Offset issue...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
jin - i thought u are a walking library adi? haha jk... =)
mayb Lying more suitable... coz everytime i log in, most of the time is lying on the bed 1...

btw, must give face ma... cannot always right 1, so, if ppl said got SIFU, then must learn from SIFU... must give face to SIFU & i dun mind to learn more from the others...:adore::adore::adore:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
mayb Lying more suitable... coz everytime i log in, most of the time is lying on the bed 1...

btw, must give face ma... cannot always right 1, so, if ppl said got SIFU, then must learn from SIFU... must give face to SIFU & i dun mind to learn more from the others...:adore::adore::adore:
haha true true well said sifu well said... :adore:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
if is just kena a little bit then you can try flatten inner part of your fender, that might help... just fyi, i changed my 55 to 50 also kena a bit, just very little help by changing tyre... Also, sport tyre tend to have wider thread and will kena but comfort tyre might escape from that, i tried 55 ad07 and 55 goodyear nct5 earlier...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
haha true true well said sifu well said... :adore:
i'm not sifu... u la sifu...:adore::adore::adore:

if is just kena a little bit then you can try flatten inner part of your fender, that might help... just fyi, i changed my 55 to 50 also kena a bit, just very little help by changing tyre... Also, sport tyre tend to have wider thread and will kena but comfort tyre might escape from that, i tried 55 ad07 and 55 goodyear nct5 earlier...
not recommended to flatten the inner parts of ur front fender or the rear wheel arch...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i'm not sifu... u la sifu...:adore::adore::adore:

not recommended to flatten the inner parts of ur front fender or the rear wheel arch...
Y? anything might happen like rust? or out of shape? cos i did mine for a year and so far ok... if i know what might happen then i will try to prevent it...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Y? anything might happen like rust? or out of shape? cos i did mine for a year and so far ok... if i know what might happen then i will try to prevent it...
after u flatten the arch, will become weak... even some1 just lay on it, will easily dented ur arch there... bout rust onot, thats not really sure...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
ic... thanks for the tip, i will be extra careful to find a parking lot next time...

pinecitygarage

Known Member
Aug 22, 2009
SoCal & Baguio
baguioautoforums.com
if you have a Honda and you are using 15 x 6.5 wide rims, i suggest looking for an Offset rim in the range of +40 to +45

The higher the offset the more the rims go inward towards the wheelwell

honda's rims typically have a high offset +40 to +45
Nissan & Toyota rims typically are anywhere from +38 to as low as +32 on the Sentra's.

The lower offset rims will go outward towards the fender

this diagram and info are from Baguio Auto Forums - i'm an Admin at this site
Offset:

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types (measured in millimeters).*

Zero Offset
The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive
The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative
The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this won't work correctly. We have test fitted thousands of different vehicles for proper fitment. Our extensive database allows our sales staff to offer you the perfect fit for your vehicle.

*Backspacing, similar to offset, is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel (measured in inches).

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
if you have a Honda and you are using 15 x 6.5 wide rims, i suggest looking for an Offset rim in the range of +40 to +45

The higher the offset the more the rims go inward towards the wheelwell

honda's rims typically have a high offset +40 to +45
Nissan & Toyota rims typically are anywhere from +38 to as low as +32 on the Sentra's.

Agree wif dat...

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
offset +45 will rub on the caliper if using SW388 or EvoReg.... Offset +40 is nicely in but lose the cornering to the others...
Summore if use big caliper oso will graze each other...

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
er.. i believe those tyre shop have sell those "chamber screws" for less then 50 bucks..
go ask them..
they always try to con me when i bring my mom saga to service..

" boss.. you front tyre ar.. camber lari abit di.. its + 1. 2. later ar you drive long long di ar.. no good .. you tyre will wear out 1 side more then the other side.. and you drive high way that time will effect you little one.. " " so wan do or not? we have this screw from taiwan one.. very special one.. can adjust your camber.. only 25 for 1 aside.. ok ah? i install ar! "

haahaha .. the funny part is that.. every few months i go service.. they will tell my that my camber screw rosak and change them for me.. -_- while they say if no change new one cannot tune.. lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When hybrid vehicles first came into the world some 10 odd years ago, it was looked upon as a gimmicky way to save the environment, appealed to the more rich and famous who wanted to look like they're giving back to society. What's worse is that they were a huge turn off for petrol heads as the only performance you get from hybrids at the time were performance in fuel savings and that's pretty much the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience