

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
hi, i'm using gen-2'04, juz to share my experience, i've juz mod my exhaust recently, i've mod in extractor 4-2-1, piping 1.5", twister bullet, middle bullet and original muffler..

Pick up not bad..

...dieheartsue...

esguy01

Aug 28, 2009
seberang jaya
Hi Kweng84.I'm using civic 1.7.now using spiral type bullet and no midbox.piping all the way from bullet to twin loop muffler.piping size is 2".i want to change piping to 1.7".is it ok?also,from this informative thread, i learned midbox got 2 type,which is straight flow and s-flow,same concept like muffler.so,for my car,is it the s-flow more better,as it will do the back pressure.Thanks to all the sifu's

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi Kweng84.I'm using civic 1.7.now using spiral type bullet and no midbox.piping all the way from bullet to twin loop muffler.piping size is 2".i want to change piping to 1.7".is it ok?also,from this informative thread, i learned midbox got 2 type,which is straight flow and s-flow,same concept like muffler.so,for my car,is it the s-flow more better,as it will do the back pressure.Thanks to all the sifu's
Hi bro, your ride is limited to 2" only, don't go more than that unless you modded your engine and increases around 20hp+ then u might need to increase the piping size. If 1.7", your pick up improves, FC improves and most suitable for daily driving. However, your 0-100 time attack will drop and full pedal has less responsive already.

SFlow design is usually used at the rear muffler, not center. Now we usually practise filtering the center box to accomodate full throttle power. SFlow produces pressure regardless of good or bad because it depends on your overall setup. Hope this explains why some people benefit from sflow muffler and some dont benefit any :)

esguy01

Aug 28, 2009
seberang jaya
Yo,bro kweng84..you have answered all my question n appreciate it so much..one thing i'm not so understand what do u mean by "we usually practise filtering the center box to accomodate full throttle power".filtering with what bro?sorry rof the noob question:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

View attachment 505779

just wanna ask what the name of this part..as the foreman claims that it has some problem.. i wish to do some research on this part..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience