Cusco or GAB ...which is better for wira

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

kazami32

Apr 5, 2007
HWL a nice choice.i am 1 of the hardcore sprited driving user wira SE. :love::driver:
GAB HA Hi-Lo i used b4...but performance & lasting is not in my expected.:hmmmm:

about GAB SS.i donno much.

joshua7paul

Known Member
Jun 6, 2009
CUSCO is more competitive driving oriented

GAB if u have money get SS series if ur in a budget get HA series. by the way, the new GAB HA series uses the same system as SS series (black in colour and red coils) hence u can adjust the soft/hard (abit more ma'fan to adjust soft/hard compared to SS)..

i believe the complain about HA series is the older model where the height is adjusted by compressing the coils. the newer models, u just the bottom part of the absorber for height.

i am using the HA series on my waja.so far so good.ive set it to hard with abit of softness for damping on normal road. on highways and winding mountainous road, it performs like a charm for the price u pay.

new HA series is 1550, SS series is 2250

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i tot talking compare wit Cusco & Gab(Japan)....:hmmmm: hell know just local cheap Gab...:mad:

Bump: i tot talking compare wit Cusco & Gab(Japan)....:hmmmm: hell know just local cheap Gab...:mad:

joshua7paul

Known Member
Jun 6, 2009
i tot talking compare wit Cusco & Gab(Japan)....:hmmmm: hell know just local cheap Gab...:mad:

Bump: i tot talking compare wit Cusco & Gab(Japan)....:hmmmm: hell know just local cheap Gab...:mad:
bro before u so angry about GAB local assembled do read the thread starter..budget is 2.5k..and he never said anything bout GAB japan..btw..GAB local n GAB japan..its still the same product..just local GAB is local assembled..many people have just stucked with SS series local assembled GAB...all happy.

do respect other people opinion.we are here to share not to flame up anything.

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
the local gab is not that they weren't good. just that the configuration is not mature yet. plus, the SS series is actually taiwan made parts, if not mistaken. saw exact parts in taiwan last year. the manufacturer is apollo or something~ hard to service in malaysia if i would said. i would like to go or the HA series which more durable and less costly to service.

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
FYi ...GAB in JApan is longer exist for more then 3 years already, those which made from Japan GAB were from chopshop itself you can find...our Local GAB alreayd broguth over the license of GAB to build it here. so what ever it produce are all buatan malaysia...
RS one have test car for you to ride one...give you self a try on it.

Cusco, also a great branding for japan but now inorder to have lowe price and R&D for local street condition it now also have it on assembled in local if not mistaken same factory with GAB.... try search Hypertune for the past 2 years..already mention...yet they provide test ride for you as well...

go test yourself...you choose for your own...coz everyone got it own oppinion ..becoz is their own butt.

for my own use...i will choose GAB for my leisure family drive i mean in slow speed....less bumpy..but high speed slightly bumpy...for my another Set i will Choose HWL (mine was costumize) for my autocross setup...bumpy in slow speed...and less in high or full speed..

also to much with your suspension..1st you must really know your car chasis flexibility well...
all you can find online teaching how to do matching.

that my own opinion.:driver:

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
GAB & HWL 1 kilang kot..
i`m not sure..but i`m using both GAB and HWL..HWL i always buy direct from factory SBuluh and setup all done there...
but once i send my GAB for service..they dun do it...inernal valve not same but i know HWL and GAB runing the same system the so call valve control..

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
bro i am using sport spring and absober for my wira sedan 1.5... is just nice my for malaysian roads plus it stable and really suite the car body!!!!

i am also using hi lo soft hard for my putra!!!! it for performance not that soft but when you wan to take corner and do 200 on the highway way, comfort u have to sacifice remember in the end v are using proton car and pushing them to the limit!!!!!!

but i have noe regarted buying gab product been using them bout 1 year already!!!!

just my sayin...........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
HWL and GAB both under Top Perfect last time, but not sure for now~ but they still share the same design and parts~ both were easily tune-able :burnout:

Zattara

Known Member
Jan 5, 2007
my opinion using GAB or HWL is a good choice. recently im using cusco hi lo soft hard. the damper is very2 stiff compare to GAB or HWL. the spring is also short mean less damper travel. my cusco spring is stiffer than GAB 10k spring. `tak boleh tahan`. almost perfect on the track but `lompat2` on the road. i already change to HWL and i`m happy with the result. but it is just my opinion.
some people like stiff absorber but some people dont. good luck...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

muskasim

Known Member
Jun 8, 2004
Pee Neng
klsim.tripod.com
dun waste u time go for cusco...make sure zero2 coilover one...not the big shaft.
it comes wif adjuster at the body no only the spring palce can be adjusted...sure u
wont regret...forget bout comfort when u chose perfomance part bro..:biggrin:
Whats the problem with the big shaft compare to the small shaft? Btw, anywhere to service cusco abs?

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
budget 2.5k add 300 get from titan , new one

tuning , manual alignment and camber everything in , quite worth it i would say , but the best is still tune until u happy ...

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
cusco is better but i think GAB is not bad..my car still use GAB for the past 3 years till now..no problem at all

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A vehicle based on the Chevrolet Beat concept, which swept through auto shows around the globe and the Internet earlier this year, will go into global production, Chevrolet announced today at the 2007 Los Angeles Auto Show.

An online poll that attracted more than 1.8 million voters helped influence the decision to take the concept to production. The distinctly styled A-class car will be initially targeted to markets outside of U.S. and Canada, starting in mid-2009.

“The people have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience