Engine Oil for Mivec 1.6 DOHC 4G92

zendengoh

Known Member
Feb 11, 2008
KL Kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
Don't be so quick to blame the rings. It's high temperature burn-off and you just find the oil level dropping at the dipstick.

Motor oils runs best at between 80-105 C. Those lucky enough to have a PRECISION oil temp gauge are privileged to track the engine's internal heat via oil. Remember, higher engine operating temperatures cause horsepower loss.

For those who suffer serious oil burn-off, a bottle of Tufoil should help. All engines run cooler with Tufoil including million dollar gen-sets.
i agree about it, may try higher grade engine oil which manages to control the oil temperature and prevent possible high consumption.

Last edited:

wanjpun

Jan 31, 2009
hey man,u still interested in engine oils?? if yes pm me, i have some suggestions.

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
sounds interesting, never heard of it "elf molygraphite" of course ELF me came across before... but yeah go on, share your experience ;-)

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
sounds interesting, never heard of it "elf molygraphite" of course ELF me came across before... but yeah go on, share your experience ;-)
just some advise, that elf moly-something really ahem ahem only... not suit for rev rev engine...

zendengoh

Known Member
Feb 11, 2008
KL Kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
the "blackie" engine oil?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
sorry if this question veered off topic :adore: but itching to know... :hmmmm:

heard abt the claims of using cooking oil as engine oil? and supposedly reported by BERNAMA?

never read the actual article but seems got lotsa ppl talking about it :listen:

p/s: Mr FocalPoint, how many bottle of Tuffoil should I use if wanna put it inside my turbocharge 660 JB-JL Daihatsu Mira stock standard engine?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Hi! papagoines.

One 8 oz. bottle of Tufoil will do just like the many who use it on the Kancil Turbo.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Hi! papagoines.

One 8 oz. bottle of Tufoil will do just like the many who use it on the Kancil Turbo.
thanks for the heads up... i think i'll try it for my next oil change

wanjpun

Jan 31, 2009
elf molygraphite has graphite in it, its just like taking a pencil and shading 1 side of a paper, u compare both sides, u cn tell dat the shaded side feels smoother. my dad is using it, his car now sounds smoother then last time. and his petrol consumption is better than last time. just wana share my experience.. :wavey:

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
just wondering if that gonna do good for NA's, its just trial and error thing, you know what i mean...

as of now, Q8 Formula Advanced ;-) pretty much happy with it than HKS Semi Sync

its all depends, you know, you got to try it all and choose the best for your engine.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
just wondering if that gonna do good for NA's, its just trial and error thing, you know what i mean...

as of now, Q8 Formula Advanced ;-) pretty much happy with it than HKS Semi Sync

its all depends, you know, you got to try it all and choose the best for your engine.
the best always need to pay more...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wondering what shampoo or medium you guys use to clean the rims.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience