Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
Friday September 4, 2009

Malaysia’s first sub arrives after 54-day journey from France

By EDWARD RAJENDRA

PORT KLANG: Malaysia’s first submarine, the KD Tunku Abdul Rahman (TAR), sailed into our shores after a 54-day journey from Toulon, France.
Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin witnessed the arrival of the 67.5m-long submarine, the pride of the Royal Malaysian Navy, at Pulau Indah here at 9.18am yesterday. It can dive to 350m.
Close to 300 people watched in awe as KD TAR was brought to the dock by two tugboats Splendor and Scorpio at the KD Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah naval base in Pulau Indah.
Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin going down the hatch to check out the new vessel.
Crew members outside the submarine hatch waved to the eager crowd who were captivated by the shiny black vessel as it docked alongside the jetty at 9.18am.
“Our nation’s move to acquire the submarine will give the navy greater and more effective control over our waters.
“Our Government is taking action to protect our shoreline from threats, and this submarine being our first gives a credible boost to our naval forces within the region,” said Tuanku Mizan.
Also present was Sultan of Selangor Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Raja Muda of Selangor Tengku Amir Shah.
Getting the feel of it: (From right) Tuanku Mizan, Sultan Sharafuddin, Najib and Tengku Amir Shah taking a closer look at the submarine.
All 32 crew members have been trained on a four-year course in maintenance, operations, submersion techniques and overcoming challenging situations.
Over the 54 days, the KD TAR has been taken to depths of 350m to test the submarine and at the same time acclimatise the crew to such depths.
KD TAR will be at Port Klang overnight before leaving for the Lumut naval base and to its final duty station in Sepanggar naval base in Sabah.
The submarine is equipped with six torpedo tubes which can fire simultaneously; anti-ship surface missiles and anti-submarine torpedoes.
Tuanku Mizan said operating a submarine in the navy was a welcome force-multiplier, as the craft would help secure the movement of ships and affirm Malaysian sovereignty in its waters.

“A submarine is a sophisticated asset and it must be used to advance the nation’s naval force to ensure a sustainable and comprehensive approach to protect our seas,” said Tuanku Mizan.
All 32 members of the KD TAR crew were congratulated by Tuanku Mizan.
Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the new initiative to strengthen the navy was chiefly to protect Malaysian waters, build a naval network with neighbouring countries, and better anticipate the impacts of changing maritime traffic requiring safe routes.
The submarine project began when Malaysia signed a deal to purchase two submarines in 2002.

taken from: Malaysia’s first sub arrives after 54-day journey from France

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Published: Thursday September 3, 2009 MYT 1:28:00 PM
Updated: Thursday September 3, 2009 MYT 2:30:14 PM

Malaysia’s first submarine arrives at Pulau Indah

PORT KLANG: The Royal Malaysian Navy’s first submarine, KD Tunku Abdul Rahman, arrived at KD Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah, the naval base in Pulau Indah here on Thursday.
The Scorpene submarine, with 32 officers and crew members on board led by commanding officer Zulhelmey Ithnain, reached the jetty at 9.20am.
As the surfacing submarine, pulled by two tugboats, approached the jetty, some of its crew members were seen waving at the waiting crowd.
Present to witness the submarine’s arrival were Yang DiPertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin, RMN captain-in-chief the Sultan of Selangor Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and his deputy Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, and Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
Malaysia's first submarine KD Tunku Abdul Rahman docks in Port Klang.
Also present to welcome its arrival were the Malaysian Armed Forces chief General Tan Sri Azizan Ariffin, RMN chief Admiral Tan Sri Abdul Aziz Jaafar, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan, foreign military officials and family members of the submarine crew.
The dignitaries were then taken into the nation’s first submarine for a visit, after which Tuanku Mizan launched commemorative stamps and first-day covers in conjunction with the submarine’s arrival in the country.
The stamps and first-day covers were issued by Pos Malaysia Bhd in collaboration with the RMN.
The KD Tunku Abdul Rahman commemorative stamps are sold at 30sen and 50sen each, and a complete set of the stamps and first-day covers are available for RM33.10 at all post offices.
KD Tunku Abdul Rahman sailed from Toulon, France on July 11 and took 54 days to reach Port Klang, making stops at Jeddah, Djibouti and Cochin on the journey, which included 32 days of submersion and 10 days of surfacing.
It is one of two Scorpene submarines acquired by the Malaysian government to strengthen the RMN. -- Bernama

Taken from : Malaysia’s first submarine arrives at Pulau Indah

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

do u think our submariners while sailing singing "we are we are the yellow submarine...hey...yellow submarine...yellow submarine"

...alrite i know its black...sue me...lol

Harv

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
ok congratulations malaysia for purchasing the submarine.. =) at least my country(malaysia) also got submarine already. ok ,, so now what ?

its gonna be a waste if its just guarding the shorelines .. it should be out on peace keeping missions in poor countries..at least i know govt tax money is in good use rather then spending time diving around in our waters.. by the way guiding the shore lines from what . .pirates and indonesians ah ..use high end speed bot also can catch those pirates...

use the money to pay of our countries external debt.. External debt for Malaysia would amount to RM 271.58 billion (USD77.48 billion) as at end March 2009 ...

Last edited:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
ok congratulations malaysia for purchasing the submarine.. =) at least my country(malaysia) also got submarine already. ok ,, so now what ?

its gonna be a waste if its just guarding the shorelines .. it should be out on peace keeping missions in poor countries..at least i know govt tax money is in good use rather then spending time diving around in our waters.. by the way guiding the shore lines from what . .pirates and indonesians ah ..use high end speed bot also can catch those pirates...

use the money to pay of our countries external debt.. External debt for Malaysia would amount to RM 271.58 billion (USD77.48 billion) as at end March 2009 ...
canot use speed boat...very dangerous....

just dive dive dive....then launch torpedo at the pirates...like more save...

then we M'sian will stand proud...we use torpedo to scare off the pirates.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
this project of purchasing the sub causes 1 women to be bomb into pieces :stupid:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Correct me if im mistaken.. Few years before malaysia had bought 2 subs.. Which i had seen at TLDM lumut..this should be the third..

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
that 2 subs at TLDM Lumut was 2nd hand sub...dunno bought frm which country alrdy...ppl doesn't wanted the 2 subs anymore...myb the tech of the subs obsoleted...if im not wrong,bought in vry high price frm the country

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
Correct me if im mistaken.. Few years before malaysia had bought 2 subs.. Which i had seen at TLDM lumut..this should be the third..
that was ol' dutch subs...some UMNO goon bought it first cheaply from dutch and offered and expect malaysian navy to purchase from him....luckly the navy didnt accept the offer....they want new one...

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

this project of purchasing the sub causes 1 women to be bomb into pieces :stupid:
how sure are you about this....somebody told you or u seen the proof?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
that was ol' dutch subs...some UMNO goon bought it first cheaply from dutch and offered and expect malaysian navy to purchase from him....luckly the navy didnt accept the offer....they want new one...

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

how sure are you about this....somebody told you or u seen the proof?
i followed the altantuya case quite closely but only on newspapers, the plaintiff said she got a comm of 2 mil for this sale, and she did mentioned about going to france for this..

proof is in the high court or whatever court there is in malaysia.

i only follow what the local dailies reported, its not what i heard or from pkr or semangat 46 :rofl:

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site

the subs like a sniper in a squad of infantry...it acted as a "power multiplier", do u know that a single british subs manage to block the whole argentinian fleet from sailing out of their home port and make contributions to falkland war....a single sub.....if u used surface ships it will take whole squadron (4 to 6 ships per squadron) to do a same job.

there is an ol greek saying, "in peace, prepare for war". coz u never knew when its gonna happen....we have a history with indonesia during confrontation era....we never expect that but it happen...not that we want that to happen again but who knowz...

i think the subs is a good buy...our tank is not...granted the japs used it well during invasion of malaya...that only becoz british dont have enough anti tank weapon...the ol' 2 pounders only tickle the japs...forget about killing it....nowdays almost every country have in their inventory a usefull anti tank weapon, from infantry shoulder to an mechanical platform....if we go to war that tin can gonna be an expensive wrecks....

what we need instead of tanks is more 155 artys and MLRS...not tanks!

now back to subs..

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
i followed the altantuya case quite closely but only on newspapers, the plaintiff said she got a comm of 2 mil for this sale, and she did mentioned about going to france for this..

i only follow what the local dailies reported, its not what i heard or from pkr or semangat 46 :rofl:
i thought that case close liaw....also blur blur what actually happen...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I want to watch MY version of U-571...

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site

ahhhhh...i always know KuLi is still influential...how could i miss this...got the link fred? i wanna read also?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

GSR blues = turbo and fueling probs..huhuhu :(

Guys..hi and thanx for droping by..i have a few problem and i'm new to Turbo and forced induction..so hopefully the sifu's out there can lend me a few tips and advice..

o.k..my last prob was done..but noe i have a new prob..which is that i'm ysung a TD05HL from a vr4 rs..the stock injector for that engine is 510cc..but currently i'm using only 390cc..so my prob is this,when i get into the boost rpm,everything is good till 5500rpm..but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience