RM1.77 per litre petrol in Malaysia??

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hmmm im using esso petrol,i think its time to get that card.

just thought ill share since we on the topic,i dont know if its me or anybody else noticed this.

Petronas - consumption ok, good mileage clocks but low performance.

Shell - good performance, BAD mileage clocks.

Caltex - So-So performance , mileage clocks average.

Esso/Mobil - Decent power, nice mileage clocks. My favourite among all.

Just my opinion.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
aiyak, for me is Shell that gives me the most mileage...especially v-power

worst is petronas :P

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Brother Poc,

vpower is damn chun...in power and mileage butt...its kind of a different level laaa...:biggrin:

hmmm...i guess different cars results will be different.I wonder why tat is.This conclusion i posted above was on a 4g15 siemens.So i assume all cars will be the same..I think now i shall try shell again and see how it is.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I used to pump vpower last time, good power indeed, after that price rise then i changed to shell97 but totally sucks... same goes to caltex... Esso/mobil also one of the favourite but it's not so popular around the town so i give a try to petronas which i hated most.. surprisingly it suits my car well, performance better than the rest of 97... how come my feeling totally diff from you guys?? weird... :biggrin:

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
woah..like these esso petrol, but the station hard to find in my place...:banghead:

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
esso have always been my fave from the day i ride motorbike, to driving cars....more power more kick

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
wow...din know exxonmobil was a firm favourite!ive changed from shell to esso n it seems fine...heard petronas has the worst grade of 'RON97' in d market...

funnily enuff, shud ask u guys dis since its related to petrol:

after my car engine burnt, how come i pump vpower now it feels like RON97 rather than before my engine burnt vpower was VPOWER!:hmmmm:weird!!i think my engine really hailat d...

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
for me petronas is the best..good mileage and adequate power..shell is not so economy but got kick..bhp was like total disaster, my engine knocks when high revving..esso/mobil/caltex is good in mileage power was like so-so..my engine is mmc 4g13p...(oooppsss..forgot to mention..i did play2 with the ignition timing..so my case most definately will vary..)

Bump:
wow...din know exxonmobil was a firm favourite!ive changed from shell to esso n it seems fine...heard petronas has the worst grade of 'RON97' in d market...

funnily enuff, shud ask u guys dis since its related to petrol:

after my car engine burnt, how come i pump vpower now it feels like RON97 rather than before my engine burnt vpower was VPOWER!:hmmmm:weird!!i think my engine really hailat d...
check the knock sensor or the auto retard function..car with solenoil coil ignition (no distributor) usually got this gadjets..the function is to control ignition timing..good timing, good power..got a friend whose engine got short after install iridium spark plugs (waja 4g18)..maybe need to go engine diagnostic to see what sensors kong..

Last edited:

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
thnks bro for ur advice...

prob is d mech was d reason y my engine burnt...i think ill send back to service center to do diagnostics check up then c wat prob n will bill my frenz mech for it...currently no prob watsoever just that when i pump vpower its no diff than pumping RON97...:bawling:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Yea i was a fan of esso because of the rebate.when time to claim the so called 'free petrol' i will whack the car like crazy.hehe.but i think it's really worth it compared to bonus link n stuff like that but certain esso pump adulterate their petrol n u will noticed bad mileage n performance.but i switch to shell because the esso near my plc adulterate the petrol.so means whatever station u go u will noticed some of them do this.good thing for the smiles card is u can use at mobil or esso.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Friends,

Need advise, can we swap 4G92 meter box with proton 1.8/1.6 meter box??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience