Wira 1.5 convert Rear Disc brake PRO!!

sicness80

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Hi to all expert,i had converted my wira 1.5 sedan rear brake drum to wira 1.6 ori rear disc brake,all the PROBLEM is handbrake totally NO FUNCTION!!i already replace the new handbrake cable left & right,n done the disc rubber repair kit.At 1st become fine,but after 1 month become no function again.i have to gear in to park my car even in house parking.can anyone tell me the pro or intro any workshop know to repair it?i had tried many workshop near my place but NO ONE can fix it n give many excuses:mad:, tq very much.:adore:

ToY_mAcHiNe5

Known Member
Sep 1, 2008
well, the problem doesn`t happen to my satria. I do convert my 1.3 drum to mivec rear disk, so far no problem, and the handbrake was totally working fine.. mybe u can check ur master brake pump, the stock master brake pump can`t pump the oil to ur rear disc. And also please do check if their any leak or stuck in ur brake host. do 'bleeding' process to check the pump and host.

and don`t forget to check the brake piston. Do service a bit, cost you around less than rm20 to buy the brake kit.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
nothing to do with the pump or the lines or the fluid....

handbrake is cable related

fadlie

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
yup....handbrake totally use cable...not related with any fluid/master pump....

las time same problem happen to one side of my kancil rear disc...workshop around kl said canot repair, finnaly
send it to a small workshop at my 'kampung'....and he fixed the caliper, total rm5 only....

Last edited:

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
yeah your handbrake are totally using cable the best thing is please check ur piston maybe need to change the seal.......n please reminded that if you using those rear disc brake its not really feel the same as you using the drum bro...anyway cheers

sicness80

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
thx for all reply..i ahd change new handbrake cable left n right n done rear disc brake piston rubber seal.but still the same..suspect is caliper pro..sigh..:banghead:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
try to remove the caliper n wash it down n re-lube it again ler...piston may be jammed

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While driving, electronic parts already showing the power loss. Everything on and off because of loss of power. Things getting worst and the car start jerking and the RPM meter unstable. My home is not that far away so I push the car a little bit, working hard to reach home. I felt the car and engine working very hard when I press the pedal. Suddenly there is a sound like a blow up (like a fire with blow up sound) in the exhaust, everytime I push the pedal. Once I reach home, the engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience