exhaust system

don2324

Jan 3, 2007
salam bro2 skalian....nak tanye skit pasal exhaust system ni, intro die aku negine asal sohc vtec auto pastu conbert manual gearbox...ok soalan2nye
1. extractor yang bagus 4-2-1 or 4-1?
2. piping size yang sesuai?
3.muffler s-flow or straight flow?
ok...T.Q

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
1. 4-2-1 for top speed and 4-1 for acceleration. its up to u.
2. tunggu sifu sifu lain jawab
3. straight flow suitable for manual.

editted, thanks sifu sifu:redface:

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
isn't it the other way round?

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
okok...4-1 header is good for top end REV...4-2-1 is good for all range of RPM from low till high..
size piping i will prefer 2 inch with mandrel bend lor.
since it is manual d....straight flow is for better performance while s flor give u more silent exhaust sound as ur exhaust noise trap inside the muffle longer then the striaght flow...

don2324

Jan 3, 2007
okok...4-1 header is good for top end REV...4-2-1 is good for all range of RPM from low till high..
since it is manual d....straight flow is for better performance while s flor give u more silent exhaust sound as ur exhaust noise trap inside the muffle longer then the striaght flow...
if i use the s-flow muffler will there be a negative effect...like lack of power or something....
is there any branded extractor for sohc vtec?...i asked powerzone they don't have it...

Last edited:

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
actually we should give our exhaust system as less back pressure as posible....if too small diameter the gas can't come out fast enought..if the diameter is bigger then requirement then the gas will come out slow as increase in diameter..this will make the exhaust gases velocity slow down...the hotter the air the faster it travel...USING a S flow will let u decrease in power coz the exhaust will trap inside the muffler but the advantage is u get silent exhaust then straight...
no matter s flow or straight u plan to use in demand of the noise oso....the most important things is the bending part of the exhaust...u must use mandrel bend as it din get KEMEK on the bending part while slow down the gases....

don2324

Jan 3, 2007
what do tou mean by mandrel bent?....and why do people say s-flow better for auto tranny, does this mean that all the car using s-flow muffler is underpower

Last edited:

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
what do tou mean by mandrel bent?....and why do people say s-flow better for auto tranny, does this mean that all the car using s-flow muffler is underpower
mandrel bent exhaust is that it's diameter din get smaller at the bending part..if a exhaust pipe of 2inch with mandrel bend u can see no matter how many bending they are the pipe size remain 2inch. normal exhaust shop bending the exhaust at the bending part which will cause the diamter to get smaller....

i been ask by this question of urs like s flow of auto tranny is better then straight and i cna't find a 100% answer for it..but for a manual tranny and street or drag machine ...we need to get as less back pressure as posible..

don2324

Jan 3, 2007
thanx for the info...but what i want 2 know is why for manual is better straight flow and auto is better s-flow? does it have to do with the setting of the ecu or the RPM, or......?

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
My end muffler using 2.3 inch ok or not? Fren told me to change 2.2 inch

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
dun know bout that like straight for manual then s flow for auto...really wan to know then we got many setup and take it to dyno...see the HP figure jump or the torque figure jump...

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

My end muffler using 2.3 inch ok or not? Fren told me to change 2.2 inch
if for b16 the whole piping 2.3 inch with the muffler inlet 2.3 oso ok ah...thats the best d ...with an aftermarket exhaust manifold and type R downpipe more chun....but u need to mod some porting or type R cam for best coupe with the type R downpipe...but 2.3 inch to 2,2 inch wont let u feel much honestly...

don2324

Jan 3, 2007
if i want 2 use a 2'' piping but the muffler inlet is 2.3'' straight flow, is it ok or not? and the muffler brand is HKS super dragger

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

please help me in making this important decision? i`m planning of making an engine swap. my car is 2004 proton satria se with 4g15 using siemens vdo. i`m planning of using a potent mitsu n.a eng. which one is more reliable and cost effective? 4g91 = 120 hp
4g93= 140 hp
is it true? the difference is only 20 hp.....if im using 4g91 for sure i can speed alongside stock 4g93 with slight mod on my 4g91. also i will enjoy low fuel consumption and lower road tax. anybody with good advice pls help...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience