Beware Of Fake "Made In Japan" Sport Rim !!!

SP|D3RMaN

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
aedetailers.multiply.com
Guys.
There is another way to see whether it's fake or not.
The easiest and most common way to detect fakes are by looking at the offsets.
Original JDM rims seldom (if never) come in +40 offset. This is what i've realize.

FYI, replica rims not only comes from Taiwan , but also Thailand and Philippines.
Quality wise, it is said that Thai and Philipines produce much better rims. I've never tested it out though.

Bump: Guys.
There is another way to see whether it's fake or not.
The easiest and most common way to detect fakes are by looking at the offsets.
Original JDM rims seldom (if never) come in +40 offset. This is what i've realize.

FYI, replica rims not only comes from Taiwan , but also Thailand and Philippines.
Quality wise, it is said that Thai and Philipines produce much better rims. I've never tested it out though.

williamyap

Apr 6, 2009
Thx u sharing this info at here .
Thx a lot.
----------------------------------------------------

http://www.JobsBroadway.com/

Career Tips
Career Information
Career Opportunity

Bump: Thx u sharing this info at here .
Thx a lot.
----------------------------------------------------

http://www.JobsBroadway.com/

Career Tips
Career Information
Career Opportunity

ahchi

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
SA
Most of the imported Jap rims have this sticker. JAWA is like JASMA , its Japan auto wheels association...........

But also the process makes a diff in a fake RG. A fake RG or maybe i should say, most of the Taiwanese rims are die-casted, where it means melted molten of aluminium & alloys are casted in a mold. Wherelse higher quality rims are forged, from a single solid piece of aluminium alloy to its shape. The structure internally are much more stronger. Also the alloying element in a more expensive rim like magnesium , plays an important part in its rigidity and toughness and strength of the alu-alloy materials
Not exacttly true, the fake rim I saw that day also come with an original lookalike JAWA sticker. However, the sticker still look really fake, the sticker size & its font are different than the original one, so still can be differentiate if you've seen the original before.

Bump:
Most of the imported Jap rims have this sticker. JAWA is like JASMA , its Japan auto wheels association...........

But also the process makes a diff in a fake RG. A fake RG or maybe i should say, most of the Taiwanese rims are die-casted, where it means melted molten of aluminium & alloys are casted in a mold. Wherelse higher quality rims are forged, from a single solid piece of aluminium alloy to its shape. The structure internally are much more stronger. Also the alloying element in a more expensive rim like magnesium , plays an important part in its rigidity and toughness and strength of the alu-alloy materials
Not exacttly true, the fake rim I saw that day also come with an original lookalike JAWA sticker. However, the sticker still look really fake, the sticker size & its font are different than the original one, so still can be differentiate if you've seen the original before.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
i agree with spider, was in Bangkok and went to a rim shop...errr...actually can call it a rim mall..as big as Jaya Jusco one floor...they had probably a few thousand rims on display...

all types but mostly the local made ones are the most impressive...not pricey....will post some pics once i down it from camera..

Bump: i agree with spider, was in Bangkok and went to a rim shop...errr...actually can call it a rim mall..as big as Jaya Jusco one floor...they had probably a few thousand rims on display...

all types but mostly the local made ones are the most impressive...not pricey....will post some pics once i down it from camera..

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
guys want to know will it be any issue if use +45 offset wheels? will it hit the body or other things?

Bump: guys want to know will it be any issue if use +45 offset wheels? will it hit the body or other things?

SP|D3RMaN

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
aedetailers.multiply.com
guys want to know will it be any issue if use +45 offset wheels? will it hit the body or other things?

Bump: guys want to know will it be any issue if use +45 offset wheels? will it hit the body or other things?
It depends on your car set up.
There is even +5x offset which only suit a handful of cars out there.
Choose wisely and it's best to get advice from other people who has driven the same make of a car as you.
Cheers !

Jun 2, 2006
thanks for the precious information!!
this can remind our awareness on those fake prods!!
otherwise...we will cause death by the stupid fake prods!!

4LE

Known Member
Dec 23, 2005
hi all, i thinks original product got big diffrent with fake product, actually i use civic genaration 7 original sport rim. when i buy this rim got enkei name at d sport rim and d foremen show me d words "made in japan" but this words is like computer sign on d rim inside, means if put on tyre, u cannot c d words already. last year CNY i drunk drive back home fr my frenz house, at cheras $0.50 toll there, behind left handdside tyre puncit, but time is late nite + drunk, so i cont drive back home at puchong. all d way i drive 80 - 120km/h. until nxt day, i c my tyre damage all . then 1 week later i go to change tyre n ask the foremen this rim got bend ? i suprise d foremen tell me, ur rim nothing bend !! So lucky me. :biggrin:

Bump: hi all, i thinks original product got big diffrent with fake product, actually i use civic genaration 7 original sport rim. when i buy this rim got enkei name at d sport rim and d foremen show me d words "made in japan" but this words is like computer sign on d rim inside, means if put on tyre, u cannot c d words already. last year CNY i drunk drive back home fr my frenz house, at cheras $0.50 toll there, behind left handdside tyre puncit, but time is late nite + drunk, so i cont drive back home at puchong. all d way i drive 80 - 120km/h. until nxt day, i c my tyre damage all . then 1 week later i go to change tyre n ask the foremen this rim got bend ? i suprise d foremen tell me, ur rim nothing bend !! So lucky me. :biggrin:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
e-manage gt fake de ah????where can buy??share wif us pls!!!

Bump: e-manage gt fake de ah????where can buy??share wif us pls!!!

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
i agreed with u guys.there's a lot of fake wheel in the market nowadays.lucky for me that i'm among
those who know how to differentiate between ori and fake.i've have the opportunity to talk to a
friend of mine who happens to be a wheel salesman from j.b.i did ask him about the fake rg's that
they sells.he said that they did bring in those "made in japan" rg's to m'sia last feb.what i like to
state here is that the wheel that he show me did have the "mij" stamp on it.the problem is they
stamp it at the wrong place.the ori "mij" stamp is on the back centre of the wheel while the fake
is on the back of the spoke.next time if ur buying rg's,pls check the stamp.they should be a
"yokohama" logo at the back centre of the wheeel. there's also "advan rg" words there.same goes
to rg 2.it's back is nearly identical to rg.

Bump:

what car r u driving x?different car need different off.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Haha..I heard from a guy there are guys in JB that sells you 2 original and 2 fake rims for the full price!!!

Dont know if its true? So beware bros...lets not get suckered on our hard earned money...

Bump: Haha..I heard from a guy there are guys in JB that sells you 2 original and 2 fake rims for the full price!!!

Dont know if its true? So beware bros...lets not get suckered on our hard earned money...

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
now's day there are full of the fake product , from taiwan , thailand & china ...
even hand set got alot of the fake phone , like N95 , Iphone etc..
Someone's selling apexi t.timer , pivot voltage stablizer , HKS air filter & something's else on the market of zth , provided it's ORIGINAL but the price is really unbelievable..

Bump: now's day there are full of the fake product , from taiwan , thailand & china ...
Someone's selling apexi t.timer , pivot voltage stablizer , HKS air filter & something's else on the market of zth , provided it's ORIGINAL but the price is really unbelievable..

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
now's day there are full of the fake product , from taiwan , thailand & china ...
they got BALLS claiming their product is ori when the truth is it's fake.

Last edited:

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
they got BALLS claiming their product is ori when the truth is it's fake.
yup , but what can we do? at that price if they told ppl is fake or not original i think also wun effects their business what , cos if the buyer is ard there they would be dun mind the seller tell him "this is replica" , where got cheap & good thing's? not dun have , is seldom la .. if everyday got ppl selling their ORIGINAL APEXi t.timer at such price(RM6X but need take at least 10pcs) then the dealer of ORIGINAL APEXi bankrupt already lor..

btw , my SSR rim behind got a wordings << speed star >> is it standard huh?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
yup , but what can we do? at that price if they told ppl is fake or not original i think also wun effects their business what , cos if the buyer is ard there they would be dun mind the seller tell him "this is replica" , where got cheap & good thing's? not dun have , is seldom la .. if everyday got ppl selling their ORIGINAL APEXi t.timer at such price(RM6X but need take at least 10pcs) then the dealer of ORIGINAL APEXi bankrupt already lor..

btw , my SSR rim behind got a wordings << speed star >> is it standard huh?
yup,it's standard la.the company that produce ur wheel is speed star co. ltd.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Do anyone know anything about this powerzone LSD? Please give me some feedback on this item, reliability? Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience