DC5 Technical Problems/Issues

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
After more than 1 year owning the car my door locked giving me problem. Changed the lock gun for RM300 (damn expensive ... dunno kena con or what) then ok already

Now my passenger side got sound like absorber kong ... take out tires check absorber A okay! look at the front arm bushing ... got 'koyak' like that ...

Thinking of Superpro ... anybody have experience using them? Where to get? Installation?

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
After more than 1 year owning the car my door locked giving me problem. Changed the lock gun for RM300 (damn expensive ... dunno kena con or what) then ok already

Now my passenger side got sound like absorber kong ... take out tires check absorber A okay! look at the front arm bushing ... got 'koyak' like that ...

Thinking of Superpro ... anybody have experience using them? Where to get? Installation?
I was quoted 2k plus for all those small and funny little bushing for 4 corners of the vehicle at Hokomoto(or some moto) @ batu caves. Or u can ask jerry.

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i don't think I'm gonna replace all ... 1 section at a time ... :)

But in your case ... your car can beat concorde already ... so better replace all la ... ehehhe

Cool will call Jerry then but if anyone have any info ... do post it up!

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
Azad-san,

Get Energy Suspension Master Bushing kit. Cheaper, and it replaces the VITAL bushings only. I dont think its necessary to change the whole bushing to PU coz the car will greatly be stiffened. (I changed my EF trailing arm bush to SuperPro and the car became tail happy coz its too stiff! scary.)

So instead of investing RM2,000+ for SuperPro, why dont you get this one instead, for less than RM1,000 (with tax etc):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ENER...s?hash=item2ea669e613&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

Last edited:

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
Bro, before concluding it's your bushing problem, try checking your front disc brake calipers first.

Last time I had sounds coming from the front, sounds exactly like suspension kong sound, metal hitting metal sound, checked my absorbers all still ok, even took out ARB, changed to other absorbers, checked the bushings, sound still there.
Finally I went to see my mechanic in malacca, straight away he pin pointed it's my front disc brake calipers, he replicated the sound by moving the calipers while i sat in the car, exactly that sound. Metal hitting metal sound. It sounds exactly like suspension/bushing kong sound. He tightened the clip, and no more sound until now.

Just sharing my experience so you wont end up paying 1K and the sound still there.

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
lightningfield and slick ... thanks for the info ...

will do what slick said went got time ... but still need to replace the bushing as i can see it literally torn la weii ...

ridz1979

Known Member
May 1, 2006
Shah Alam
Guys,

Today is my 2nd day driving my ride. 100% std car performance up set me and stairght when to Honda service center in Puchong.After inspec by mech they found following problem

1. ECU got lot of error code. So they reset everything.
2. Engine mounting left, right & back broken. No spare part available at honda malaysia totally diff with civic type r.
3. Rear wheel baring out already. Very expensive Rm 550 per piece.
4. Rear absorber out as well. Very expensice Rm 580 per piece.
5. Rim bengkok sent to michine shop rm 70 per piece.
6.Body lining left & right look different at rear wheel section.
6. To many to list down will join your all TT soon for advise.

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
maybe the car running more milege ledy...need to replace some part...cos u didnt check it nicely when u look for the car before u register......hope no other problem come out more...cheers..

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Bro, before concluding it's your bushing problem, try checking your front disc brake calipers first.

Last time I had sounds coming from the front, sounds exactly like suspension kong sound, metal hitting metal sound, checked my absorbers all still ok, even took out ARB, changed to other absorbers, checked the bushings, sound still there.
Finally I went to see my mechanic in malacca, straight away he pin pointed it's my front disc brake calipers, he replicated the sound by moving the calipers while i sat in the car, exactly that sound. Metal hitting metal sound. It sounds exactly like suspension/bushing kong sound. He tightened the clip, and no more sound until now.

Just sharing my experience so you wont end up paying 1K and the sound still there.
hi mr slick,
did the sound appear after you changed the absorber? i got a similar sound (not on a dc5 though).. and my mech said it is the arb hitting the body. the sound appears right after i changed the absorbers & springs and i have already change arb bushings and links before that. might go to another workshop to get a second opinion and check the calipers as well.

rajamacho

Known Member
Mar 31, 2008
me also have 'kang ' kang' sound at the rear..no idea..bushing..exhaust..or absorber...demmm but only can hear when drive slowly 20km/h with bumpy road...

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
hi mr slick,
did the sound appear after you changed the absorber? i got a similar sound (not on a dc5 though).. and my mech said it is the arb hitting the body. the sound appears right after i changed the absorbers & springs and i have already change arb bushings and links before that. might go to another workshop to get a second opinion and check the calipers as well.
Sound appeared out of the blue. Was using stock absorbers.
The culprit was the brake pad springs not tight enough.

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
me also have 'kang ' kang' sound at the rear..no idea..bushing..exhaust..or absorber...demmm but only can hear when drive slowly 20km/h with bumpy road...
suspention need to revavle...la..bro..kong redy..

ridz1979

Known Member
May 1, 2006
Shah Alam
Friends,

I want to know you all gear box ratio. Mine at gear 6, 3500 rpm speed 100km/h. Is that normal. I'm now hunting final drive 4.4. Cannot tahan drive long distance at high rpm.

Regards,
Wan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys

Im planning to buy a 2010 Toyota car direct from owner. Since this is my first time buying car, i tried to google for some info and found this: http://nextimelah.blogspot.com/2014/02/buying-used-car-in-malaysia-from-direct.html

If anyone has epxerience buying used car from owner, can you please advice since this writing is 2014, maybe some changes recently on the processes, or things that not covered by the writer of the blog. or maybe, if anyone can simply advise me point...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience