1g-gte

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hi there, anyone here has any knowledge about 1g-gte engine? What is the advantage and disadvantage /setback of this engine in terms of performance, reliability and parts?

TIA

SB3.

Bump: Heres is the sample pic of the 1g-gte

Bump: Heres is the sample pic of the 1g-gte

Attachments

Apr 5, 2010
Kunatan
Yes, i want to know also..anyone with 1g experience out there pls share.. e.g timing belts set, where to buy,how much etc..tq

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Basically, I ve used the engine for almost a year already , so far no major problems. There are two important things to check though; water and engine oil. This engine is easy to operate as there is no sophisticated sensor that would go wrong . But every now and then I would make sure that all the hoses (from turbo, intercooler, intake manifold) are properly tightened after a hard run. Any loose hoses (including vacuum hoses) would result to crappy idling . The usual cause would be air leak after the AFM.

PPL will tell you to go for 1JZ turbo engine over 1GGTE as 1JZ have more potential to upgrade to a very scary horse power figure (above 500hp !) but of course these would break your bank account for this kind of achievement unless u have ur own 'kedai potong'.

But if you are satisfied with 210hp, just go for the 1g gte (air-air cooled). Roadtax would be cheaper and also easier JPJ approval.

Anyways, its all up to ur personal preference. good luck in your engine quest.

SB3.

**The engine is damn easy to start even with weak battery after 1 month of non starting***

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2010
Kunatan
yes, definitely 1JZ is the easy answer to parts & soon-to-do-conversion..sb3 where do you buy wear & tear parts, like timing belts set? any particular shop to reccomend?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
yes, definitely 1JZ is the easy answer to parts & soon-to-do-conversion..sb3 where do you buy wear & tear parts, like timing belts set? any particular shop to reccomend?
Mine's a new one, haven't thought of it yet . I guess u would need a bring a sample to the kedai sparepart for measurement.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I've just did a RTD endorsement with no problem at all as its the same CC from my previous engine. So I dont have to pay extra or get letter from putrajaya. Thats a relieve .

awie101

Oct 24, 2010
Selangor
have any 1g-gte user here to share? interestng to know about too about this engine? cnt find ppl discuss about this engine..

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I maybe able to share some info about this engine, Btw what car are you driving anyway ?

awie101

Oct 24, 2010
Selangor
I’m planning to put this engine inside mark 2 lx80. Cheaper roadtax than 1jz :biggrin:
How about FC for this engine? can use for daily ride?
sparepart easy or hard to find? Where can find part?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I’m planning to put this engine inside mark 2 lx80. Cheaper roadtax than 1jz :biggrin:
How about FC for this engine? can use for daily ride?
sparepart easy or hard to find? Where can find part?
The fc of this engine is remarkably good if compared with another type of 2L (turbo or non turbo). I've tested this car (RM50-00 ron 95) for a week using the same route and have tested another 2.0l (non-turbo carusing ron95 also) and guess what? The 1g-gte engine still has 1/4 tank by the end of the week!! This is not a fluke shot as i've tested it for many weeks.

Well as for the spareparts , its quite difficult to source tho especially new ones, you have to be really a hardworking scavenger at the kedai potong around your area . Any available on sale , just grab it lah..:biggrin:

Daily ride ? I've driven it to outstation and have tested it at the most congested place in KL and it had never let me down (broke down) once! coz its a toyota !:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

To reduce any parasite powerloss, its best not to use clutch fan (noisy also) and intall the electric fan motor attach to radiator.

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
I'm looking to get this engine to replace the 1G-EU in my cressida. I think it will be a PnP since it is the same series. Will i be able to reuse my meters? and dash?

Another question, what is the market price of this engine? Anyone wanna let go cos i need one soon!!

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
1g-gte :- engine , ecu, wiring harness ard 3.5 - 4.k depends on availabilty.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The answer is - YES!!!

I'll let the pictures do the talking:

This is the said panel - for Kancil....

Soaked/washed with Meg's Degeraser then Meg's APC

After wash & clay. White spots are paints overspray (or better description would be careless overspray) curtesy from those people doing renovation works for my neighbour...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience