DIY external cooling fan to amplifier-how to?

jeremy

Known Member
Nov 12, 2004
kuching-penang
Visit site
Dear all,

i have a 4 channel amp. main problem is the built in fan isn't working anymore.. the amp heats up till like really hot during operation.

my idea is to DIY a fan mounted on the amp.(there's a small rectangular opening enough for air to enter or exit).

i have a 12V PC cooling fan.. i tried sourcing power from RCa cable input and then ground the other wire, but the fan not moving..

Any sifu please advice on where i can tap the power from? and of course the fan has to turn on together with the amp.

any advice most appreciated.:wavey:

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
U can try tapping the positive terminal onto the amp positive (+) incoming power and the negative to the boday or any negative(-) source.. usually it works on all of my electronics installation inside my car...

.....dieheartsue....

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
so the fan will on until ur battery flat? what i know, the +ve terminal at amp is direct current from battery. :hmmmm:

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
yes.. but nowadays new connection is the amp power they tap through the radio power cable by adding in relay.. coz old fashion (battery tap in) the amp will never off.. if branded amp shud b ok.. if cap ayam brand not practicable.. u can oso tap to those postive (+) terminal which is connected to ur ignition switch.. u can try testing it by using the car power tester by touching the terminal and switch on your car key.. if when u switch off the ignition but still lighting which mean it does not pass by the ignition..

...dieheartsue...

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Wire the ON/OFF for relay from "Remote" should works for most amplifier... oh fan :)

Last edited:

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Try substitute the fan with a 12V bulb, could be ur polarity or fan prob. Not likely scenario...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
sourcing power like indawse show was the most precise idea coz the fan will run when the amp is turned on (that also depend how u install the amp:rolleyes:)
hahaha u can see the numbers on the relay hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't like the messy look of the engine bay with all the colorful cables? Want to have a more "original look"?

Try this: http://drexchan.fotopic.net/p12175540.html

Material needed:
1. cable organizer of various sizes and length according to the cable thickness and layout. Can be found in ACE hardware, MidValley although th eprice is slightly steep. RM1.80 per foot for 1/4" and RM2.xx for 3/4".

2. black color cable tie, thinest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience