water temp issue on rb25det....help... thanks

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
In that case you better sent to a good radiator workshop and have them flush it all out and service it for you again. Sometimes a car been sitting around for sometimes didn;t drive it much, all the hoses might clogged up little. When my temp did went up last time, I have my mechanic to flush out the radiator and refill back a reliable solvent that suite our local weather. After that, it works fine for me even stuck in heavy jam under hot sun and weather!

Bump: In that case you better sent to a good radiator workshop and have them flush it all out and service it for you again. Sometimes a car been sitting around for sometimes didn;t drive it much, all the hoses might clogged up little. When my temp did went up last time, I have my mechanic to flush out the radiator and refill back a reliable solvent that suite our local weather. After that, it works fine for me even stuck in heavy jam under hot sun and weather!

Bump: In that case you better sent to a good radiator workshop and have them flush it all out and service it for you again. Sometimes a car been sitting around for sometimes didn;t drive it much, all the hoses might clogged up little. When my temp did went up last time, I have my mechanic to flush out the radiator and refill back a reliable solvent that suite our local weather. After that, it works fine for me even stuck in heavy jam under hot sun and weather!

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
I hardly see any the old timer or so called sifu here help to answer ur question? Wonder why?

Nismo S-Tune is right, cheapest is flush it out first. See how it goes. Check any hose bend abnormal that could clog the system. It cud be hte coolant no longer works. When was the last time u did flush it out?

Perhaps to make it easy to diagnose. What have U done to rectify the problem? List it down here.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
I hardly see any the old timer or so called sifu here help to answer ur question? Wonder why?

Nismo S-Tune is right, cheapest is flush it out first. See how it goes. Check any hose bend abnormal that could clog the system. It cud be hte coolant no longer works. When was the last time u did flush it out?

Perhaps to make it easy to diagnose. What have U done to rectify the problem? List it down here.
May be they are too busy souping up their ride for the upcoming Super GT event! Pitty us over here...kampung GT we have lah....haa haa haa haa haa....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

sunseeker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2006
KL
Thinking of using redline water wetter ... anybody have those in their radiator ? And what is the ratio aganist water ?

Thnaks ! :adore:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Thinking of using redline water wetter ... anybody have those in their radiator ? And what is the ratio aganist water ?

Thnaks ! :adore:
Never heard of that product before...as for the ratio, refer to the instruction on the bottle and you will be fine!

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i replaced my thermo to sard!!! improved heaps, normal temp drop to 60, stationary goes up to 90 onli...

gud stuff man...!!!

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
gti[GSR];3619019 said:
i replaced my thermo to sard!!! improved heaps, normal temp drop to 60, stationary goes up to 90 onli...

gud stuff man...!!!
Good to hear it works, man! Mine is ARC and still doing marvelous job. I think the original thermostat is meant for cool/ freezing country like Japan. Thus, it wont function as it should be.

Bump:
Never heard of that product before...as for the ratio, refer to the instruction on the bottle and you will be fine!
This stuff is a a gud to help reduce the temp. 1 of the reputable brand in the market. It has no antifreeze agent. Similar like Motul MoCool. Tried it before, wanna get it again on my next trip this week.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Good to hear it works, man! Mine is ARC and still doing marvelous job. I think the original thermostat is meant for cool/ freezing country like Japan. Thus, it wont function as it should be.

Bump:

This stuff is a a gud to help reduce the temp. 1 of the reputable brand in the market. It has no antifreeze agent. Similar like Motul MoCool. Tried it before, wanna get it again on my next trip this week.
Ah...too bad I just flushed and change the coolant not long ago, or else definitely will give it a shot!! Too late...oh well...:bawling:

sunseeker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2006
KL
May be i can give the water wetter a try and see what is the result. In the mean time i agreed with reintel, the original thermosat is meant for cool/freezing place like japan .. So i have decided to order 1 nismo low temp thermostat, and see what i can get for the temp measurement :hmmmm:

kugas

Oct 31, 2008
Standard Thermostat opening temperature [start to open - full open] [ 82 deg C - 95 deg C ].....thats what i found in manual....
after market....nismo...opens at 62 deg C.

4G63-JJ3167

Jan 23, 2004
so sunseeker has your prob of high water temp been resolved?
I am also havin the same prob with my rb25det....hope u can share..

Last edited:

sunseeker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2006
KL
so sunseeker has your prob of high water temp been resolved?
I am also havin the same prob....hope u can share..
Well, I did 2 things here .....

1) Replace the stock thermostat with a Nismo thermostat
2) Flush out the old coolant (reverse flush)
3) Put 2 bottles of REDLINE Water Wetter + Water

Don't know which contribute the issue though, but now my car is running about 78 - 80 when driving normally. If after rev for a while and stop under the red hot sun, the water temp meter shows about 90. It is much better than last time .... been driving the car for a while, so far so good .. !

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
Our weather is very unforgiving to our ride, to make matters worse would be the traffic jams everywhere. From my experienced, i rather run a thinner oil viscosity like 10w40 than 15w50. Mine is a daily ride so oil temp has to be on the average whether jammed or not. I notice that even Motul 300v, though is a very good oil but my temps are higher. Could be just my ride or current tuned that reflects my judgment, so don't take this as the main reason for the high temp problems. This is my 2cent....

Good read for those trying to understand oil temps:
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/32925-what-viscosity-oil-do-you-use-your-skyline.html

Last edited: