thx thx for all advise so happy unlike those proton forum lol
wow hondas are really complicated huh.
dislike mitsubishi engine
arhhhh Vtec big small v type r GSR also aiyo
errr... ummmm.
for the 2nd pic black cam cover with big VTEC alphabet
so its a b16a BIG Vtec?

and for the 3rd pic with red cam cover its a TYPE R engine
so its rather is a b16b or b18c am i right? yay i guess im right?

so what about the 1st picture?
blue? custom? lol?

and thx for the advise allto. but eg/eh chassis is very old liao.
should be some common problem with it right?
so it wont be 100% perfect. so is that really matter?

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
Which 2 and which 1 that denotes what is and isn't a type r? The engine code of a B18C is B18C.

GSR is much like calling something a GTI or SIR-G or SIR etc etc. I was discussing in terms of engine spec.

Oh boy... Most of all B series engines are big Vtec. It is a common misconception that there are many small Vtec engines for sale.

Here is a list:
EF9 B16A small Vtec (black cam cover)
B18C type r (red cam cover)/SIR-G (black cam cover)/SI big Vtec (black cam cover)
EG6/Ek4/EG9 etc etc B16A big Vtec (black cam cover)
B16B type r (red cam cover)
B20B/B20A no Vtec (black cam cover)
I think you misunderstood Jin. Pop up your hood, there are numbers below the "B18C" , (about 7-8 digits). The numbers that starts with "2" denotes a Type R block.

Last edited:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Dont get too concerned about all the technical details.....you'll slowly learn what there is to know about VTEC ...If your buying a halfcut, just look at the chassis plate code (blue one near grill)

1. B16A= EG6-xxx..,EG9-xxx..
2. B16B (Type R)= EK9-xxx...
3. B18C Type R = DC2 Type R-xxx..

Other than these codes, its probably some other type of VTEC......try to bring a friend or pomen along that knows a bit about VTEC. If you dont have any friends....just take lots of pic of the halfcut and post it here to verify what type it is..easy right.:smokin:

If you find an EG to your liking, first of all check that its not a "kereta sambung"....then check the bodywork for any accident repairs (look around the near the engine compartment)..usually if the cars chassis is bent you can notice gaps larger than normal (door,fender, front....etc)..

Of course you wont find a 100% perfect condition car, a little kemik here & there is ok...but ripped chassis (koyak) is big no-no..

You can always strengthen back the chassis with strut bars & fender bars & etc....or spot weld the whole car for some real piece of mind....

Take the car for a tests drive and see how it feels & sounds...

superkoh

Jul 8, 2009
sorry steal thread a bit.

can ask all the gurus here, what's better on either b18c-r & b20

1. Jun stage 3
2. skunk2 stage 3
3. Toda C
4. BuddyClub Spec V
5. Crower Stage 2

what valve spring retainer to go along? Anybody using supertek? Any comment?
And cam gear. thanks !

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
I would definitely swap the block to a B18C block whilst keeping the b16a head. The b20b/z blocks are nice but I seem to like the b18c better hehe.

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
thx thx for all advise so happy unlike those proton forum lol
wow hondas are really complicated huh.
dislike mitsubishi engine
arhhhh Vtec big small v type r GSR also aiyo
errr... ummmm.
for the 2nd pic black cam cover with big VTEC alphabet
so its a b16a BIG Vtec?

and for the 3rd pic with red cam cover its a TYPE R engine
so its rather is a b16b or b18c am i right? yay i guess im right?

so what about the 1st picture?
blue? custom? lol?

and thx for the advise allto. but eg/eh chassis is very old liao.
should be some common problem with it right?
so it wont be 100% perfect. so is that really matter?
dont said like that la,
other forum also ok wat,
one malaysia ma..
help each other lor..:proud:

for 2nd and 3rd pic u r right,
but how bout d 1st pic?
can u spot the diff?
blue coverhead summo!!hehehe

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

sorry steal thread a bit.

can ask all the gurus here, what's better on either b18c-r & b20

1. Jun stage 3
2. skunk2 stage 3
3. Toda C
4. BuddyClub Spec V
5. Crower Stage 2

what valve spring retainer to go along? Anybody using supertek? Any comment?
And cam gear. thanks !
acctually it depend on ur setup,
what is ur goal acctually?street used? trek ? drag?
first u should know what u want?
from that only u can select,

in general, 1st 3 cam are gud,
other i never use,so no comment on that,

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

I would definitely swap the block to a B18C block whilst keeping the b16a head. The b20b/z blocks are nice but I seem to like the b18c better hehe.
100% correct!! b18c R are the best!!!:adore:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Here to give some advise to those new comers, if u really wanna gain the knowledge, not only search from net, cos some info will not on net due to some reason.... so, if just tot u can just read from net, then u become expert, u'r dead wrong... u can just refer from net, but not talk big wit follow the net. as in Wiki, those info r just some1 who got some knowledge & free time to wrote it & edit it, and somemore, just playing the Number's Game...
If u think u can just copy & paste the net info then talking big all around, then u just a kid that telling every1 around u that ur father's cock bigger than other's father's cock...

Goto workshop, join the TT or join the Experts Clan such Avantech or Sasuke Racing or mayb those pro racer that race wit Hondas.... cos they do know the engine from top to toe by split up everything, not just talking big wit net info...

Honda forum do appear a lot of this kind of ppl b4, hope that kind of lazy culture won't last long in here... thats really unhealthy.

If some1 here not like how i'm saying on the above, then just continue ur Net Searching & keeping Talking Bullshit in anywhere...

Thanks.

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
Here to give some advise to those new comers, if u really wanna gain the knowledge, not only search from net, cos some info will not on net due to some reason.... so, if just tot u can just read from net, then u become expert, u'r dead wrong... u can just refer from net, but not talk big wit follow the net. as in Wiki, those info r just some1 who got some knowledge & free time to wrote it & edit it, and somemore, just playing the Number's Game...
If u think u can just copy & paste the net info then talking big all around, then u just a kid that telling every1 around u that ur father's cock bigger than other's father's cock...

Goto workshop, join the TT or join the Experts Clan such Avantech or Sasuke Racing or mayb those pro racer that race wit Hondas.... cos they do know the engine from top to toe by split up everything, not just talking big wit net info...

Honda forum do appear a lot of this kind of ppl b4, hope that kind of lazy culture won't last long in here... thats really unhealthy.

If some1 here not like how i'm saying on the above, then just continue ur Net Searching & keeping Talking Bullshit in anywhere...

Thanks.
AGREED!!!
Jin,letgo yamcha :tee:
cool a bit

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
AGREED!!!
Jin,letgo yamcha :tee:
cool a bit
anytime bro... cos i dun have to work 1... ahahhahaa:rofl::rofl::rofl:

seems like i have to bring the BuddyClub Spec VI cam to prevent rempits & Mugen Air Filter for H1N1/H2N3 & mayb Spoon N1 Muffler to keep the Mosquito out of my area..... hehehe:rofl::rofl::rofl:
just PM me la..:adore:

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
anytime bro... cos i dun have to work 1... ahahhahaa:rofl::rofl::rofl:

seems like i have to bring the BuddyClub Spec VI cam to prevent rempits & Mugen Air Filter for H1N1/H2N3 & mayb Spoon N1 Muffler to keep the Mosquito out of my area..... hehehe:rofl::rofl::rofl:
just PM me la..:adore:
hahahha...
talking bout H1N1, today total fatality is 60++ already,
how to TT??Need to used my K&N airfilter la for face mask!! hahaha

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dont get too concerned about all the technical details.....you'll slowly learn what there is to know about VTEC ...If your buying a halfcut, just look at the chassis plate code (blue one near grill)

1. B16A= EG6-xxx..,EG9-xxx..
2. B16B (Type R)= EK9-xxx...
3. B18C Type R = DC2 Type R-xxx..

Other than these codes, its probably some other type of VTEC......try to bring a friend or pomen along that knows a bit about VTEC. If you dont have any friends....just take lots of pic of the halfcut and post it here to verify what type it is..easy right.:smokin:

If you find an EG to your liking, first of all check that its not a "kereta sambung"....then check the bodywork for any accident repairs (look around the near the engine compartment)..usually if the cars chassis is bent you can notice gaps larger than normal (door,fender, front....etc)..

Of course you wont find a 100% perfect condition car, a little kemik here & there is ok...but ripped chassis (koyak) is big no-no..

You can always strengthen back the chassis with strut bars & fender bars & etc....or spot weld the whole car for some real piece of mind....

Take the car for a tests drive and see how it feels & sounds...

thx to alto love ya! and kobra thx to u too xD
i know bout jointed car, but bout a perfect condition car, i think theres alot of things to concern bout arh.. like u say the chassis is bented, how i know the orginal gaps or if the craftmanship is very good and we cant find out that easily right?
its better we bring it to puspakom for a pro checking? o.O
but if the seller bribe to the puspakom ma also same? :(

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Thanks.
aiyo i know ar i also hope to view myself with my own eye ar.
at least let me get a honda 1st xD
give me some time ya!
haha..but im really intrested in honda
so its okay for a newbie to get info from website 1st ma right?
and den familiar with some sort of things ma upgrade come out lo

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
it gud to get the info for internet,
at least u have some idea tho u couldn't understand everything,
next join TT or get to know someone who familiar with Honda,
slowly learn wat ever u want to know,

but dont get info from internet,
then join TT/forum with honda old timer,
then talking bullshit like u start playing Honda since Keichi Tsyuchiya was in standard 2,
like that memg kene "TIAU" la!!!:proud:
am i right JIN??

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
it gud to get the info for internet,
at least u have some idea tho u couldn't understand everything,
next join TT or get to know someone who familiar with Honda,
slowly learn wat ever u want to know,

but dont get info from internet,
then join TT/forum with honda old timer,
then talking bullshit like u start playing Honda since Keichi Tsyuchiya was in standard 2,
like that memg kene "TIAU" la!!!:proud:
am i right JIN??
haha... how i know ma... i'm not good in Honda ma.... hahahaha... do u get wat i mean..??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Small vtec on the cam cover, PGMFi intake manifold, looking at the stock fuel rail design.

I'd say it came from an old CRX with an OBD-0 system.

Correct or not? If not correct, then i want to buang my old engine away thats the same sitting in my store now :rofl:

Somemore, the 2nd engine is big VTEC with OBD-1 system that came off an integra old model. I forgot what chasis number though. DB8? They call it integra Xsi. I was looking at the distributor wire and the stock fuel rail design. Coz the newer EG with OBD-1 does not come with that stock fuel rail.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have problem..
dulu gear 5 can rev to 7k RPM..haha..
but few days ago..max rev only get to 4.5K RPM..
anybody can help?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience