Loss of power when turning on A/C

sreeman

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Hi all,

Im using a satria which i added an electronic dashboard ( the air cond controler ).

When ever i on my A/C my car power actually fall's. It is really noticeable loss in power. Was wondering is there anyway for me to prevent the loss in power while on-ing the A/C.

Thanks ~

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Turbocharge the engine. Honestly, you'll always lose power when turning on the A/C. But that also indicates your A/C bearing is not as smooth as it came out first time from the factory. But regardless, it'll always rob power.

sreeman

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Hmmm, if im not mistaken i think my A/C compressor has something wrong with it, should be the bearing as its making some loud noise these days. Plan to repair it soon. Thanks anyway guys for all your help :D

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
Hi all,

Im using a satria which i added an electronic dashboard ( the air cond controler ).

When ever i on my A/C my car power actually fall's. It is really noticeable loss in power. Was wondering is there anyway for me to prevent the loss in power while on-ing the A/C.

Thanks ~
satria 1.3 ?

Jun 28, 2008
I guess you are running an EFI engine. There must be a wire that you miss to connect properly between air cond switch from the electronic dashboard and ECU. Everytime you turn on air cond the ECU will activate a valve(forgot what the name is) to allow the engine rev higher to compensate the lost power whenever the compressor is running.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if running efi, ecu will compensate the extra load with increase in engine rpm... same goes to power steering pump and aircond compressor pump...

as for carburetor, u'll have fast-idle speed device to control the engine rpm when aircond is switched on...

even all the above, aircond compressor will somehow rob away some of ur engine power because it needs to turn the aircond compressor... powerloss is more noticeable in smaller displacement engine such as 1.3 compare to 1.5...

what u can do is... use smaller aircond compressor so the load wont be so great... the disadvantage is u'll have a less efficient/cooling aircond...

sreeman

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Oh ok. Thanks alot guys for the info.
Really appreiciate it.

sreeman

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Duit tak ada la bro, plus i rather get more experience driving first rather than changing to turbo...just got my first car few months back :D

Anyway does anyone know how much would it cost Roughly to change my air cond bearing? I went to an accessory shop in b`fields, who i know the owner and he says 300+ excluding a/c gas, but when i went to a mechanic, he said he can do it for about 100-200. Really confused ><

infusio

Aug 26, 2009
N.sembilan
1.3 normal lost of power ,to much of drag in the engine try using pivot voltage stabilizer,its ok for my 1.3.n good for campros"sss
try it........

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
this is news to me also

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is a model of this rim available for malaysia car's which will fit well without spacers ?
like something that is not so wide. for 16" or 17" ? been looking for one but usually all very wide. 9JJ 10 JJ..im talking about something like 7JJ .

something that looks like this

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/morteza69/bmw_m3_e46_rota_grid_1.jpg
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience