BMW SR20DET\Convert JAP FORUM HERE!!

sebastien

Known Member
Oct 19, 2008
or is it the other way round u are trying to say? why would anyone wants a 2.5 block if they can have a 3.0?
bcoz i tot if i do this than i can pay less road tax is dat rite?
correct me if i'm wrong...coz i saw some zth member r doing tis also

Bump:
or is it the other way round u are trying to say? why would anyone wants a 2.5 block if they can have a 3.0?
bcoz i tot if i do this than i can pay less road tax is dat rite?
correct me if i'm wrong...coz i saw some zth member r doing tis also

Bump: so u mean 1j head can ngam 2j block or any way round also can?

Bump: so u mean 1j head can ngam 2j block or any way round also can?

luke skywalker

1,500 RPM
Feb 24, 2008
Shah Alam
Hey just wanna say im selling a pair of brandnew original e36 Tail lights only for Rm350 and its negotiable anyone interested pls PM me... Item still in box....

Oh ya anyone here driving a e21??? i use to have one... Japanese engine as well....:biggrin:

zarathir

Feb 10, 2009
i only have one question, how do u deal with the gearbox? i'm sure the gear lever for sr20 gearbox does not come out at the same old hole inside yr car rite? got solution to it? plz help

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
no idea bro havent encounter with a sr20 yet.....

Last edited:

zarathir

Feb 10, 2009
im not using a bmw...im using a merc W126, the old long one.. in the process of placing a 1jz inside..got problem with the gear lever..it came out inside the dashboard, not at the original gear lever housing..btw, im using manual, and seriously dun wanna use auto.. did u have the same problem? coz if u do, hope u can share...or maybe, if u have somebody who can do a customize gear lever extension...plz help

1JZE30

Feb 25, 2008
I'm having a bad clutch slip with my manual trans and my 1jz engine getting heated up according to temp gauge while i turn on the air con . any body with experience in E30 1jz can help me with this problem? .. what's the best differential to mod?

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
bro for temp....anything approx 90 is normal i guess.....bad clutch slip however if u are running stock which means....u got to replace it.....if boosted up....then look for racing clutch......and as for rear diff get lower reading for high speed and higher reading for acceleration......and in terms of what kind....of rear diff that depends on how good the workshop is.....

I'm having a bad clutch slip with my manual trans and my 1jz engine getting heated up according to temp gauge while i turn on the air con . any body with experience in E30 1jz can help me with this problem? .. what's the best differential to mod?

1JZE30

Feb 25, 2008
bro for temp....anything approx 90 is normal i guess.....bad clutch slip however if u are running stock which means....u got to replace it.....if boosted up....then look for racing clutch......and as for rear diff get lower reading for high speed and higher reading for acceleration......and in terms of what kind....of rear diff that depends on how good the workshop is.....
thanks for your reply Jo, my temp shoots up almost reaching the red line while the air cond is turn on. its fine while driving without air cond.

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
maybe u can start with the radiator itself,are u using the 1jz's or bimmer? if its bimmer maybe its because the radiator cant coup with it and as for your info the 1jz are pretty hot tempered.....:D

thanks for your reply Jo, my temp shoots up almost reaching the red line while the air cond is turn on. its fine while driving without air cond.

1JZE30

Feb 25, 2008
maybe u can start with the radiator itself,are u using the 1jz's or bimmer? if its bimmer maybe its because the radiator cant coup with it and as for your info the 1jz are pretty hot tempered.....:D
oh yeahhhh... i'm using the bimmer radiator now.. looking forward to change it to fully aluminum radiator. :D thks for tips!

LonelyBitbit

May 7, 2006
all sifu , i have a little question , hope that u guys can help ... is it possible the e46 m3 half cut full engine and gearbox can load in e30 model ?

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
if its a complete half cut i dont see why u cant......and while you're at it....get the dash board in as well......whole set.....e30 with....modern day m3 look......sweet.......S series in e30.....nice.....very nice......:burnout:

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
argh
wanna look for LSD for my e30 here T.T