Jealous Ahura + RE Gathering at Danga Bay JB 22/03/09

paco

Jan 31, 2009
U're right bro..I wonder how the visitor knew that car is from M'sia..????:hmmmm::hmmmm:

You know JEALOUS AHURA is not only made MALAYSIA proud but she also promoting MALAYSIA with the SILAT CEKAK HANAFI (presentation of the car) big banner hanging says JEALOUS AHURA OF MALAYSIA with MALAYSIA and JOOHOR flag and we're giving the flyers about Jealous Ahura and the whole map of MALAYSIA where JEALOUS AHURA come from!!!!
MALAYSIA BOLEH! JEALOUS AHURA KEBANGAAN MALAYSIA!!!

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
i dunno about standing in that stadium but lots of RE Club members were standing in danga bay cursing their heads off bcoz of a certain no show.. memang proud...

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

then when u show to us?
where show to us?
jb or.....................

there.. they show u oledi wat... there.. the youtube video... be proud and dont jeles ok!... kwakwkkakwkwakwa

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
My Comments:
1. Exterior Cleanliness - 5/5
- Award: full points for overall exterior cleanliness
2. Forward Chassis: 3/5
- Award: Very good paint detailing
- Penalty: most of the kit are off the shelf, no real custom work done for hood, bumper, canards, etc
- Penalty: standard hood hook/stand, should have use the pneumatic hinges to keep it clean
3. Rear Chassis: 2/5
- Award: Scissor doors, you cant go wrong especially here where it creates clean lines
- Penalty: Custom door mod creates a body line that does not suit the car, disharmonious, that is made worse by the placement of the detail here
- Penalty: Massive ugly rear wing that would make Takumi wonder "this guy want to fly?"
- Penalty: Minor body work imperfection seen through light reflection at the rear of the door (not confirm, from the vid)
4. Overall: 3/5
- Award: Overall package is very well done, extremely high marks for colour and detailing
- Penalty: Overall package lacks harmony
- Penalty: Negative change to the body lines
- Penalty: Colour scheme, while good, lacks contrast for the detail which make it get lost at a distance (can be argued that this is a good thing)
- Note: Interior is not evaluated
5. Wheels: 4/5
- Penalty: NOT CUSTOM, if only you cut your own custom wheels

I think its a very good effort. However, do not rest on laurels. This effort is laughable in the face of Re-Amemiya and even the new European modders who do work on Mercedez, Porsche, BMW and others.

RE-Amemiya is a very good example where they create significant custom body work. Another extremely good example is Chip Foose creations - this guy always gets it right and his designs are very good examples of harmonious design (do not use the show Overhaulin as a reference, use his show cars instead)

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
I agree with some of your comments on the build of the car; except for certain points like hood, hook, wheels and rear wing, because all these are covered with hand-made detailing as well, which helped it score 2nd place in MotoEX. The wheels themselves are a one off design made for them by WEDS. Go look at some wheel forging process videos and tell me which Malaysian workshop could do that for you.

As looking towards custom body work like Chip Foose and RE Amemiya, goodness gracious, you're comparing apples to durians here! Chip Foose started off as a hot-rodder; building up cars from scratch, while RE-Amemiya has done nothing but Mazdas for over 40 years! You might as well compare a Satria and a Bugatti Veyron; what exactly do they have in common except they both have four wheels and two doors?

The whole point here is not the fact it's an RX7, but the attention, design, and work that has gone into the car. In the show car category, the car itself is a canvas for the builder to modify and draw on. If it was a GTR instead of an RX7, will you compare it to Top Secret and MINE'S? They build performance cars, not show cars. There isn't really any good comparison in the Asian modding scene for show cars.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Glocker:
You could be right about the wheels, but I was looking at a catalogue the other day and the wheels look very similar. I will maintain a 4 for the wheels though as that is a very high mark for me on this point - personal choice.

As for the hood, hook and wing, my remarks remain based on what I can see from the pictures. No higher definition images have been made available nor any focus been given to those "custom hand made details".

As for the apple and durian comparison, focusing on the history of RE-Amemiya or Foose has no bearing to my remarks. Who you are and where you come from is immaterial, I only care how well you design your car - the VISION. If I really cared who the creators of Jealous Ahura was, I would not score high marks at all because we all know that Malaysian cars are cheap and nasty things made in jungles by people wearing grass skirts.

For the sake of comparisons, comparing Jealous Ahura with RE-Amemiya's FDs seems a very apple and apple comparison thank you very much.

As I said, I think its a good effort. Okay, ITS A VERY GOOD EFFORT!

But we need to kick it up a notch. Why compare yourself BACKWARDS when you can move FORWARDS? Why have the mentality that "oh we should not compare to so and so because of this or that"? The creators of Jealous Ahura should go up to the international level of Chip Foose and many equivalent American hot rodders, or the European modders out of Russia and the Japenese houses of RE-Amemiya, Mitsuoka and others. Have you seen those cars Mitsuoka has created? Standard everyday cars with massive conversion - taste notwithstanding.

Just a side note, I think that a lot of the European mods are really UGLY. Similar marks would have been given if I evaluated them.

[EDIT] Just got to see more pics. I am very impressed with the interior and engine bay. My overall score is now closer to 4 - would appreciate more close up on the detailing work for the engine bay.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Oh yeah, a "custom" car I would give very high marks - GT by Citroen, Mitsuoka's Orochi and Le Seyde, Foose's Hemisfear, and many others.

I am prepared for any flames or comments how a factory built car should not be evaluated or compared against custom modders. But to me, the limited production GT by Citroen is a design tour de force both inside and out.

Last edited:

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
You know JEALOUS AHURA is not only made MALAYSIA proud but she also promoting MALAYSIA with the SILAT CEKAK HANAFI (presentation of the car) big banner hanging says JEALOUS AHURA OF MALAYSIA with MALAYSIA and JOOHOR flag and we're giving the flyers about Jealous Ahura and the whole map of MALAYSIA where JEALOUS AHURA come from!!!!
MALAYSIA BOLEH! JEALOUS AHURA KEBANGAAN MALAYSIA!!!
I got the picture at last... JAPANESE CAR that MADE MALAYSIA PROUD...:driver::driver:

P/S--> I know that U're proud..But no need the exclaimation mark worrr....

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Savahn,

I understand your points, but I think you're still comparing the wrong things. One is a man with a passion for cars (who knows what he does for a living), the other is a legendary workshop that has singlemindedly forged its name on the motorsports and auto-design scene; more often than not those two priorities go hand in hand.

The Ahura RX7 was built for just one thing; win at show car competitions. This requires a totally different mindset. It is the same if you're building a circuit car or a drag car; more often than not modifications have different goals to achieve a desired outcome. If you want to compare TMR's work to others, check out other people who has built custom show cars...google Laurie Seguna, Queen Street Smash, Osman Brothers, 2SUS Custom Resprays, Danny Makdessi (winner of MotoEx this year) and see what the showcar scene is all about. Check out this page http://www.motoractive.com.au/events_motorex.html

To be honest, the car is not really to my tastes too; speed, power and handling matters more to me. But to each his own. :)

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
I got the picture at last... JAPANESE CAR that MADE MALAYSIA PROUD...:driver::driver:

P/S--> I know that U're proud..But no need the exclaimation mark worrr....
Yep ... wonder how much of work on the car was done by Malaysians ...

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Glocker,

Got your point. Then a comparison with Foose is relevant.

I've just got more details of the car including more high res pictures. My jaw dropped. This is a truly amazing car - taste notwithstanding.

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS POST:

This car is AMAZING!

Just got more high definition photos of the car. I am stunned. The amount of work and detail that went into the car is astounding. Particularly impressive is the work done on the engine components, I never thought to see that kind of work there.

Except for the minor detail of not liking the overall body lines of the car, this car is nigh 6-stars!

My comments above are no longer valid.

heavenz

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
we need MACC here now ^^ :rofl:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I am planning to take my diploma in automotive/motorsport. I understand that overseas studies is better, but I dont have that much money so I wish to know some good schools here. Im more of a hands on than book/theory person. I did some search, and so far TOC (the otomotive college) seems like the choice i would make, as it has motorsport course. But than again I also have read some reviews of it which is doubting me. I was wondering whether there is any other college that provide the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience