Celica ... worth to get it ?

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all sifus and brothers out there , current ride a Proton ... didn't came across my mind that i will change car until i saw one of the 5th gen celica for sale ... i assume it shld be 1993 non-turbo version as i need to get more information from seller ...

Current Mods:-
- converted to GT-4 water cooled IC engine which he said is close to the same as the Caldina GT-4
- FF , LSD GB
- all in stock condition , as in really really stock
- twin pot @ the front , single at the back
- TRD hi-lo soft-hard

Condition:-
- looks good inside out , wear and tear stuff , but engine condition is good
- seller was honest , need to change the drive shaft head , both side , am not so sure with this atm
- paint wise ok , quite good , need 2 touch up a bit

Included as extras
- Bonnet , Front lights
- Back boot the whole thing including the rear windscreen and lights
- 2 doors
- anything and everything he can find in his home
- twin pots for the back if not mistaken

so i really need opinions from users here ... i had a read up in celica wikipedia ... and kinda lost haha ...

so basically i'm worried bout maintenance (most important),FC wise , not really , are spare parts easy to be sourced ? and of coz is it a good buy ??

Last edited by a moderator:

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
just a reminder.....celica n caldina engine is different.....but the price is cheap....quite worth it thou......turbo car fc sure higher than na car... parts can still get it.....

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
just a reminder.....celica n caldina engine is different.....but the price is cheap....quite worth it thou......turbo car fc sure higher than na car... parts can still get it.....
it's not the same , but it does resemble part of it , or am i totally wrong ? -_-" , price wise i think it's ok , FC not really a major concern , anyway Tom's we have met b4 , i still remember ur blue matte mr2 ( dun really remember ) , ur side meter panel with some racer's signature ... guess need some1 familliar with this to have a look with me if i really decided 2 sell my proton and get this charming guy ...

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
err....where we met before? my mr2 was gold colour n celica matt blue....hahaha.....

3SGTE have a few version engine but celica have 3
ST205 celica run on water to air cool intercooler and MAP 255hp
ST185 hav 2 water-air and air cooled both run AFM 225/235hp
ST165 run water to air cooled

if it nearby my place i can go over busy body

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
hehe thanks for clarification anyway wikipedia was really giving me headache , now seeking my finance minister's approval as she wants to view the car 1st haha , after if everything good then i will proceed contacting u , anyway we met in sunway , haha and u intro-ed me water cooled turbo engines , eh like that means i saw u twice , both cars as well ...

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
If it's a 5th gen then it's the one with pop up head lamps ? If yes then it should be a 18x model. For around 20K it's definitely worth coz market is goin around 3xk. Bout close to caldina then maybe it's the older model not the current model as the current ones are more to ST 205 type of engine which is the newer 3SGTE. The engine block looks abit diff if compare with Caldina and ST 205.

But anyway it's still a bargain if everything is in tip top condition and not much repairs are needed. Most important is check the registration card, AP and also if it's still under loans just to avoid future problems. Wonder why I never encounter such offers :bawling:.

liz@rd : If need another person to look see look see can let me know so I can go over drool drool abit. :biggrin:

shiratsu

May 13, 2009
looks like i have a buddy here. haha. rm20k?? thats cheap man. mine was rm60++ cant remember of course that time was the late 90's. my dad bought it though that time. It had problems along the way which is quite normal as it is a 1990 car. but i like it. my dad hadnt taken care of it that good. so the suspension was not working. brake pad was not in a good condition. and so on... just recently fixed it big time and now is working very gud. costs quite a lot and the parts was hard to find. ( even the new ones..though thta's what my mechanic said). the FC is quite high 4 me. of course the newer cars have better FC right? but beside that all. i luv the car and aint regretting putting a sum of money on making it good again. fyi, mine is not using turbo, just the normal 3sge.

However i'm having a hard time cos my power steering oil for my st185 is leaking. can see the oil drip on my garage floor. cant remember what is leaking but my mechanic said the particular part is quite hard to find. anyone knows how to fix this?

Bump: woops.. rm60K ++

Bump: woops.. rm60K ++

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<_< when my kancil get pick-up sure got sound jijiji.... come out from the dashboard, time to stop the car also... where can i fix it? i dunno where the screw located, not the 1 in the surface of dashboard, any others inside??? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience