How to restore Headlamps to former glory?

iman__210

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
m looking to restore my plastic headlamp...got any offering such service

iman
012-213 5886

Last edited:

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
i actually bought the headlamp restorer at giant,cost bout 15 ++,just apply on dry cloth or sponge n rub for few minutes,then wipe wif clean dry cloth,result? 60% better than before atleast

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
so many method to clear headlamp..still curious which one is the best way..perhap,need to do DIY first..:hmmmm:

UltimateShine

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.ultimateshine.com.my
may i know what polish compound were u using ? were u using machine to polish or hand?? If machine, what would the decent machine and tools needed ??
We were using Optimum Compound and rotary machine in this video clip.

The rotary machine was "cap ayam" brand :biggrin:from China cost around RM 250, turning speed between 1,000 to 1,200 rpm.

To know more about Optimum Compound http://www.ultimateshine.com.my/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=23

Of course it can be done by hand also, all we need is a bit of patient. :top:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
OK, after polishing the head-lamps with compound/plast-x/brake-fluid/cooking-oil , whatever ......

what should we apply to stop the head-lamps from dulling / turning yellow again ?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
OK, after polishing the head-lamps with compound/plast-x/brake-fluid/cooking-oil , whatever ......

what should we apply to stop the head-lamps from dulling / turning yellow again ?
answer : No cure. The plastic get yellowish mostly due to UV protection protection layer on the plastic has gone or possible the plastic can't withstand long time expose of heat from sunlight, bulb itself...

Even Benz one will get yellowish. The only think you can do it just keep 'maintaining' it once you restore....properly apply some wax might help slowing down the process of dulling again...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

Clear Coat especially for Clear Plastic Headlamp... can easily get in Japan Giant Automart such Yellowhat or Autobacs...

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Do keep us up to date. I'm also very interested on the 'coating'....normal wax/sealant cant seem to last very long.

Cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wan hear some comment from ur all....i were planing to change my single carb into twin carb wit solex brand....is tat good idea?????? but da engine is quite old liau.....around 30 years old lo........n tat engine was born in year 1977.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience