DC5R Query

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
prasath bro ... people come and go ... but memories ... they remain forever ahahaha

Jack9531

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Selangor
Guys
I am not a DC5 owner however may consider in the near future as a second ride if it
satisfy some of my queries.

1) How is the ride on stock suspension setup?. Is it as hard as FD2R. I hear FD2R is rock hard.
2) If drive normally below 4,000 rpm what is the estimated fuel comsumption ?
3) Can I use it for daily drive to work.....
4) How is the aircondition. Sorry for the silly question cos I heard the heat & sound proofing
has been removed to save weight so wonder does the interior get warm quickly given the
exhaust manifold facing the firewall.

Basically looking for a bit of allrounder. Use for work and track days.....
Currently driving 2003 Toyota Altezza which is fantastic cos it is an all rounder.
Want to see if Integra also a bit of a all rounder. Or is it more for track than road?.

Appreciate your response.....
Hello bro, I also before driving altezza 2001 type Z AT few months ago..
Now after changed to DC5R, i fell very different in driving style, because altezza is FR , so its not as good as DC5 in connering. But altezza is more comfort for everyday driving than dc5..
But i dont regret changing to dc5r, its faster, stiffer chasis, high reving, n the handling also nicer than altezza..
Before when driving altezza, when connering above 120km/h, i can feel the car start to slide abit at behind, but in DC5 even in 120++ i cant feel anything, its so easy to connering with dc5..
Thats all my experience about this 2 car..
Thanks bro..
Hehe.. :driver:

Bump:
Guys
I am not a DC5 owner however may consider in the near future as a second ride if it
satisfy some of my queries.

1) How is the ride on stock suspension setup?. Is it as hard as FD2R. I hear FD2R is rock hard.
2) If drive normally below 4,000 rpm what is the estimated fuel comsumption ?
3) Can I use it for daily drive to work.....
4) How is the aircondition. Sorry for the silly question cos I heard the heat & sound proofing
has been removed to save weight so wonder does the interior get warm quickly given the
exhaust manifold facing the firewall.

Basically looking for a bit of allrounder. Use for work and track days.....
Currently driving 2003 Toyota Altezza which is fantastic cos it is an all rounder.
Want to see if Integra also a bit of a all rounder. Or is it more for track than road?.

Appreciate your response.....
Hello bro, I also before driving altezza 2001 type Z AT few months ago..
Now after changed to DC5R, i fell very different in driving style, because altezza is FR , so its not as good as DC5 in connering. But altezza is more comfort for everyday driving than dc5..
But i dont regret changing to dc5r, its faster, stiffer chasis, high reving, n the handling also nicer than altezza..
Before when driving altezza, when connering above 120km/h, i can feel the car start to slide abit at behind, but in DC5 even in 120++ i cant feel anything, its so easy to connering with dc5..
Thats all my experience about this 2 car..
Thanks bro..
Hehe.. :driver:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi Jack,
Not comparing with my altezza cos I am not selling it to buy Integra. Both are 2 different car. Both have pro & con and they are special in their own ways. I love the ride and the rear wheel handling of Altezza. But in the same breath I also want to explore 6MT lightweight high reving
machine so DC5 comes to mind. Altezza 5AT to use for work\special occasion\long distance trip. Integra 6MT to go to work\mamak and track day. Good combination rite?.

BTW I just read the Integra R DC5 Review in Motoring Magazine dated Sep 2001.
They compare against DC2 Type R and it is interesting how certain word used to describe
DC5 repeat itself. For example. "Mature", "Grown Up". Good review and it clearer up most of my
doubts about the DC5.:biggrin:

Erik

Oct 16, 2008
Hi AE111,

Please keep us updated with your purchase...and maybe a quick review if you managed to see or test any DC5's at the dealers, thanks.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro
went to Naza Federal Highway to get a feel of DC5 however there weren't any on display. Anyway will call up the dealers in motortrader.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
I've got another buddy in Penang looking for a DC5 as well ,

if you come across any nice DC5's for sale , do let me know as well......

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
ae111_seg,
interested in DC5R ar ?
no need think la.. just get it... it's an awesome car ! ...u won't regret.
it was once in my consideration too, but i since don't hv 2nd car to
commute my family, hence only can get a 4 door sedan & not this DC5R.. sigh...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all bros,

i wanna paint my car. Well im planning to do so maybe this month. But the thing is, this is the first time im actually getting the whole car painted..... normally its just bumpers, skirts, etc.... not the whole car.... i have been reading and browsing and also surveying but its making me harder to decide... so i need help.... if bro have any info plus images of your ride.... pls feel free to share...

WHAT I WANT
i want to paint my car back to its original color...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience